Sponsored

Anybody else having this issue?

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
This car has never seen gravel...ever. Never hit anything in the road that I can remember. Why is this such a terrible unprotected sharp angle like that? Also what is the best touch up paint to get for the 2015 black color?

[/IMG]
Sponsored

Seatown Stang

HereWeGo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have not had any of these issues yet....but i only have 3,100 miles on the cars

Barry626

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang 2.3L

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
Paint code is UA. All dealerships now carry touch up paint with clear coat now as well it costs about $10 and works great. I have a few of those same marks on my black 15 (one down to metal) and it covered up perfectly.

Sponsored

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mines oxford white so wouldnt tell in that spot, I only trust dr colorchip as it comes out perfect when covering up rock chips on my bumper.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Mines oxford white so wouldnt tell in that spot, I only trust dr colorchip as it comes out perfect when covering up rock chips on my bumper.
So that stuff really works?

99gtp

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
So that stuff really works?
Sure does just follow their instructions it is 100% spot on, I might do a small write up on it in the near future as a lot of people have asked and posted about covering up paint chips, etc.

There is no way you could tell the difference no matter how close you look, at first it might look a little off once you apply it but once it dries and you do the last blend step it comes out perfect.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Nice... good to know.

fstang24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I also have used Fords touch up paint on a small rock chip in the front bumper, looks like the pain doesn't hold up well like they use too. Wish their was a clear wrap to apply to the car to protect the whole car from scuffs and scratches...lol

Sponsored

Beef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GT
Yeah ford paint here as well.... I have a numerous amount of chips in my paint.... I would love to get a hold of the bean counter that decided on such a thin coat of pigment.....

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp
In a spot like that, I'd get a small rattle can of base and clear, mask around it and cover the fender with paper/tarp/etc. Then just skuff those two spots with scotchbrite, wipe it down with prepsol and shoot the base. Wait about 15 minutes and then shoot a light coat of clear. Wait another 15 mins and shoot a 2nd coat of clear. If you keep the paint in a 3-ish inch strip just slightly wider than the chips, you'll never see the repair in that spot. Let it dry for a couple of weeks and then lightly polish and wax. Good as new.

You can get the paint here:

http://www.paintscratch.com/

or you can take your chances by dabbing on the dealer touch up with the little felt tip. That works too, but won't be as invisible (just costs a bit more and takes more time).

Best,

Roman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2013 Fusion
Dr Colorchip. Works great.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I also have used Fords touch up paint on a small rock chip in the front bumper, looks like the pain doesn't hold up well like they use too. Wish their was a clear wrap to apply to the car to protect the whole car from scuffs and scratches...lol
You can do that if you want. It's expensive but it works. :)

I have Xpel on my Mustang, but it's only in select areas, not the entire car.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I just got a similar looking one almost two feet up my hood where it is practically parallel to the ground. Never heard a thing. It seems like the paint is pretty thin. I ordered this one, but haven't applied it yet.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K5WBABG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00
By the way, don't order this kit. The vendor only shipped the black on the first order and did not ship the clear coat. On the second order they shipped Mopar brand clear cloat and claimed it was the same thing. Told them if I wanted Mopar clear coat than I would have ordered Mopar clear coat. They are refusing to ship what they advertise on Amazon and I am filing a claim.
Sponsored