Another GT dying on its own....

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Ok, here another member with this issue and I thought I'd start my own thread. Completely stock, no tune with only tinted windows and a new shift knob. Absolutely nothing done to the engine, exhaust or tune. Car has right at 4200 miles on it.
Just happened to me today for the first time. Cranked up the car to leave work, was running fine. After about a half mile I was approaching a red light, and as others have posted, pressed in the clutch, slipped it in neutral and it just died. Also had the "Run Power On" on the dash. No CEL. Bumped the start button and it fired right up.
Now here's where it gets weird. Temps outside were mid 80's. (Car was still cold engine wise and I had the A/C on full blast when it died.)
Screen readout said it was 70 degrees outside. I knew damned good and well it was hotter than that. And as I was driving, (city traffic) I would shift at or around 2000 RPM. When I pressed in the clutch to shift the RPM's would jump about 1000 RPM's until I let the clutch out. This occurred about three or four times out of ten to fifteen shifts.
About 3 miles up the road I pulled over, shut the car off and opened the door to kill the stereo. Cranked it up and right away the outside temp reading jumped from 70 degrees to 85 degrees. No more revs on shift and ran fine all the way home for the next 15 miles.
I have to take it in for the first oil change within the next few weeks and I'll bring it up to the service manager then. I'm just going to start the documentation process now though for my own notes.
Sponsored

DADS05

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.insanelights.com
Vehicle(s)
2005 Sonic Blue Mustang GT
My wife has some of the same issues on her 2013 Challenger, The dealer says it is being caused by a faulty alternator which is in the process of becoming a recall issue soon. Hopefully the Mustangs don't have same issue.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
...I have to take it in for the first oil change within the next few weeks and I'll bring it up to the service manager then. I'm just going to start the documentation process now though for my own notes.
Hey ScottsGT,

Let's bring your Pony back to life! When you're ready to take it in, send over a PM; I'll take a look at the situation and see how to further assist on my end. :)

Jeff

OP
OP
ScottsGT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Will do! Thanks Jeff. So far it's shown no more issues, but I am watching it like a hawk.

matt020876

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt (Surprise)
Vehicle(s)
Carless till she arrived
Hey ScottsGT,

Let's bring your Pony back to life! When you're ready to take it in, send over a PM; I'll take a look at the situation and see how to further assist on my end. :)

Jeff
You Americans know how to do customer service if only Uk ford had the same levels of Service.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ScottsGT

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Hey Matt, since you brought this back up, I'm happy to report that this has not occurred since the one event and I'm about to roll over to 10K miles in a few weeks.

matt020876

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt (Surprise)
Vehicle(s)
Carless till she arrived
Hey Matt, since you brought this back up, I'm happy to report that this has not occurred since the one event and I'm about to roll over to 10K miles in a few weeks.
Good good - hopefully these issues ive read about will be all ironed out by the time I get my RHD ive ordered next year.

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ford won't fix it. Trust me. They will bring it in, dance around the issue, cause they dont really know, fix things you dont need fixed, and send you on your way with their fingers crossed that you won't come back. Mine has been in 6 time (once for an entire week) and now they won't even talk to me about ANYTHING!!

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Not to say these things aren't happening on 2016's and above but 1 reason I rarely buy a first year model ... they'll fix the issues in year 2.

dannyboy3461

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Well I think this is like year 6 of the coyote motor isn't it? In my research I found similar issues with 14's as well. There is a TSB for the 15 gt symptom. Had dealer do the fix, (flash pcm) but accomplished nothing. I think its either vacuum, mechanical (pump gears) or electric TB. But I'm no tech, so what do I really know.
Sponsored