Sponsored

Am I just crazy? (question regarding brakes)

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys. So long story short I just had the clutch master cylinder replaced about a week ago due to a clicking noise it was making and now I swear braking is off/odd, especially the point at which my brake lights come on. I first noticed this while I was driving on the highway with cruise control. As far as i can recall, before the fix I would barely have to touch the brake pedal and CC would disengage. Well coming off the highway today I noticed that it took a bit of brake pedal travel before that CC disengaged. Then I thought that if that's the case my brake lights would also be delayed. Sure enough once I parked I pushed on the brakes and it's almost 1/4 way of travel before they came on. The car still feels like it brakes fine. Am I just paranoid since that master cylinder was replaced or does it sound like an issue?:shrug:
Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Perhaps there is still some air in the lines, do the brakes themselves feel softer? I barely tap mine and cc turns off.

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps there is still some air in the lines, do the brakes themselves feel softer? I barely tap mine and cc turns off.
They don't if anything I'd say it's more firm.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Could it be some switch that is out of adjustment?

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Could it be some switch that is out of adjustment?
I was going to comment about a brake pressure sensor either out of adjustment or out of place. Either way, definitely get that looked at.

If speed kills then brakes give life

Sponsored

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to comment about a brake pressure sensor either out of adjustment or out of place. Either way, definitely get that looked at.

If speed kills then brakes give life
Just went out to the parking garage and I can pretty much stop the car with light brake pressure without the lights coming on whatsoever :eyebulge:. Definitely an issue. Guess the car has to go back. Hopefully not for 3 days this time.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Just went out to the parking garage and I can pretty much stop the car with light brake pressure without the lights coming on whatsoever :eyebulge:. Definitely an issue. Guess the car has to go back. Hopefully not for 3 days this time.
Wow! Yeah bud, have it looked at. Keep us posted too.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
It is the sensor behind the bake pedal. You have to unplug it and adjust spring and than put it back on.

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It is the sensor behind the bake pedal. You have to unplug it and adjust spring and than put it back on.
Behind or in front of the brake? Closer to the steering column I see a blue sensor but I don't want to fuck with it. I'll just let the tech at Ford mess with it since they are the ones who messed it up.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Behind or in front of the brake? Closer to the steering column I see a blue sensor but I don't want to fuck with it. I'll just let the tech at Ford mess with it since they are the ones who messed it up.
If you can confirm where the switch is, it might be a good idea to fix it yourself. You know the techs there make mistakes. It makes sense to let them do things that you can't do or requires new parts but not to waste time taking it in, risking something else being messed up or getting your interior dirty or having your car backed into or driven into something by a dealer employee. It may be low risk, or not, but how many times have you bumped into other cars or got your interior greasy or abused it?

Sponsored
OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So this after laying down and doing some light investigating I twisted the switch out of place and unplugged it. Doesn't look like it's adjustable in any way. Hopefully popping it in and out and replugging it has reset it in some way. That or the switch may be bust.
w01331897524mtr.jpg

NowhereFast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Prem. PP, 1999 WS6,2010 Expedition
From my experience working on GM shit boxes, I'd say the switch has to be calibrated, if not replaced.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Yes sorry it is front of the pedal. You need to adjust the black plastic spring clip. Play with it little bit and you will eventually find out how it works. Sorry but can't really explain how it works.
20161112_220341.jpg

OP
OP
B0SS603

B0SS603

@dib_5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacques
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yes sorry it is front of the pedal. You need to adjust the black plastic spring clip. Play with it little bit and you will eventually find out how it works. Sorry but can't really explain how it works.
Thank you man :thumbsup:. Took it out last night and messed with the switch a bit. Not sure if I made any real adjustments but once I popped it back in it was like new. Working perfectly now.

Lime1GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
To change the clutch master cylinder I believe you have to remove the pedal(s) assembly, at least I had to on my S197. There's 2 switches that would have been removed before uninstalling the brake pedals.
Sponsored