BMW E36 323

downthepub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Miles
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, VW California
Think this cropped up a couple of weeks back, flashes the reds as part of the sequence which probably isn't legal for UK roads. Am a fan of sequentials turn signals in general, but gotta be done right. ie all orange.

OP
OP

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Despite being illegal it is a hell of a lot more noticeable than a lot of modern cars.

Crazy isn't it?

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Three sequential ambers are no more legal...

Sponsored

OP
OP

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
True

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
Anyone here got them?
Yup... got mine last week (V2) and fitted them at the weekend... took 15 mins including removing/refitting the subwoofer.

Not 100% PC in the eyes of many purists on here, but they work great and look better than the standard set-up, and for the price will do for now until I decide to go all the way with the fronts and rears.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ah, I guess Audi gets away with it as it's a single "light"?
Maximum two lights on the rear for indicators (That's two per side), unlimited on the front.

Technically speaking audi's are two for each side one on the bumper and one on the boot.

P.S i have no comment on these, but i'm bias as i have rear sequentials (Amber). That being said would two red lights flashing not confuse people to think you're possibly braking????

OP
OP

croyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E36 323
Yup... got mine last week (V2) and fitted them at the weekend... took 15 mins including removing/refitting the subwoofer.

Not 100% PC in the eyes of many purists on here, but they work great and look better than the standard set-up, and for the price will do for now until I decide to go all the way with the fronts and rears.
How much were they inc postage and was there a customs charge?

Cheers

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Maximum two lights on the rear for indicators (That's two per side), unlimited on the front.

Technically speaking audi's are two for each side one on the bumper and one on the boot.

P.S i have no comment on these, but i'm bias as i have rear sequentials (Amber). That being said would two red lights flashing not confuse people to think you're possibly braking????
I quite liked them, though thought that the V1 version might be slightly more authentic (but still not very) due to not jumping back to single indicator if you brake, which you often do whilst indicating. I'd imagine you'd probably be fine with them generally, however
  • you'd be giving the cops a free shot at you if they fancied pulling you over for something
  • in the event of a rear-ended accident the insurer has a get-out of having to pay you

But as I say, as a low-cost alternative to the "proper" implementation they're not bad imo.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
How much were they inc postage and was there a customs charge?
EPM web price was AUD 198.00 + 30.00 postage to Jersey (same as UK) which worked out at ÂŁ137.48 at the exchange rate at the time (paid via PayPal for added security).

Took 7 working days to arrive in the post (so would probably be 6 to the UK) in an inconspicuous Jiffy bag (smaller than the size of a piece of A4 paper) and was just described on the declaration sticker as something like 'wiring connector' so Customs took no notice of it and no duty requested/paid.

Personally, for what it is, it's one of the most reasonably priced mods I've done on my Mustang to date so really happy with it... and makes the car different to most others no matter how 'technically' imperfect it may be!

666mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT cars name (HAMMER)
Received it in 10 days ÂŁ18 import duty nice bit if kit
Plug and play works great I'm happy like the way the brake light over rides, no mess no down time 10 mins to pull sub and clips plug in cable tie rebuild drive off.

Nookie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 GT
  • you'd be giving the cops a free shot at you if they fancied pulling you over for something
I would think the amount of coppers that would know the definition of the law relating to sequential rear lighting to be something akin to the amount of them that know about section 32 of the Salmon Act 1986 which outlaws “handling salmon in suspicious circumstances”!

The insurance thing would probably be the main concern, but then again they'd probably find a dozen other things first that most of us have done to our cars that would 'technically' mean we've somehow voided our policies, before they sussed the lights were a bit off OEM spec!

A life without risk is no life at all... :ninja::ninja::ninja: !

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
I would think the amount of coppers that would know the definition of the law relating to sequential rear lighting to be something akin to the amount of them that know about section 32 of the Salmon Act 1986 which outlaws “handling salmon in suspicious circumstances”!

The insurance thing would probably be the main concern, but then again they'd probably find a dozen other things first that most of us have done to our cars that would 'technically' mean we've somehow voided our policies, before they sussed the lights were a bit off OEM spec!

A life without risk is no life at all... :ninja::ninja::ninja: !
You might be right. On the other hand who knows the extents of the knowledge the traffic can call on with which to nick us :D
As i say, i quite like this solution. Can't justify having the lights done properly at the moment and wheels are likely to be the next big mod so I may yet get them.
Sponsored