Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Two very different options right in front of me and I'm about to close a deal:

Shadow Black w/ white stripes - Tech Pack

Or

Race Red w/ white stripes - Track Pack

???

Help me! Haha. A few bits of info: the price difference is only $1000 between them (black over red), and I might only track once a year. Otherwise, I'll be enjoying road trips and winding country roads.
Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
I dont think you can go wrong with either. Personally id do the red and white...looks great.

livvyshae

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Black with white. But, seeing a race red stang cruising down country roads is a nice sight to see as well so I understand why it may be so hard.

Only downside of a black car is every flaw is to be noticed up next to it, other than keeping it clean I love mine.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Red with white stripes looks awesome. Probably easier to keep clean as well...... And you will find yourself wanting to keep it clean

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Mine is a Race Red Tech and I couldn't possibly love it anymore. Then again I have yet to track my car and deal with the limp mode BS. Given that you will be tracking your car it would seem that the track pack would be the way to go. But, go with whatever meets your needs. As I have said in other threads, we buy these cars for the Motor, The sound, the suspension & the 8250 redline.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
DSCF1492.jpg

DSCF1525.jpg

Or
DSCF1492.jpg

DSCF1525.jpg

???

Help me! Haha. A few bits of info: the price difference is only $1000 between them (black over red), and I might only track once a year. Otherwise, I'll be enjoying road trips and winding country roads.
Each to their own but it would be a no brainer for me with the first choice being the Race Red with White Stripes and a Track Pack.

The deal breaker for me would not be a Tech Pack versus a Track Pack but I remember ordering my first 2012 Boss 302 in Race Red with White hood, roof and C stripes and it was outstanding compared to the Black hood, roof and C stripes in that same car.

Red and White is very cool in my opinion but again Shadow Black is also a favorite color of mine as I have 2 Shadow Black GT350's and 1 Rudy Red on it's way.

Good luck with your decision and let us know what you finally decide!

:cheers:

DyNaMiC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium
DSCF1492.jpg

DSCF1525.jpg

Each to their own but it would be a no brainer for me with the first choice being the Race Red with White Stripes and a Track Pack.

The deal breaker for me would not be a Tech Pack versus a Track Pack but I remember ordering my first 2012 Boss 302 in Race Red with White hood, roof and C stripes and it was outstanding compared to the Black hood, roof and C stripes in that same car.

Red and White is very cool in my opinion but again Shadow Black is also a favorite color of mine as I have 2 Shadow Black GT350's and 1 Rudy Red on it's way.

Go with the Red, black hides the lines of the car too much

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
DSCF1492.jpg

DSCF1525.jpg

Hope the pictures of my 2012 Boss 302 in RR with White stripes comes through?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
302 009.jpg
302 038.jpg

Sponsored

oregongt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE, 1967GT Fastback S code,
Track Pack

Or

???

Forget colors the Track Pack is cooler and will be more collectable in the end.:D:D:D

OP
OP

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Well, in case anyone is wondering:

The stealership (__name removed because I don't feel like starting crap__) reneged on a trade-in deal last minute. What a waste of an hour-long drive and 3 hours in the stupid place. I was leaning Race Red with the Track Pack.

Last edited:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Well, you don't see many dealers having 1 star on yelp. That sucks man. What's your plan now?

OP
OP

V8Stang15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT - Race Red
Well, you don't see many dealers having 1 star on yelp. That sucks man. What's your plan now?
Back to the grind, I suppose. They said sticker, but that's definitely not happening all around the country so I guess I'm out of luck. I'm upside down on my trade, so that limits my options. I'm good to finance for about $72k (comfortably... could be $72k after putting about $3k down and I'd still be good) for this car, but I'm upside down about $15k, so sticker was the only way I can make it work. Being $15k upside down on a Shelby was much preferred to being $15k upside down in a GT.

I'm just very limited with this negative equity. I have a good amount of play here with being able to finance up to $72,000 and having a credit score of 760, but that negative equity is killing me right now.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Back to the grind, I suppose. They said sticker, but that's definitely not happening all around the country so I guess I'm out of luck. I'm upside down on my trade, so that limits my options. I'm good to finance for about $72k (comfortably... could be $72k after putting about $3k down and I'd still be good) for this car, but I'm upside down about $15k, so sticker was the only way I can make it work. Being $15k upside down on a Shelby was much preferred to being $15k upside down in a GT.

I'm just very limited with this negative equity. I have a good amount of play here with being able to finance up to $72,000 and having a credit score of 760, but that negative equity is killing me right now.
Seems like the sooner you roll all that into the Shelby, the better, since it'll hold its value better. Good luck to you man, and keep on the lookout on the forums also. I saw a post from an awesome member here about an MSRP deal at his dealer, and I immediately PM'd him, got the dealer info, and placed a deposit right away. My car should be delivered to the dealer within the next week or two(fingers crossed).

Also, keep an eye out on the Down and Dirty ADM thread, there were MSRP deals posted in there also.
Sponsored