Sponsored

Any pics of your car with Steeda Progressive sport springs?

ezracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 DIB Mustang GT Premium.
Steeda progressive springs on a 15 GT with factory wheels, 235/50-18 tires with 20mm hub spacers.

Mustang .PNG
Mustang II.PNG
Sponsored

Sponsored

Hakon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1 2021
"This" what?
Sorry friend
I made a mistake when writing and sent split messages....sorry
I wanted to ask if they are the STEEDA that I have put in the photo.
I saw your photo and I really love the posture.
There is no rubbing with the HP tires?
Thank you so much

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Sorry friend
I made a mistake when writing and sent split messages....sorry
I wanted to ask if they are the STEEDA that I have put in the photo.
I saw your photo and I really love the posture.
There is no rubbing with the HP tires?
Thank you so much
Yes, those are the Steeda Magnaride sport springs. No fender rubbing with the HP wheels. Though it can scrape the lower splash shield on certain speed bumps and drive ways if you aren't careful.

Hakon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1 2021
Yes, those are the Steeda Magnaride sport springs. No fender rubbing with the HP wheels. Though it can scrape the lower splash shield on certain speed bumps and drive ways if you aren't careful.
Thank you!! That's what I imagined since the HP wheels, the front ones have quite a bit of displacement. Maybe running at the front with a 295/30 or even 285 tire, it still prevents it from rubbing against the splash guard.
I will try 295/30 front and 305/30 rear

Right now with HP springs and tires.
I'm running with
285/35 front and 295/35 are not stretched at all, simply flush.
I need to be able to go down about 2 cm more

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Thank you!! That's what I imagined since the HP wheels, the front ones have quite a bit of displacement. Maybe running at the front with a 295/30 or even 285 tire, it still prevents it from rubbing against the splash guard.
I will try 295/30 front and 305/30 rear

Right now with HP springs and tires.
I'm running with
285/35 front and 295/35 are not stretched at all, simply flush.
I need to be able to go down about 2 cm more
I think you misunderstand. When I say say splash shield, I'm talking about the underside of the car scraping because its so low with the tire and spring combo.

I personally would keep the 35 profile tires for that reason. I'm actually considering making that switch myself.

I do think there is a chance fender flares may rub on bumps though. So removing them may be necessary.

Hakon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1 2021
I think you misunderstand. When I say say splash shield, I'm talking about the underside of the car scraping because its so low with the tire and spring combo.

I personally would keep the 35 profile tires for that reason. I'm actually considering making that switch myself.

I do think there is a chance fender flares may rub on bumps though. So removing them may be necessary.
Okay, I misunderstood. With a 35 profile it gives a little more height but as you say, there may be a problem with the splash molding, since the front HP wheels have a lot of outward displacement. I don't know what to do, honestly, because if I lower it that way I'm going to cause it to rub in many places....it's very difficult to find the perfect position without problems. I still end up continuing with the HP springs that OE comes with, although aesthetically there is free space between the wheel and body.

Sponsored

Hakon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1 2021
I think the ideal would be an air or adjustable suspension. Or how modern Porsches...Ferrari... have it, from the inside it is activated and deactivated, to be able to pass obstacles or ramps and on the road it sits very low...
Logically it is very expensive and not worth it...

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Okay, I misunderstood. With a 35 profile it gives a little more height but as you say, there may be a problem with the splash molding, since the front HP wheels have a lot of outward displacement. I don't know what to do, honestly, because if I lower it that way I'm going to cause it to rub in many places....it's very difficult to find the perfect position without problems. I still end up continuing with the HP springs that OE comes with, although aesthetically there is free space between the wheel and body.
You're over thinking this. First of all what are you trying to accomplish? If you want it lower more than is now, then by how much? It's not like the Steeda springs cause the car to scrape all over the place, you just need to be careful. I daily mine and rarely have an issue.

For what its worth, mine had the factory 255/40 tires on the HP wheels when I bought it (which was stupid unsafe btw). That diameter is the same as the 285/35s and I didn't get any rub on the fenders flares when I test drove it. Now, those tires tucked in much further, but I dont think 285/35s will instantly cause a bad rubbing issue with the Steeda Sport springs either. Worst case you take the fender flares off which isn't really a big deal IMO.

Also, Continental tires have more rounded edges than Michelins squared edges and should tuck in (slightly) more.

AZ_Ryan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
This is a pic of a 255/40 tire on a HP rim with the Steeda Sport springs for diameter reference only. Obviously that tire was not wide enough for the rim and I no one should do this lol. I only post because the diameter is the same as 285/35 tire, and may help visualize fender gap.
20231004_175024.jpg

Hakon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach1 2021
The truth is, I tried the Ford Performance M-5300-W, supposedly they lowered 0.75" in the 4 corners... I didn't like the rear position, it lowered much more in the front by about 30mm and in the rear just 10mm...
It only grazed the splash molding, going hard into curves and bumps on the road. Still removing the backsplash moldings.
I would like 20mm or 30mm in the 4 corners. Not that it drops too much in front and not at all or a little behind.
Your configuration looks good, I will try the STEEDA SPORT or the Dual RATE, that is my doubt right now.