Sponsored

Another GT350 Manifold install @ Team JDM

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I know it's reving higher and longer in the curve. I think there are other places to spend money to get roi. Isn't 8k a bitch
Considering we have the same rods and bearings as a boss... we are more then okay to rev to 8k. Ive seen the boss revved out to 8250. Stop spreading necessary fear. On the 11-14 the 8k failures were very few. They however didnt have boss rods or bearings. I know dozens of the first gen coyotes that have at least 100k miles with full bolt ons and cams revving to 8k.
Sponsored

S550Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT base performance pack
I am also unable to locate the harness on your website, can you shoot a link?

steveespo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PPL2, 2017 F-150 XLT SCREW
Considering we have the same rods and bearings as a boss... we are more then okay to rev to 8k. Ive seen the boss revved out to 8250. Stop spreading necessary fear. On the 11-14 the 8k failures were very few. They however didnt have boss rods or bearings. I know dozens of the first gen coyotes that have at least 100k miles with full bolt ons and cams revving to 8k.
I shift my '11 GT motor with CJ intake at 7700. For the first 11,000 Track miles I did that with stock valve springs, for the past 1500 track miles it was with Boss valve springs. Car has 32,000 miles overall and still is my prime track day/time trial car. Coyote's if well treated are very reliable high rpm motors. Oil and oil cooling are very important on any engine, so is avoiding detonation especially at high rpm.

Regarding corn fuel, I don't run it for a variety of reasons, availability near me, amount burned is too much for road racing, fuel tanks aren't big enough, and upper cylinder lubrication issues, alcohol is very "dry" and has no lubricating properties that gasoline does, if you misfire and washdown a cylinder chances are greater that you will score a cylinder wall. For drag and roll racing E85 is a great fuel.
Steve

15COPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO Mustang GTPP/2015 DIB Mustang GT
I will be ordering my 350 setup this week from JDM Engineering,I can't wait should be a good setup.

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium, Dodge 2500 Cummings, 69 Camaro
Funny you say that. This was a boss motor with under 25k on it.

Sponsored

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Not melted broken from the rod.
I don't think so, looks to me like the piston melted/broke first then took out the rod IMO.

Also usually the coyote rods snap just under the piston, atleast the few I have seen.

Was that from your motor? How did the main bearing look? Did it spin a bearing?

Kellys69z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt premium, Dodge 2500 Cummings, 69 Camaro
I don't think so, looks to me like the piston melted/broke first then took out the rod IMO.

Also usually the coyote rods snap just under the piston, atleast the few I have seen.

Was that from your motor? How did the main bearing look? Did it spin a bearing?
Not mine friend of a friend. Rookie driver missed third gear and poped the motor. Was a bone stock boss. I'm mostly screwing with you guys, because I'm sick of seeing the pissing match between the boss, cobra jet, GT intakes. It's like beating a dead horse. On a side note have any of you done the maths on rod ratio and piston speed? I really like the coyote for the technology in it but I think they should've increased the bore spacing, and a little taller deck height. Than could get away from a square motor, and increase the rod ratio. Again just my opinion though.

Need4Speed15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Auto
Not mine friend of a friend. Rookie driver missed third gear and poped the motor. Was a bone stock boss.
Well that's pretty crazy, sound as if he had a defect from the factory because it shouldn't let go like that.

Anyway, back on topic...how about those JDM tunes/packages with the GT350 intake manifold!

Sponsored

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
pm me a price needed for all the parts ? I have a steeda intake already and an sct tuner. Would like the Intake but no gt350 TB and all necessary connections and extra you may have come up with ! NJ is a little far for me to drive from Toronto just for an install :/

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
How about an option of just the intake manifold with the stock throttlebody and stock intake along with a tune from you guys (JDM) for that?

Mikeiscoo2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
im just going to be blunt but im not trying to be mean. what do you guys do that justify's charging twice what lund does? and does your 400 dollar email tune even include E85 tuning?

OP
OP
JimIII@JDM

JimIII@JDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Metallic
For those who are asking about pricing and the kits we will be sharing something later today! We are getting everything added to our website now and I'll post when we are done.

As far as Rod breakage, RPM, other engine internal related issues if you have any questions you can contact me direct. We offer a line of built engines and components for your engine we can discuss. The factory rods can handle the RPM that we are seeing with the manifold. Like any mass production engine component anything is prone to failure. Conditions vary especially when modifying your vehicle that is why it's important to go with proven combinations. That is what we offer for our customers!

Back to the original topic....

Just an update on the car, we did make 456 RWHP on our dyno jet with it this weekend! We will have a dyno graph to share, I'll get it from Jim Sr when he has a moment.

Thanks!

JimIII
Sponsored