Sponsored

All available IRS updates, lets list them

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So I think I'm going to be doing some IRS mods this winter, but am having a hard time sifting through everything.

I'd like to start with gathering a list of what CAN be updated.

1. Cradle bushings
2. Differential bushings
3. Vertical links
4. Toe link to knuckle bushing - this is in the knuckle where the toe link mounts to it (am I right that the stock Performance Package has the upgraded FP bearing already in place on the factory toe link on the adjustment side?)
5. Camber links - Are there bushings available for the stock piece? or only the "camber correcting" arms?
6. Lower control arm bushings to connect the LCA to knuckle - my question here is that there are 3 bushings, 2 mounting to the cradle, and 1 connecting to the knuckle. The only ones available are the LCA to knuckle correct?

Once I get this knowledge squared away I can build my mod path. Thanks!!!
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
So I think I'm going to be doing some IRS mods this winter, but am having a hard time sifting through everything.

I'd like to start with gathering a list of what CAN be updated.

1. Cradle bushings
2. Differential bushings
3. Vertical links
4. Toe link to knuckle bushing - this is in the knuckle where the toe link mounts to it (am I right that the stock Performance Package has the upgraded FP bearing already in place on the factory toe link on the adjustment side?)
5. Camber links - Are there bushings available for the stock piece? or only the "camber correcting" arms?
6. Lower control arm bushings to connect the LCA to knuckle - my question here is that there are 3 bushings, 2 mounting to the cradle, and 1 connecting to the knuckle. The only ones available are the LCA to knuckle correct?

Once I get this knowledge squared away I can build my mod path. Thanks!!!
You can change the whole thing, by Watson!

Yes, the adjustment side of the stock toe link has the bearing...press out and put on the knuckle if desired. Make sure to get another toe link.

On the UCA, FTBR has the entire thing, or upgrade bearings. Check out their website, they got plenty of IRS parts, too much to list here: http://fulltiltboogieracing.com/2015_S550_Suspension_Parts_and_Tools.htm

There's also the steeda UCA for easier adjustments instead of the sliders/slots. If you got the cash, it makes alignment a breeze.

You're missing sway and endlinks. With the cradle bushings, you will not need them (me thinks) but there's always, cb005 arm to delete the "black plate". Apart from spring/dampers, I think that's all you can change, short to going Watson.

You can go Watson on the front too...

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You can change very nearly everything except the cradle (black metal) and lower control arm. The very first modification should be, IMHO, the LCA bearing. Do that first, you may not feel the need for all the other things available.

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So it sounds like my list is correct.

1. Cradle bushings
2. Differential bushings
3. Vertical links
4. Toe link to knuckle bushing - this is in the knuckle where the toe link mounts to it (am I right that the stock Performance Package has the upgraded FP bearing already in place on the factory toe link on the adjustment side?) YES - buy bushings only and press into the toe link to knuckle, or buy whole PP toe links and press out FP bushing and into toe link to knuckle.
5. Camber links - Are there bushings available for the stock piece? or only the "camber correcting" arms? YES - Full Tilt Boogie offers the bushings separate or installed in new arms, Steeda offers the arms as adjustable units, and BMR sells the arms as correcting units for lowered cars.
6. Lower control arm bushings to connect the LCA to knuckle - my question here is that there are 3 bushings, 2 mounting to the cradle, and 1 connecting to the knuckle. The only ones available are the LCA to knuckle correct? YES - Haven't been able to find the "inner" 2 bushings as an option.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
The PP toe link itself is the same thing that is on every Mustang. And from the number of Mustangs I've been under, it didn't matter if it was a PP or not, it had the same bearing.

I do not, personally, feel comfortable pressing out a bearing and then re-pressing it into another location. I know they are not technically one-time use, but... you do wear off material some when you press a bearing into its home, then out again, then in elsewhere.

I just bought the toe link bearing from FRPP and install it when I did my LCA bearing. Was as easy as installing a bearing on a horizontal plane with a universal ball joint press can be (frustrating but possible).

Regarding #6, there are not three bushings on the LCA. The LCA BEARING Steeda sells replaces the front inner bushing. The other inner "bushing" you're mentioning is already a bearing.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The PP toe link itself is the same thing that is on every Mustang. And from the number of Mustangs I've been under, it didn't matter if it was a PP or not, it had the same bearing.

I do not, personally, feel comfortable pressing out a bearing and then re-pressing it into another location. I know they are not technically one-time use, but... you do wear off material some when you press a bearing into its home, then out again, then in elsewhere.

I just bought the toe link bearing from FRPP and install it when I did my LCA bearing. Was as easy as installing a bearing on a horizontal plane with a universal ball joint press can be (frustrating but possible).

Regarding #6, there are not three bushings on the LCA. The LCA BEARING Steeda sells replaces the front inner bushing. The other inner "bushing" you're mentioning is already a bearing.
Yeah, all GT models, regardless of PP or not, have the toe link with the inside bearing, as do the EB PP cars.

EricSMG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/PP, 2004 BMW M3 Coupe
Yeah, all GT models, regardless of PP or not, have the toe link with the inside bearing, as do the EB PP cars.
And so the GTPP cars differ from the rest in that their toe link outer bearing is actually a bearing?

In other words, all GTs share the same toe link with inner bearing. Only the GTPP has the outer bearing as well? So, there's nothing to upgrade on a GTPP in terms of toe link bearings?

OP
OP

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
No, toe link itself has only 1 bearing on the inside, and a fork on outside. The fork mounts to the knuckle and the bearing there is the one that gets replaced. It gets replaced with the same bearing used on the inside of the toe link. Bearings separate are same price as full toe links with bearings.
Sponsored