Sponsored

Am I making the right decision?

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Give me some feedback peeps

Got my paperwork done on my 17 Raptor yesterday, and made a possibly crazy decision. Decided to trade G0075 in on it.

Specifics:
Tech Pack
Around 4000 miles
Got 51K for it
They're getting me an 18 to replace it with

Good decision or not? Kind of having withdrawals right now...
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track

Got my paperwork done on my 17 Raptor yesterday, and made a possibly crazy decision. Decided to trade G0075 in on it.

Specifics:
Tech Pack
Around 4000 miles
Got 51K for it

Not if there is no 2018 gt350

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Specifics:
Tech Pack
Around 4000 miles
Got 51K for it
I think it'll be a good decision.
You'll have a brand new Raptor to daily drive with and then you'll have the '18 GT350. I'm assuming Ford will have all the bugs worked out by then on the GT350 cars!
What color Raptor by the way?! Good luck! :thumbsup:

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Good decision if you like losing money. :) If you can afford a 17 Raptor and a 18 GT350, it probably isn't a concern.

At the end of the day, do what makes you happy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I think it'll be a good decision.
You'll have a brand new Raptor to daily drive with and then you'll have the '18 GT350. I'm assuming Ford will have all the bugs worked out by then on the GT350 cars!
What color Raptor by the way?! Good luck! :thumbsup:
Shadow Black

My car was problem free with the exception of trans limp mode and never had a problem on the street like some others unfortunately had.

Main thing I was after was adding that trans cooler, but dang I love this car

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Only you can answer this question. I personally wouldn't do it. My 16 tech pack has a few thousand miles now and have yet to see above 199 trans temp driving up to an hour at a time. I don't plan to ever put it on a track, so in no rush to put a cooler on it now.

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase

Specifics:
Tech Pack
Around 4000 miles
Got 51K for it

I don't think you're crazy. Due to a potential voluntary relocation to a state where it wouldn't makes sense to have a R just to drive 3-4 months out of the year, I've considered a similar trade myself recently. More likely, I'll just sell it private party though and pick up a Raptor. Like you, I love, love, love the GT350R but a truck makes much more sense to me in the future.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Was it an impulse or have you really been thinking about it for a while? If not I'd sleep on it for a few days then revisit. But by then sense the dealer is probably salivating at the opportunity to make some quick cash on your trade they probably won't let you out of the deal anyway so it's irrelevant.

Once the car is gone you'll regret it. But hey you'll have one of the most controversial trucks ever made! Love it or hate it she's yours :shrug: I have the opportunity to add a shadow black one to my fleet as well as the GT350 but I'm pretty damn sure I'm going to pass on it...

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
[MENTION=7192]garagelogic[/MENTION] you know if yours was black I might buy it

Sponsored
OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Was it an impulse or have you really been thinking about it for a while? If not I'd sleep on it for a few days then revisit. But by then sense the dealer is probably salivating at the opportunity to make some quick cash on your trade they probably won't let you out of the deal anyway so it's irrelevant.

Once the car is gone you'll regret it. But hey you'll have one of the most controversial trucks ever made! Love it or hate it she's yours :shrug: I have the opportunity to add a shadow black one to my fleet as well as the GT350 but I'm pretty damn sure I'm going to pass on it...
Nah. I've been thinking on it for a good while. Going back and forth. What finally made my decision was two things.

1. 18s were confirmed
2. Dealers are 100% starting to understand the market and do see a difference with tech packs. I'm just bummed I didn't sell six months ago. I could've made $1000 bucks on it. Same car on an Instacash offer was $10K more a year ago. 57K vs 47K

As far as the Raptor. I had a 13 that I did sell about 6 months ago for just over $2000 under what I paid for it. If I had waited on selling that, I would have sold it for far less. The market absolutely dropped in the last couple of months, unless youre selling a well modded one. I'm assuming as far as controversy, you're referring to the V6 vs V8 argument. I know a few that have taken delivery of their trucks and they all had previous gen Raptors. Every single one of them emphatically states it's a better truck. Some like the sound and others don't, but I think the aftermarket will help get a little more turbo sound out of it. Yeah it's a V6 and will never sound like a V8, but that's not a bad thing

Last edited:

Next Phase

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mopar
I don't see the issue... You are going to replace the GT350 you had with an 18....and getting a Raptor.

If you are okay with the decision financially, don't see the issue.

OP
OP
_M_

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
I don't see the issue... You are going to replace the GT350 you had with an 18....and getting a Raptor.

If you are okay with the decision financially, don't see the issue.
Yeah. It's not really a finance question. I don't know what the question is. Just feeling melancholy about the car I guess :cool:

I don't think I could sell the car personally for much more, at least not enough to make up for the tax difference.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
used gt350s are on cars.com across the country starting at 53k all the time with similar miles...so trade at 51 ain't bad at all.

Reactions: _M_

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
If you have the money, and they are going to in-writing give you their 18 allocation for an appropriate price (not some 20K markup BS), then hell yeah I'd go for it.
Sponsored

Reactions: _M_