Ambient Thermal Management Intercooler Data and Info Thread

jjsotolongo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jose
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Just installed mine. Took 3 hours and it was super smooth. I also had a bunch of power tools though. Couple tips for the install: put the TIP sensor on the cooler after you mount it in place, I had trouble with the sensor blocking the cooler from fitting properly. As for the TIP sensor cable, I found there was a bit of slack that you could get if you pulled it gently from it's source. After I did that the cable fit just fine.

Hardest part for me was getting the charge pipes back in place. I have a vert so I didn't have to deal with the grill shutter non-sense.
Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Just installed mine. Took 3 hours and it was super smooth. I also had a bunch of power tools though. Couple tips for the install: put the TIP sensor on the cooler after you mount it in place, I had trouble with the sensor blocking the cooler from fitting properly. As for the TIP sensor cable, I found there was a bit of slack that you could get if you pulled it gently from it's source. After I did that the cable fit just fine.

Hardest part for me was getting the charge pipes back in place. I have a vert so I didn't have to deal with the grill shutter non-sense.
That is the hardest part, took me an hour to fit them on and my first run I popped one off, had to take apart and start all over!!

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
Received. Will be installing Tuesday. This intercooler is huge has to weigh twice as much as the mishi.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Received. Will be installing Tuesday. This intercooler is huge has to weigh twice as much as the mishi.
Once you remove the shutters it evens out bud

steven1955

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
EB competition orange convertible
Would someone here, when they have the nose off the car for their IC installation, please take a picture of the end of the TIP sensor plug and the end of the TIP sensor electrical connection.

I've tried twice to find slack for my TIP sensor cable, but it's still a lot tighter than I like. I don't know if it's just my car, or the fact that it's a 2016, or me. I will try one more time to find slack in the harness, but if I can't I will splice in additional wire to the TIP sensor cable to gain more length.

So if I am going to take the nose off the car again I want to be prepared for splicing, and I'd like to have a TIP sensor cable pigtail on hand. The pictures will help me find the right part without having to take the nose of the car off an extra time just to take pictures. (Yeah, I know I should have taken my own pics when I did my IC install. Hindsight is 20-20.)

The cleanest option would be to buy or pre-make a short TIP sensor cable extension. (I haven't found a pre-made extension cable, plus I don't know if I can find both male and female ends.) This would require no cutting of the factory harness.

The second cleanest option is to have a new plug with pigtail, and cut the factory harness right next to the plug, and the spliced harness will be longer by the length of the pigtail. I only need an additional 1.5 to 2 inches.

The least clean option, which is what is left if I can't find the right pigtail, is to cut off the plug, and splice in a short 2 to 4 inch length of wire. This would require the largest number of splices. Ick. But better than having as much tension in the cable as I have now.

Sponsored

stevnoof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt base manual 3.31
I just had to pull out the 2 or 3 plastic bits holding the wires to the car as seen in the video. Worked fine for me I didn't have to cut any tape or splice anything. I do have an early model 2015 though. I just wish the factory hot side pipe was an inch longer.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I just had mine off putting on the Cervinis chin spoiler so I went in and cut that tape some for extra slack. Now at least it isn't pulled tight but it still has very little deflection. At this point, cutting more tape wouldn't have helped it, it is restricted vertically. Unless there's another attachment from above I can disconnect? At this point there's just light strain on the connection vs before it was moderate strain (no deflection).

steven1955

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
EB competition orange convertible
I just had to pull out the 2 or 3 plastic bits holding the wires to the car as seen in the video. Worked fine for me I didn't have to cut any tape or splice anything. I do have an early model 2015 though. I just wish the factory hot side pipe was an inch longer.
I did this too. Before I removed the plastic bits there was no way the plug would have reached the TIP sensor. After removing the plastic bits the wire was barely long enough, and that's with it still having way too more tension than I am comfortable with.
I just had mine off putting on the Cervinis chin spoiler so I went in and cut that tape some for extra slack. Now at least it isn't pulled tight but it still has very little deflection. At this point, cutting more tape wouldn't have helped it, it is restricted vertically. Unless there's another attachment from above I can disconnect? At this point there's just light strain on the connection vs before it was moderate strain (no deflection).
Where exactly did you cut your tape to get a little extra slack? I did not cut my tape, but then, when my car was apart I could not see where cutting the tape would increase the slack.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I did this too. Before I removed the plastic bits there was no way the plug would have reached the TIP sensor. After removing the plastic bits the wire was barely long enough, and that's with it still having way too more tension than I am comfortable with.
For this, I think I only found 1 plastic attachment that I could remove to give extra slack. Like yours, I couldn't have plugged it in at all without removing that. Afterwards, I could barely plug it in and it was very tight.

Where exactly did you cut your tape to get a little extra slack? I did not cut my tape, but then, when my car was apart I could not see where cutting the tape would increase the slack.
Going by memory, it was about 8" up from the connector, there was another connector that went off from the bundle (I forget what it went to). Cutting just an inch of that wrapping allowed just a slight bit more slack. I can at least wiggle the wires a little now vs before they were very tight. It would still be nice to get just a little more slack.

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
Yes you can use factory plumbing. The Install is easy and the girl shutters and some small ducting is all that's removed!
I'd like to see some pictures of that item, even though some of us seem to prefer the girl delete :D

By the way, great part, that FMIC of yours !

Sponsored

Mbsk01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
Got mine installed today.
Very nice unit with about as simple an install as can be expected.

OP
OP
JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang
Intercoolers will be back in stock tomorrow, if anyone wants one please email us at
[email protected]

Thanks,

Mark

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
Here's a link to install video:

There's neither a girl nor a girl shutter in it :(

Sorry couldn't resist making th,at joke. The product is awesome, just mentioned it to some of the ecoboost enthusiasts over here.
I'd surely buy one if I had an Ecoboost ! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang
Intercoolers and charge pipes are in stock and shipping, if interested in purchasing please email us at

[email protected]
Sponsored