CO5OTE

CO5OTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Will do, I'll check it out when I get to it. The car has been there about an hour now, still no word, but I'm hopeful. I know a lot of Porsche, BMW and Lambo guys who have taken their stuff to this guy, so he should know what he's doing. I did notice when installing the alignment pins that things didn't line up the way I thought it would. I was very careful dropping the cradle to do this and the subframe alignment kit. I did have to use a little force to make things line up properly. At least once it's aligned it will be right now.
Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Your worrying about nothing. Everything you listed is basic, and I don't know a single tech that would rather have factory parts over an adjustable part. Even if they are Steeda... :wink:

OP
OP
CO5OTE

CO5OTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I appreciate the reassurance. Haha! I got into Steeda because a car buddy of mine and I were talking one day and I mentioned Steeda. He said oh, well, you know I married Chris Cervenka to his wife. Holy hell! Small world! Chris was very helpful to me and when he left, everyone else was also stellar with their knowledge and patience. Great company to work with for sure.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Your car will be aligned fine-toe being out even by half a degree will make it do crazy things when driving especially when hitting bumps etc.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Front camber -1.6 on both sides.
try 2.2-2.5 instead. Also I suspect you didn't set up the roll-center/bump-steer length correctly. My GT has pretty much every part you have and I did it all at once as well. It didn't drive well, but also wasn't evil. 5 miles away was a Road+Track BMW shop that also does track-bound Mustangs and they got everything sorted out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
CO5OTE

CO5OTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Just spoke with them, said it should be done shortly. I think they were having issues, but realized what to do. Leaving shortly to go get it. Update to come...

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z

juk15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
magnetic 2015 mustang gt
I just did rear camber and toe arms as well as end links and aj hartman s550 spring perches for 2.5" linear springs as well as bmr front camber caster plates and the steeda rear alignment kit. Took it for a drive after setting ride height and pulled right. I just did a rough string alignment in the garage and it drives straight as an arrow. Still going to a friend's shop to confirm or dial it in more. You can find the string alignment method on youtube. Aj Hartman has a video of him doing the measurements on his gt350. Either way it can be aligned.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I just did rear camber and toe arms as well as end links and aj hartman s550 spring perches for 2.5" linear springs as well as bmr front camber caster plates and the steeda rear alignment kit. Took it for a drive after setting ride height and pulled right. I just did a rough string alignment in the garage and it drives straight as an arrow. Still going to a friend's shop to confirm or dial it in more. You can find the string alignment method on youtube. Aj Hartman has a video of him doing the measurements on his gt350. Either way it can be aligned.
Most string alignments are far more accurate than the laser alignment which is subject to wind, among other things.

1711462520410-oc.png

1711462539532-ku.png

OP
OP
CO5OTE

CO5OTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
@1MeanZ Which kit do use on this website? I have contemplated trying something like this in past, just because I'm a bit of a tinkerer and can't leave well enough alone...haha!

Sponsored
OP
OP
CO5OTE

CO5OTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got the car back last evening and they nailed the alignment. Car is spot on now and handles like they should have from the factory. I did not do the bump steer kit, but I will eventually.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
@1MeanZ Which kit do use on this website? I have contemplated trying something like this in past, just because I'm a bit of a tinkerer and can't leave well enough alone...haha!
I'm using the Gen 4 pro kit with a few add-ons like the steering wheel holder etc. I've had it for a few years now and it's been excellent every time. I've done lots of string alignments as well, and I get similar results using this kit. My Mustang goes straight as an arrow, even over bumps. I can just let go of the wheel and it just goes straight.

Got the car back last evening and they nailed the alignment. Car is spot on now and handles like they should have from the factory. I did not do the bump steer kit, but I will eventually.
Curious to see what you think without bump steer correction. How much lower than stock are you? I'm probably 2 inches or so and I went with the bump steer kit and I'm glad I did. The hardest part was squating the front of the car to measure bump steer. I had sandbags and all kinds of stuff stacked up on the core support and front strut brace trying to get it to set down so I could measure it.

OP
OP
CO5OTE

CO5OTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The car holds a straight line pretty well. I'm lowered on Steeda Dual rate springs so it's about 1-1 1/4" Lower. It may settle out a touch more after some driving. I was told with my setup that I may not need bump-steer kit if I'm not tracking, which I'm not at the moment. I may go ahead and do it this summer to see if there is more improvement in the steering. Thanks for the link and info, I'm going to potentially purchase this when I do some more work on the car. Looks like it will pay for itself pretty quickly.

juk15gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
magnetic 2015 mustang gt
I use the pvc method, a tape measure and ruler. I also use a trig apk on my android. that is for toe and for camber i use a digital meter off amazon for $20. Total cost $60 max. Worked really good i must say. I thought about the Gen 5 because it is slick, but really $950 for a few pieces of aluminum? rather spend it on parts for the car.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I thought about the Gen 5 because it is slick, but really $950 for a few pieces of aluminum? rather spend it on parts for the car.
I know that is a lot of money, but if you look closely, all of the pieces are machined to be perfectly square. These aren't just pieces of extruded aluminum with holes drilled. I have the Gen 4 kit which was half that and it's been just fine.
Sponsored