Sponsored

Any GT350 Owners get an Acceptance letter for the new 2017 Ford GT?

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Are any of these things even going to be delivered in 2017? Based on what I have heard I suspect that Multimatic will have trouble filling all the orders. Than again I suspect that is not totally unexpected for a car like this.
Sponsored

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
Its an awesome looking car with a ton of innovation but Ford screwed up the pricing. Way too much for a Ford. No I didn't apply and yes I can afford one before I get any crazy remarks. It should have been in the price range of a 911 Turbo or R8 V10 plus which I was looking at before I bought my GT350's.
agreed. You can pick up a 488GTB and a Huracan LP 620-2 Super Trofeo for the price of 1 ford gt.

or buy an aventador lp-700-4 and have over 100K in spare change.

do i think the new GT is super cool? yes.

Do i think it is that much better than a 488GTB AND a Super Trofeo? nope!

cooler than an aventador lp-700-4 and 100K? Nope!

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
is this car going to be the fastest American car ever made for the track?
like, is it going to be faster than a z06 with z07 pack or Viper ACR?

My instructor drove me around the track with his z06 w/z07 i can't think of many cars that is going to be much faster than that one.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Its an awesome looking car with a ton of innovation but Ford screwed up the pricing. Way too much for a Ford. No I didn't apply and yes I can afford one before I get any crazy remarks. It should have been in the price range of a 911 Turbo or R8 V10 plus which I was looking at before I bought my GT350's.
agreed. You can pick up a 488GTB and a Huracan LP 620-2 Super Trofeo for the price of 1 ford gt.

or buy an aventador lp-700-4 and have over 100K in spare change.

do i think the new GT is super cool? yes.

Do i think it is that much better than a 488GTB AND a Super Trofeo? nope!

cooler than an aventador lp-700-4 and 100K? Nope!
You guys don't sound much like Ford fans to me. That's ok. :cheers: You aren't the audience that Ford is going after with this car. If I were in the market for a car that cost that much I would want one. But then again I'm a Ford guy and I've owned lots and lots of them - only a couple other brands and only briefly.

If getting the best value for your money is important to you - buying ANY brand new car is not the best way to go. I wouldn't buy the Ford GT because I think it's the best value. As performance increases, price rises far, far more quickly. The best value performance car is probably a two or three year old Mustang GT bought from a private seller.

There are Porsches and Ferraris that cost nearly $1 million. The GT is relatively cheap!

It should be interesting to see how the car performs compared to some of the cars you named. If it is similar in performance to a 911 then I would say it's a miss. However, I would be very surprised if the 911 is close in performance.

zombiekiller

warranties are 4 wussies
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350, 66 galaxie,a Tesla, and an AMG G63
You guys don't sound much like Ford fans to me. That's ok. :cheers: You aren't the audience that Ford is going after with this car. If I were in the market for a car that cost that much I would want one. But then again I'm a Ford guy and I've owned lots and lots of them - only a couple other brands and only briefly.

If getting the best value for your money is important to you - buying ANY brand new car is not the best way to go. I wouldn't buy the Ford GT because I think it's the best value. As performance increases, price rises far, far more quickly. The best value performance car is probably a two or three year old Mustang GT bought from a private seller.

There are Porsches and Ferraris that cost nearly $1 million. The GT is relatively cheap!

It should be interesting to see how the car performs compared to some of the cars you named. If it is similar in performance to a 911 then I would say it's a miss. However, I would be very surprised if the 911 is close in performance.
i guess that is the difference.. I love ford vehicles. I come from a ford family. ( my FIL worked on the original Falcon both in the US and then on the australian version. he was with ford for 53 years.)

BUT, I love cars of all kinds and could never only ever just buy one brand.

nothing drives like a ferrari or a lambo. i f something else did, they wouldnt be so special.

If i can acquire two amazing cars instead of one ford GT, i would. I'd get more enjoyment out of it.

If the GT was at the 400K mark as initially socialized? I would have been selling kidneys, banging on doors and waving the flag, but when i went through the price list and configured one, I was at 522K-ish.

No way. couldnt do it.

Completely happy to build 5, gt40 replicas, each a different color, one for each weekday instead for the same money.

Or buy 2, almost 3! 05/06 GTs.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
BUT, I love cars of all kinds and could never only ever just buy one brand.

nothing drives like a ferrari or a lambo. i f something else did, they wouldnt be so special.
Very cool. I believe you that Ferraris and Lambos are great. Just hearing the sound of the engines they put in those cars - they have got to be amazing to drive. I'm not in the position to own one and I never will be, though.

The engine in the GT won't sound as good, but I don't think you know how the car drives. It might be better than you think.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
$522,000 Ga tax =$36540. My 05 FordGT was $166,945 with all 4 options. I didn't even pay MSRP. That's a ton of money for a Ford GT. I'm not even sure there will be enough Ford dealers to service these cars in the future. Are there enough 1% crowd that are car cazy ? I submitted an app but didn't ever consider paying that kind of money. Would have worked out a deal with someone that did. 11,000 apps but how many were serious ?
image.jpg

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
My god - Ford?!

Just for the record Ford accidently built a car with hypercar pricing. 522k USD is going to equal 1 million in other parts of the world.

Even in Canada with the current exchange rate we're talking $680,000! That's more then an Aventador SV here!!

With some provincial taxes this vehicle will come to $800,000 OTD Canadian funds.

I don't know what Ford has done but this isn't good.

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
My god - Ford?!

Just for the record Ford accidently built a car with hypercar pricing. 522k USD is going to equal 1 million in other parts of the world.

Even in Canada with the current exchange rate we're talking $680,000! That's more then an Aventador SV here!!

With some provincial taxes this vehicle will come to $800,000 OTD Canadian funds.

I'm pretty sure Ford won't have a problem selling these 500 or possibly 1000 cars. A lot of disappointment on the GT forum on who did not get picked. This is not a 1% car, more like a .10 % car.

And we don't even know the performance #'s yet, it may put up hypercar #'s

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
My god - Ford?!

You do realize they had 11k applications for 500 cars, right? I think it's 500 for the 2 year run.

Exactly what did Ford do wrong? This is not a Mustang they are building and selling. It's obvious they did something right.

Sponsored

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
I think the car will most likely have 3.0 - 3.5 second 0-60 times or less.

I'm not sure where I heard this fun fact cause my mind is scrambled at this very moment - but the new GT has the best power to weight ratio of any production car (meaning, standard, limited, etc.)

I think we should all hopefully be surprised at how light the car is . . because it's not killing the HP market with 600+ HP, so weight's got to be where this car is making up it's speed.

I personally think it is OK for Ford to make a 500K + dollar car, it's basically saying - hey we can't afford to "mass" produce these cars in our business model like Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, etc. - But we can stay in the game from time to time, come reinvent some S**T, win LeMans if we want to and then rule the world with our affordable hot hatches, GT350's and Raptor trucks.

Also, making the GT this hard to get, getting everyone under contract only helps keep the value of the car for at least 3-5 years or indefinitely - so these will not depreciate like a Lambo, Ferrari.

Porsche is a different story - yes, Turbo's and Turbo S's depreciate - but GT3's and 918's not so much, maybe other way around sometimes (especially on the 918)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I agree, love this car and am glad ford is making it regardless if i can get one. At 500k i would be stretching myself for a car purchase. Its a pipe dream now cause without being selected, on the secondary market the car will become unobtainable. We all have our limits. This car is spectacular in its use of carbon fiber and its awesome design. I wouldnt give the same amount for ANY foreign car, even if it beats it.
Love the car and hope it kicks butt for years to come.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
You do realize they had 11k applications for 500 cars, right? I think it's 500 for the 2 year run.

Exactly what did Ford do wrong? This is not a Mustang they are building and selling. It's obvious they did something right.
I understand the limited build and appreciate the quantity of applicants. However, I doubt even half of those can actually afford a 400k vehicle, let alone a vehicle that's actually 500k+ optioned.

Rumours led people to believe this was a 400k vehicle. This vehicle is not an LFA, where they had to create machines to weave the carbon. I just can't see the price.

Now that said, I know Ford, I appreciate Ford, and it's performance department. This vehicle shouldn't disappoint, but it might.

It absolutely must break 7 minutes on the Nurburgring.

cj428

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R TT
It's the same chassis and motor as the race car, which has had to be detuned 5x now by the sanctioning body to slow it down enough for the other cars in its class. I think this speaks for itself.
Sponsored