it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Anyone here on ridetech's?

Mustang week might as well been called slammed mustang's week. After seeing them over and over of course naturally I got the fever.

I've seen Airlifts in person and their controller and all but I was at the ridetech booth looking at their setup at mustang week too.

Anyways... any reason that anyone knows to pick one over the other.

Both brands cost so much damn money anyways, it's not going to happen now but it's on the I want to do list.

I'm curious if I could even drop the rear with my 305/35/20's enough too.
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
You could slam the rear if you give yourself some camber. What we did with the Honey Badger when he was running the same wheels you had.

I would love to give you an honest opinion between the two but I havent messed with the Ridetech air system however, I'm running their coilovers and have been pretty damn amazed by the quality of those.

I'm comfortable with Airlift, for sure but I'm extremely curious on the Ridetech system. I dont know how their management system stacks up against Airlifts new H3/ P3 system as thats pretty damn on point.

I'm most certain you'll be happy with both though.

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yeah if I end up going coils instead it's definitely going to be ridetech...but I just really like the idea of lifting the front up to get any where.

I just wished the price increase on air never happened though!

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
Our Shockwave struts in the front use the exact same Fox internals as the coilovers do so the ride quality/handling is almost identical. The only real difference is the easy height adjustability with the air suspension. On the rear, we use the double convoluted air springs due to space restrictions. We put an air kit on a stage 3 Roush in the shop not too long ago, it came out really nice!

The Ridepro system has been tried and true for us for several years, we keep updating the software and creating more options as time goes on. It's an extremely user friendly setup with it's 3 presets, individual corner adjustments, the ability to troubleshoot any issues with the system (including where to check for leaks), and a nice back-lit display that shows the corner pressures.

If you guys have any questions, feel free to get with me or post them up on here!

Thanks,

Josh

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
yeah the front strut design is a lot different between the two brands so that's why I was curious the most on the actual feel and performance differences between the kits.

[MENTION=16613]RidetechJosh[/MENTION] do you have any pics or videos on that rs3 with your kit? thanks!

ridetech

airlift

mustang-air-suspension-15-16_74bf050f.jpg

Sponsored

Terminated

GTFO_0009
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
Bagged & Boosted 50th Anniversary
305s should tuck. You might not be able to air out completely, but they'll still tuck quite a bit.
I'm running 295/30 - 315/35/20 combo and they tuck way more than I ever expected. No rub with normal ride height or anything else.

I do have wider front fenders, so 295 might be a bit aggressive up front for OE, but a 275 shouldn't be an issue. The make of the tire comes into a play a bit, too.

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does the RideTech have camber plates on the front ?

I see Airlift has them.

I have been contemplating getting on Air as well...Like you, the more I see them the more I want to get it.. LOL

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
305s should tuck. You might not be able to air out completely, but they'll still tuck quite a bit.
I'm running 295/30 - 315/35/20 combo and they tuck way more than I ever expected. No rub with normal ride height or anything else.

I do have wider front fenders, so 295 might be a bit aggressive up front for OE, but a 275 shouldn't be an issue. The make of the tire comes into a play a bit, too.
well if you're running 315/35/20 on the back with no issue than you're probably definitely wider than my 305/35/20 mickey thompsons. i really won't want to put camber in the rear giving it that squat look...they lean in just perfect where they are at now.

I see Airlift has them.

I have been contemplating getting on Air as well...Like you, the more I see them the more I want to get it.. LOL
i think so but can't see the top plate to see if they adjust like the airlift's.

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yeah the front strut design is a lot different between the two brands so that's why I was curious the most on the actual feel and performance differences between the kits.

[MENTION=16613]RidetechJosh[/MENTION] do you have any pics or videos on that rs3 with your kit? thanks!
Absolutely! :cheers:

4tK65wk.jpg

QDDSKSa.jpg

Yes sir. The caster is adjusted by using the slotted holes on the upper strut mount. The camber is adjusted on the lower portion of the strut with the eccentric bolt.

Sponsored

NickGoBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Oxford White 5.0
I've had Airlift on both of my S550's and have loved it. Never once had a single issue and airlift has top notch customer service. They helped a friend of mine out on a part that was outside the warranty when they didn't even have too.

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When the company started as Air Ride Technologies, the main goal was to create a kit that would allow the car to ride really smooth and have a low stance. Over the years, our owner (and several employees....) became addicted to autocross so the kits started becoming more performance oriented. With the technology available these days, the kits are extremely dialed in.

We use Fox Racing monotube shocks and struts in all of our kits which have a lifetime warranty and perform very well! The car can be tuned in more for the track or for a soft street setting with the rebound dampening knob, whatever preference of the driver is. A triple adjustable setup is also available for the guys who plan on doing more of the high performance driving events with their cars.

With our kit, all I need to know is what your goals are for the car and I can help get the car to that point! :cheers:

OP
OP
Khyber

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
[MENTION=16613]RidetechJosh[/MENTION] imgur has 6g blacklisted so your pics are broke.