And the point is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 GT500
A short insight. I visited Fabulous Fords 2016 today. Very impressed with the GT350 turn up. Very cool and makes me even more anxious to get my own. However, I did notice countless times regular mustang GT's with the R badges. Not trying to stir the pot of forum fights, but my true question is, what's the point? Here's just one example of many,

20160417_121739[1].jpg

Excuse the photo quality and angle,

This doesn't just apply for R badging. I saw Mustang GT's with the same copycat front bumpers and wings too.

But I think its just getting a bit out of hand. I'm stating all this because the little bits and pieces here and there help make the GT350's special, but when I see this viral trend, going as far as putting on the GT350 specific badging on, it just makes me scratch my head. :doh:

Idk, just wondering what all your opinions are. :cheers:
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Halo cars have been mimicked/imitated forever. To each their own and nothing you can do about it either way.

Last edited:

04Terminator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cindy
Vehicle(s)
GT350 (sold); 04 Cobra (sold)
I think it's ridiculous.:tsk: Personally, I'd never do it. That being said, what does everyone think about regular GT350's with R splitters, wings and rims? I guess SORT of the same might be said. ;)

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
That being said, what does everyone think about regular GT350's with R splitters, wings and rims? I guess SORT of the same might be said. ;)
Not really, What would a 350R be without the larger splitter and the wing and cf rims? Just another GT350

Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
They are the SCS 'Howler' badges.

They have a Coyote symbol and say GT 5.0 at the bottom of the badge.

Are they in the style of the Shelby badge? Yes. They look far better than the standard large chrome GT badge that Ford used on regular GT's.

I have one on my car, and think it adds a nice touch without badging my car up to be something it isn't. As long as it doesn't say 'Shelby' or 'GT350', I see no reason to point the finger.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Just think of it as....

...a tribute to the revered GT350, the real deal. Here's one I saw at C&C yesterday morning.

OP
OP

GT350R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'07 GT500
I didn't get close enough to verify. So if that was the case then my apoligizies. I just assumed the assumable. Not knowing that those other badges even existed quite frankly. However my case is still spausible. I have seen people with the gt350 badges on the sides before, and I'm guessing some of you guys have too... So for all instances with people "Actually" having a copycat badge that's to what I'm referring to. No need to take things personal. Just was gathering opinions.

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Spausible? Is that short for "supposed to be possible" or were you thinking "plausible?"

Just trying to understand what you meant.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
A short insight. I visited Fabulous Fords 2016 today. Very impressed with the GT350 turn up. Very cool and makes me even more anxious to get my own. However, I did notice countless times regular mustang GT's with the R badges. Not trying to stir the pot of forum fights, but my true question is, what's the point? Here's just one example of many,

20160417_121739[1].jpg

This doesn't just apply for R badging. I saw Mustang GT's with the same copycat front bumpers and wings too.

But I think its just getting a bit out of hand. I'm stating all this because the little bits and pieces here and there help make the GT350's special, but when I see this viral trend, going as far as putting on the GT350 specific badging on, it just makes me scratch my head. :doh:

There are a few forum vendors that sell these here. This has always happened.

What about Shelby clones that are out there and have been since the 70's? This will always happen.

Sponsored

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic

You're really going to get upset over bumpers and wings? LOL

Dude, you realize you drive a Mustang right?

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
You're really going to get upset over bumpers and wings? LOL

Dude, you realize you drive a Mustang right?
No, it's a Shelby. It's not a Mustang. Mustangs are junk. Shelbys are like totally different cars. God forbids anyone else uses similarly looking badges. And how dare you using Sheby and Mustang in the same sentence you peasants.

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
If I wanted to drive something exotic I'd go Italian, then I'd be pissed of because of the Fiero framed imitation lol.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Having owned 4 cars that typically have clones or parts used on lower models I typically just ignore it. Now if around and the owner tries to pass it off as something it is not I tend to comment. It's kinda like the people who own Chrysler 300's that attempted to make them look like Bentley's. Worked until a real one shows up.

It is often good for a laugh like the red GT with the 350 badges.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster

20160417_121739[1].jpg

Why wasn't your R there?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.