Aftermarket Coolers

OP
OP

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Lets keep this thread to finding me an aftermarket or OEM solution!

Screamer might have the straight goods here! Deliver us some part numbers brother!
Sponsored

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Given your location, I'm surprised it is happening during normal driving. I've only got a little over 1000 miles on my car, but I've hit it very hard when the temp was in the high 80s and high humidity with no issues.
You've never been to BC, have you?

Don't assume "Canada=cold." Especially during summer.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Nobody want's to sue Ford. We are patiently waiting to see what they'll do to assist Base and Tech owners. If no action is taken then some of us will take action accordingly. I was joking about the class action lawsuit, but wouldn't be surprised if some owners felt the need to do so. I might support them as a Tech owner.

If Ford was smart they'd offer Base and Tech pack owners a solution at cost or maybe even free. The value of any damage to the Ford Performance brand is worth more than the cost of a cooling solution to Ford.
I get the frustration, I would think that Ford will resolve this not kick everyone to the curb. Only time will tell. I hope I did not offend you.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
You've never been to BC, have you?

Don't assume "Canada=cold." Especially during summer.
I actually have and parts can be similar to MNs hot and humid summers. But, still nothing like some of our Texas (and other southern) members deal with on a regular basis.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
I am entitled to an opinion, I dislike our country being so sue happy. Obvisouly I don't know your driving habits, my post was based on one comment made by someone else.

While I agree that there might be an issue with your particular car and a small percentage with others I do not believe that suing ford is the answer.
You are entitled to your opinion. It just so happens that it's stupid.

You buy a product that doesn't work as advertised, and if manufacturer doesn't address the issue, you seek legal action. Otherwise you've wasted your money and the company can go on misleading consumers.

FYI: I would have happily engaged in conversation without name calling had you not bothered to insult fellow posters here (who are dealing with this issue first hand) first. Cheers.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Nobody want's to sue Ford. We are patiently waiting to see what they'll do to assist Base and Tech owners. If no action is taken then some of us will take action accordingly. I was joking about the class action lawsuit, but wouldn't be surprised if some owners felt the need to do so. I might support them as a Tech owner. Ford has admitted their mistake with the 2017 packaging. Technically (no pun intended) the Tech Pack was the most popular configuration. If they feel so strongly transmission and differential coolers aren't needed why did they get rid of the most popular package without them? Normally you don't get rid of your most popular option!

If Ford was smart they'd offer Base and Tech pack owners a solution at cost or maybe even free. The value of any damage to the Ford Performance brand is worth more than the cost of a cooling solution to Ford.
There is no way Ford is going to provide a solution for free. It appears right now if there even is a Ford solution, it will most likely vary between expensive and get the Vaseline to do you know what to your posterior expensive.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
I actually have and parts can be similar to MNs hot and humid summers. But, still nothing like some of our Texas (and other southern) members deal with on a regular basis.
It gets to 40 C in multiple parts of BC in the summer. I should know. I just drove through a few of them last week in my car, and I wailed on it. Car didn't blink.

Pretty hot for a place far north of Texas.

Back on topic: I hope all base/tech owners get this problem fixed without it hitting their wallets. Track use is one thing, but limp mode with street driving should simply never occur.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
It gets to 40 C in multiple parts of BC in the summer.

Pretty hot for a place far north of Texas.
So, it can get that hot here to. The thing is, it's not that often for either of us. Parts of Texas and the south that is routine. Big difference.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
There is no way Ford is going to provide a solution for free. It appears right now if there even is a Ford solution, it will most likely vary between expensive and get the Vaseline to do you know what to your posterior expensive.
They would be smart to offer it for free. Here is why:

1) Good publicity - They owned up to a terrible packaging mistake (really would love to know the story behind this) and commitment to offering their customers the best product
2) They protect the Ford Performance Brand - Damage to a brand's reputation has a huge financial impact.
3) Customer Good Will - Keeping the faithful and community happy

Now if I was Ford I would make this an option, but not required offering. Leaving it up to the owner to take advantage of the solution. It doesn't even have to be as good as the Track or R solution. Just something to get us through a HPDE session on a warm day.

Right now if I was Ford Performance I'd be looking at number three on this Google search with a sick stomach.
snip_20160707221032.jpg

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
So, it can get that hot here to. The thing is, it's not that often for either of us. Parts of Texas and the south that is routine. Big difference.
Dude, you were the one who made the assumption limp mode wouldn't likely happen here based on location.

Now ya know.

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
They would be smart to offer it for free. Here is why:

1) Good publicity - They owned up to a terrible packaging mistake (really would love to know the story behind this) and commitment to offering their customers the best product
2) They protect the Ford Performance Brand - Damage to a brand's reputation has a huge financial impact.
3) Customer Good Will - Keeping the faithful and community happy

Now if I was Ford I would make this an option, but not required offering. Leaving it up to the owner to take advantage of the solution. It doesn't even have to be as good as the Track or R solution. Just something to get us through a HPDE session on a warm day.
I don't neccasarily disagree and it might be smart. But there is no way it is happening unless a lawsuit is won. Even then it might not happen.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Dude, you were the one who made the assumption limp mode wouldn't likely happen here based on location.

Now ya know.
I made no assumptions and big deal, it gets that hot there for maybe a week. In the southern US, it's like that all summer and worse. Ever been there? I have. ;)

Last edited:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I don't neccasarily disagree and it might be smart. But there is no way it is happening unless a lawsuit is won. Even then it might not happen.
You're right! Usually only the lawyers get paid and we get next to nothing.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
You're right! Usually only the lawyers get paid and we get next to nothing.
The part that worries me with Ford, is that I've read a couple of members here that have done it successfuly themselves. The poster in this thread did it in a day after getting the parts.

So it obviously can be done and with the resources of Ford Performance........I don't see why it would take that long. There is something going on internally preventing them from doing it. Who knows what.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
The part that worries me with Ford, is that I've read a couple of members here that have done it successfuly themselves. The poster in this thread did it in a day after getting the parts.

So it obviously can be done and with the resources of Ford Performance........I don't see why it would take that long. There is something going on internally preventing them from doing it. Who knows what.
I understand they need to go through more extensive testing. What they should do is a blog about the development with monthly updates, pictures and videos. Sometimes transparency goes a long way in calming everyone down.
Sponsored

Last edited: