Sponsored

Any Recommendation for a Particular OBD2 Scan Tool?

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
So out side of Bluetooth. What dose the Mx+ do that the cable will not.
Nothing that I know of. I like the BT version because when I go out on track, I can connect it and log my throttle position/rpm/and other telemetry to output into a CSV file. That wouldn't be possible with the cable version since it would be just a little dangerous with wires flailing about.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Ok. I might go cable. Unless I can find a deal on a BT VERSION I have a nguage But I do a lot wrench turning for my mustang and bow tie buddy.

Drantanborg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M2
Recently, I found myself in the same situation where I needed to pick up my own OBD2 scan tool after borrowing one from a friend. With so many options out there, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. After doing some research, I decided to try out what I believe is the best OBD2 scanner for Jeep Wrangler. It's been a game-changer for me, offering a good balance between affordability and functionality. In my opinion, brands like Autel, Innova, and BlueDriver also offer excellent options that capture all the relevant engine codes without the hefty price tag. They're available on Amazon and other online sources, making them convenient to purchase.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Snellemin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Bullitt, '14 Expedition, Merc C300, Scion xb,
I've been using BlueDriver and OBDLink MX+ for years. The BlueDriver gives way more detail when something is wrong. The MX+ can read and write with forscan.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://store.autel.com/

One company I cannot recommend: Autel.

Last Fall, I'd bought one of their units. It was received fine. Appeared to function well. I updated any software I could and stowed it in the toolbox.

I'd failed at that time to actually test it on a vehicle.

I've since discovered Autel does not update their software often. For example, when hocking up to my car, the model year reads, "2012". :facepalm: It's a tick off. Owners of other makes have reported similar experiences. I've since confirmed that, while Autel updates things occasionally, it's often only when major revisions are needed.

The unit I bought does work, talks to the car and I can execute any feature or test displayed.

Makers of these products need to update hundreds or more features for all the vendors supported. I can appreciate that. The Autel unit is doing what I needed it to do and I'll continue with software updates.

If you need something specific to the Mustang, it's best to look elsewhere. And for the vendors you are considering, e-mail them prior to purchase, asking when is the last time they updated software for the make and model of interest.
Sponsored