Aftermarket seat brackets?

Baconmotorsport

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
Ram 4500
Has anyone added aftermarket seats? Recaro, sparco, etc... proper race seat. I do not see any seat brackets that look any good. What do you guys like?
Sponsored

DJ_gametime1

DJ_Gametime1
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT. Few performance mods
brackets

Whats up bro. Check out BRAUM seats. I have the elite X's with a universal bracket. Fits great.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Planted makes a model specific seat bracket, Corbeau makes a base bracket for bottom mount seats that is S550 specific.

I've seen OMP and Sparcos mounted up nicely with the Planted brackets. I used Corbeau brackets in my 15, would probably go with Planted this time around.

Unless it's welded in like the Watson mount I wouldn't trust universal or off-brand seats/mounts.

DJ_gametime1

DJ_Gametime1
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DJ
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT. Few performance mods
Yes thats the name of mine. Planted

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Planted brackets work with multiple seat brands and are well made, but don't lower the seat much.
If that is an issue for you.

I have heard that an off the shelf Corbeu seat & bracket can give you an easy 2" of additional head/helmet room.

I've had Wedge Engineering brackets before, and the Planted brackets are much stronger and better made. The Wedge Engineering brackets were lower, but they were for a different car (WRX), so probably not a good comparison.

Sponsored

Lee@BKauto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bkauto.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Performance Package Mustang GT
Has anyone added aftermarket seats? Recaro, sparco, etc... proper race seat. I do not see any seat brackets that look any good. What do you guys like?
I maybe bias, but here is the mount that we make. Includes mount points for 5- to 6- point harness and works along with the stock seat belt (sub strap mount is sold separately). All are pull tested to DOT & SAE standards. They get the seat as low as it can possibly go with or without sliders.

Zerobar78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT, PP
I maybe bias, but here is the mount that we make. Includes mount points for 5- to 6- point harness and works along with the stock seat belt (sub strap mount is sold separately). All are pull tested to DOT & SAE standards. They get the seat as low as it can possibly go with or without sliders.

Are these compatible with factory Recaro seats? I like my seats but would love to have them mounted lower being 6'2" and all torso.
Sponsored