Sponsored

Any shops that Catless setups in NorCal?

6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Does anyone know of a reputable shop that will install Mak Cat Deletes in the Sacramento Area? I've called around and haven't had any luck. As soon as i mention the phrase "cat deletes," it's a solid NO everytime lol. Thanks California... :frusty:
Sponsored

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Good luck with that, I doubt they will risk getting their license revoked for removing cats on a vehicle that will be operated on public roads. Best bet is to find someone that know how to weld and that can do it in their garage. I did mine, a bit of a pain but well worth the gains.

Reactions: 6G

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Mikes Performance Exhaust installed mine for $100 great shop have had all my work done there.

EDIT: My bad thought you were in LA for some reason. Leaving post in case anyone is looking for a good shop in LA.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Good luck with that, I doubt they will risk getting their license revoked for removing cats on a vehicle that will be operated on public roads. Best bet is to find someone that know how to weld and that can do it in their garage. I did mine, a bit of a pain but well worth the gains.
If that was the case there would be no muffler shops or any performance shops left in California. Modifying any part of the exhaust on a public driven car is illegal. For all the shop knows your car is a track only car.

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
I never thought about this but if I were to buy catted headers (obv not CARB approved) would a shop deny installation?

Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I never thought about this but if I were to buy catted headers (obv not CARB approved) would a shop deny installation?
Every shop is different, but 99% of performance shops would not deny you. Shops have zero legal liabiltiy for installation of parts that are illegal on public driven cars, because for all they know, your car is track driven only. Just like you could go to a tint shop and have them put illegal level tint all over your car, if you get caught its on you, not the shop.

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every shop is different, but 99% of performance shops would not deny you. Shops have zero legal liabiltiy for installation of parts that are illegal on public driven cars, because for all they know, your car is track driven only. Just like you could go to a tint shop and have them put illegal level tint all over your car, if you get caught its on you, not the shop.
Thanks, it's basically as I thought it was. So it's only if you ask a shop to remove the factory cats is a big no-no

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I don't believe that is the case. When the EPA or whoever it was did a crackdown in the summer I know one of my shops was threatened with fines and they stopped doing catless installs. Now obviously some don't care at all, but they do have liability to some extent. If you can't find a performance shop to do it, I'm sure a mom and pop exhaust place in an auto mall will. Big difference between EPA/CARB enforcement vs. tint.

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't believe that is the case. When the EPA or whoever it was did a crackdown in the summer I know one of my shops was threatened with fines and they stopped doing catless installs. Now obviously some don't care at all, but they do have liability to some extent. If you can't find a performance shop to do it, I'm sure a mom and pop exhaust place in an auto mall will. Big difference between EPA/CARB enforcement vs. tint.
I plan on getting one with high flow cats. Clearly it's still not legal in CA but maybe if it has some sort of cats it'll be easier to look the other way.

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Hmmm I see, to be honest I don't know the laws exactly, but all I know is I could name a dozen shops that would have zero problems chopping your cats right off and giving you a receipt for it lol.

Sponsored

Ray@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raymond
Vehicle(s)
2016 roush charged mustang gt. 720/631
Does anyone know of a reputable shop that will install Mak Cat Deletes in the Sacramento Area? I've called around and haven't had any luck. As soon as i mention the phrase "cat deletes," it's a solid NO everytime lol. Thanks California... :frusty:
That's tough man. Better off to order a whole kit and just get it tuned. Unless you know a good welder.

16s550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT M6 performance pack, whipple charged
PM me if in Bay area.

OP
OP
6G

6G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the info. :)

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP