Sponsored

any TT s550's on 93 and meth?

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I run my water meth setup as a IAT cooler only. At 20+psi of boost i was seeing real high IAT's very quickly. Now I can watch it drop below ambient during a run.

I have my sensor divorced and installed at the very back of my intake so I should in theory see the hottest temps.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I run my water meth setup as a IAT cooler only. At 20+psi of boost i was seeing real high IAT's very quickly. Now I can watch it drop below ambient during a run.

I have my sensor divorced and installed at the very back of my intake so I should in theory see the hottest temps.
How much meth are you spraying and where do you inject. With my small shot of 50/50 9gph nozzle pre throttle body my IAT2 doesn't really change much more than it did before. My IAT2 is a dedicated sensor read on NGauge through ZT-2 system somits real accurate data.

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I have a dual nozel setup. Can't remember the gph at the moment, I want to say they are each 16gph or 19gph. Pretty sure they were 16 because if I went to the dual 19gph, I needed a twin pump setup. I shoot for a higher 49/51 meth/water mix, but i'm sure it closer to 40/60 because I error more on the side adding more water.

I spray 6" before the throttle body.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I have a dual nozel setup. Can't remember the gph at the moment, I want to say they are each 16gph or 19gph. Pretty sure they were 16 because if I went to the dual 19gph, I needed a twin pump setup. I shoot for a higher 49/51 meth/water mix, but i'm sure it closer to 40/60 because I error more on the side adding more water.

I spray 6" before the throttle body.
Where do you inject?

Sponsored

FATHERFORD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
Of all the cars I have run meth on, from what I can tell the PCM in these cars themselves have some really easy to configure failsafes. Easiest being to setup the tune like a flex fuel tune, so that it is actively monitoring changes in fuel concentration. There are other intake temp based ones, etc. Its dangerous if tuned too heavily to rely on it, but done right there is a LOT of power to be had.
Sponsored