Sponsored

Ambient Thermal Management Intercooler Data and Info Thread

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Well its now been over 8 wks since I left a deposit any update on a shipping date ? thanks could use a heads up for planning purposes.

Maybe check the actual GN thread:shrug:
Sponsored

93tcobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost mustang
I can handle the delay, but what fires me up is the lack of communication! I should not have to go searching the forum for updates. they did take my email address I assumed that was for a point of contact.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang
I can handle the delay, but what fires me up is the lack of communication! I should not have to go searching the forum for updates. they did take my email address I assumed that was for a point of contact.
When we are dealing with a group buy the logical place to reach everyone is posting updates in the group buy thread, check your settings for the forum so you get notified when someone posts to the thread. In other forums where we have had 20-100 people involved in a group buy we have taken this as the most cut and dry way to communicate. We can also be reached via email at
[email protected]
And also on Facebook if you are on there.

Sorry for the confusion,

Mark

steven1955

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
EB competition orange convertible
I had some issues installing my ATM intercooler on my 2016 EB convertible with PP. I thought there were some pictures or even an installation video, but for the life of me I can't find them. (My eyes are getting blurry from searching.) Can someone point me in the right direction

It's in there and working, but there are some fitment issues I don't like. (And they are probably my fault.)

1. There is a lot of tension on the cable to the TIP sensor. This is after undoing some of the wiring harness clips to create more slack.
2. I was not able to re install the black cross piece that mounts with four 8mm bolts to the front of what are now the intercooler supports.

It almost seems like there should be some spacers under the intercooler mounting ears.

I'll post pictures later if installation videos and/or pictures aren't to be found.

Last edited:

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I had some issues installing my ATM intercooler on my 2016 EB convertible with PP. I thought there were some pictures or even an installation video, but for the life of me I can't find them. (My eyes are getting blurry from searching.) Can someone point me in the right direction

It's in there and working, but there are some fitment issues I don't like. (And they are probably my fault.)

1. There is a lot of tension on the cable to the MAP sensor. This is after undoing some of the wiring harness clips to create more slack.
2. I was not able to re install the black cross piece that mounts with four 8mm bolts to the front of what are now the intercooler supports.

It almost seems like there should be some spacers under the intercooler mounting ears.

I'll post pictures later if installation videos and/or pictures aren't to be found.
1. Removing the push pins and relieving some of the friction tape is key to getting the sensor harness to reach without strain. Cars may vary as to hear far down the harness is taped.

2. you don't need the black piece, the intercooler replaces the structural nature of that bar when bolted to the subframe.

3. Spacers under the intercooler mounting tabs would make the fitment off. Ensure the tabs are fully bolted down before attempting to connect the charge pipe.

My motor is lowered 3/4" thus making things a little off but nonetheless it is a pretty straight forward install IMO.

Go enjoy this great piece of art:cheers:

BTW- I ran the snot out of my car at the drag strip today with ambients in the high 70's and sun beating down on the car. Charge temps rarely exceeded 90* and would hold in the mid 80's all the way down the track. Considering how wound up my stock turbo is, this thing works like nothing else. I was finally able to get the inlet side tank to become warm to the touch after hot-lapping the car. The core remained colder than everything around it, actually cold to the touch.

This thing is the kitties titties!:first:

Had the track not been freshly shot blasted and a 20-30mph headwind been blowing up the track today could have been a special day...

steven1955

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2. you don't need the black piece, the intercooler replaces the structural nature of that bar when bolted to the subframe.
I agree that it looks like the intercooler's structure could replace the black bar, but in page 3 of this thread post #41 JersyDevil posted the following pic where it looks like the black piece is installed. We need a better picture closer up to be sure.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I agree that it looks like the intercooler's structure could replace the black bar, but in page 3 of this thread post #41 JersyDevil posted the following pic where it looks like the black piece is installed. We need a better picture closer up to be sure.

Which bar are we talking about? The one underneath? Or the structure bar that is painted the body color of the car?

Sponsored
OP
OP
JerseyDevil

JerseyDevil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Ecoboost Mustang

Heres the link to install video:

There is no need to reinstall the little cross brace as the intercooler serves the function of that bar as it ties together both chassis rails.

steven1955

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Which bar are we talking about? The one underneath? Or the structure bar that is painted the body color of the car?
In the picture it's the black bar under the intercooler that is held on with four 8 mm bolts.

Thanks for the link to the installation JersyDevil. I'm pretty sure I found your video once before, but yesterday I couldn't find anything except how to remove the bumper.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
I have the same problem with the strain on the cable to the map sensor and I removed the clip too. I hadn't heard removing tape would relieve that, I'll have to try that out. I also didn't see a need to reinstall that bar. I've had mine installed for a while now and absolutely love it!

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
There's no need to reinstall that black bar. The intercooler provides the necessary bracing and support with it being removed. I had to remove mine and it's been just fine.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

steven1955

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
There is no need to reinstall the little cross brace as the intercooler serves the function of that bar as it ties together both chassis rails.
The video was of great help.

The reason I assumed that the black bar was re-installed in the photo was that the four 8mm bolts were installed. I could see the bolts but the rest of the picture below the intercooler was so dark I couldn't actually see if the bracket was there or not.

I did remove the two TIP (not MAP) sensor harness retainers and I still couldn't get enough slack to make me comfortable.

**** Anyone know where to buy a short TIP sensor extension cable? ****

I also neglected to remove or trim the intercooler baffles, and I didn't remove the rubber sheet hanging from the back of the bumper. I was thinking I'd have to remove the front bodywork again to clean up my installation. Now I know I have to.

I do have an issue with the push clips or pins that attach the fender skirts. They no longer reliably stay in place. I suspect that I stretched the holes they fit in to despite pulling out their center pin things.

**** Anyone have an alternative fastener to replace the fender skirt push pins? ****
Sponsored

Last edited: