Sponsored

Airlift Performance Help

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
So, i've had the Airlift 3P system on my car for a couple of months now, and am trying to fix a horrible bounce i'm getting.

I started with the dampers and air pressures at what is recommended in the manual (55/75 psi front/rear and dampers set to 15 clicks), and honestly, found it quite stiff and harsh. I then tried lowering the front and rear air pressures by 5 psi, and adjusting the shocks to 25 clicks (5 clicks from full soft). I found this to be quite comfortable and really nice on highway driving, but have found i get this horrible oscillation/high frequency bounce at low speeds (20-30 mph) on back roads. Not bad roads, the road surface is pretty decent and smooth, but the car just bounces. I tried raising the dampers back to 15 clicks and it still does it. Then i tried going to 10 clicks and it still does it, and the ride is really harsh, so not prepared to go any stiffer. I've also tried raising the air pressure to 5 psi above the recommended and it still does it.
Has anyone else experienced this with the Airlift Performance kit? I can only deduce that the shocks they use just don't match with the pressures in the bags are supposed to run at, or that the dampers themselves are rubbish. They're supposedly from BC Racing, which i know are not the best, but there not rubbish either.

I used to run the KW V3's and never had this problem. There were amazing! I didn't want to swap them out, but i had no choice as i moved house and need the height adjustment to be able to get in and out of my driveway.

Any ideas?
Sponsored

OP
OP
DB83

DB83

Granny Shifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Bueller.......bueller?