Sponsored

Any avid bikers plan on getting a hitch receiver?

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
:barf: these look terrible. ruin the look of the car from any rear angle. :shrug: I guess its a necessary evil for some but we all spent tons of money for a car that looks great, and most modded it to look even better. Then this just ruins it. id buy an old truck or suv for hauling.
Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I have a full suspension giant trance 29er and mountain biked all season last year by dropping the back seats, putting a tarp down and sliding the bike in with only removing the front tire. Easy as pie and no ugly rack causing wind resistance and rattling... Was able to enjoy a fun drive to the trails, can't wait till next season!

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP
Another use for a hitch mount is a tire-rack. a LOT of guys drive to autocross on street tires, with a set of track tires on a hitch-rack... swap 'em out in the parking lot and ready to race.

I always trailered my Miatas since they weren't street-legal, but I'm considering a hitch for the mustang for just that reason.

(but it's a moot point as long as I'm working weekends :) )

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
What if you don't want another vehicle. Do you DD a mustang or a truck?
Personally I go back and forth between the two, lifted trucks and sports cars. but having at least a beater suv or truck is a necessity for me for pulling the boat, bikes, anything like that

Sponsored

IslandHopper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium 401A PP
Personally I go back and forth between the two, lifted trucks and sports cars. but having at least a beater suv or truck is a necessity for me for pulling the boat, bikes, anything like that
I do the same... but not everyone has room to store an "extra" vehicle.

So.... off topic... ORL-SRQ ??? which is it? (that's a heck of a commute, if that's what you're implying :) )

OP
OP
JohnDoe

JohnDoe

<3 short walks to my car
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
:barf: these look terrible. ruin the look of the car from any rear angle. :shrug: I guess its a necessary evil for some but we all spent tons of money for a car that looks great, and most modded it to look even better. Then this just ruins it. id buy an old truck or suv for hauling.
Some are just more comfortable with their sexuality than others :lol:
Funny-memes-cool-story-bro.jpg

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
I eventually bought a truck but before then I used my Mustang like one

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
I eventually bought a truck but before then I used my Mustang like one
how much does this weigh? Mustang has max tow rating of 1000 pounds. Hitch mount isn't good for much more than bicycles

How's the Procharger on the V6 ?

Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
The trailer is 250 lbs. and the quad is 450 lbs. so they are easily below the max.

A Procharger is a beast in the V6! The V6 block and crank are the same as the 3.5 EB and can take a lot of boost.

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Whoa why didn't someone warn me

That hitch was an absolute bitch to install. By myself in my driveway I made it happen. But I'm now ready to take my bike with me to Texas for extended stays.
Hitch0.jpg
Hitch 1.jpg
Hitch 2.jpg
Hitch 3.jpg

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
What if we travel much farther than you?

I have a full suspension giant trance 29er and mountain biked all season last year by dropping the back seats, putting a tarp down and sliding the bike in with only removing the front tire. Easy as pie and no ugly rack causing wind resistance and rattling... Was able to enjoy a fun drive to the trails, can't wait till next season!
I have Grandkids in Texas 900 miles away. When I go I stay for weeks. I have been successful in getting them all interested in trail riding including my Son in Law. It's important to me to take my bike. And I don't want to have to buy another car or truck, I like my GT thank you. And my Stratocaster goes in the back seat along with a small number of things that go boom at the Range. Vert can't drop the backseat and my wife packs clothes like shell never come back. So the hitch is the answer. :amen:
Sponsored