Sponsored

Any advice for ordering a 2017 S550 in AZ?

JCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - RR
Hi all,

After *much* soul searching and test driving it looks like I'm going to replace my 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Ltd 5MT with a 2017 S550.

Very excited to have made a decision finally! :ford:

My first Mustang, going to go with the S550 + PP in Ruby Red, 6MT.

I live in Tucson, dealer here (Jim Click) seems OK, but I have no problem going up to Phoenix for a better deal.

Since I'm going to order one (probably as soon as ordering for 2017 opens up) - do you guys have any suggestions regarding how to get the best deal? Last 2 cars have been off the lot, so I'm rusty. Also have never dealt with Ford before.

If you have a favorite dealer/rep - feel free to let me know.

Thanks in advance,

JT
Sponsored

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
I bought mine through Scott Patty at Holmes Tuttle at Tucson Automall. He was awesome to work with and not pushy at all. He was actually probably the best car sales person I have ever worked with.

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Bought mine from Scott Patty as well. He's been a family friend for a long time. Great guy to work with!

berzerk_1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Mustang GT
Also give Nadia at Oracle Ford a call. It's about an hour from Jim Click, and they don't do dealer adds or Tucson city sales tax (6.7% vs. 8.1%). They're very honest but they are a small shop so I recommend double checking their work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
I wouldn't expect much in deals or rebates on an ordered vehicle, but there should be no reason to pay anything more than sticker or less. Talk with a couple dealers and go through the one you like, is open about pricing/rebates/discounts and go with that.

Are you planning on going with the Premium Package or the base? You can't go wrong with the Performance Pack.

Sponsored

berzerk_1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Mustang GT
I wouldn't expect much in deals or rebates on an ordered vehicle, but there should be no reason to pay anything more than sticker or less. Talk with a couple dealers and go through the one you like, is open about pricing/rebates/discounts and go with that.

I had heard that you can get an x plan pin pretty easily. Check with your employer, etc. Rumor has it that you can also get one by joining the Mustang Club of America. Normally you can get better than x plan by shopping the sales and cleaning up the lot, but for ordering I think it'd be hard to beat. It's something like .4 percent over invoice. Also you should get all available rebates with no argument.

cyberbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT On Order
Get the Ceramic seats so you don't burn your butt off, looks great too.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
I had heard that you can get an x plan pin pretty easily. Check with your employer, etc. Rumor has it that you can also get one by joining the Mustang Club of America. Normally you can get better than x plan by shopping the sales and cleaning up the lot, but for ordering I think it'd be hard to beat. It's something like .4 percent over invoice. Also you should get all available rebates with no argument.

MY Mustang club gets this as a perk being sponsored by Sanderson Ford, I'm told if you press the right button most anyone can make it happen.

Get the Ceramic seats so you don't burn your butt off, looks great too.
Leather is leather in my opinion, ceramic will certainly do better though. It still won't be as cool as cloth. That being said the alcantara/suede seats in the GT/CS are wonderful and seem to stay cool to the touch, that's what I would get if I got a premium.

OP
OP
JCT

JCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP - RR
So while I was going through all the great input my sneaky better half was searching around dealer inventory all over PHX just in case there was a 2016 that fit the bill. I've been driving station wagons for 15 years while he's had a succession of fast cars and motorcycles - so he really wanted to get me something fun for a change.

He found exactly what I would have ordered, GT Premium in Ruby Red with manual transmission, Performance Pack , 401A, Nav and security. Ended up right around 4K below MSRP like sstevens7 plus a more than fair price on my 12-year old Subaru. And yes, with a lot of effort we could have got *maybe* 1K more on the Subaru - not worth it to us.

Hopefully will pick it up next week if all goes smoothly! :headbang:

:ford:
Sponsored