Sponsored

After 8 months and 22 days, I finally took delivery :)

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
Great pics and story--a beautiful car.

M-ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thor
Vehicle(s)
Soon: 2.3l Ecoboost Convertible
Congratulations!!! I will take delivery of my convertible tomorrow. Can't wait any longer (8 month and 10 days) and hope that it will be a very very fine day tomorrow! :D:clap2:

Mission2toilet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP/2017 GTI PP
Congratulations! !
You waited sooooo long, go out and enjoy~

Volver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT manual Red Race, Premium Pack
Congrats and keep it as long as possible, that is one of the last ones with normal, great engine without turbo nightmare...

Sponsored

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
Congrats and keep it as long as possible, that is one of the last ones with normal, great engine without turbo nightmare...
Very true; I see the 2.7l or 3.5l V6 Ecoboost motors eventually replacing the 5.0l. in the not to distant future.

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
First mod is on the car.

Some blue coil covers courtesy of AmericanMuscle:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-boss-coilcovers-blue-1112gt.html

Before:

After:

Very pleased with the look of the part. Incredibly easy job, literally took me three minutes to snap on and snap off. Now it actually looks like a Ford engine :D

Some more shots:

Congratz with your new toy !

Nice start in the MOD playfield... Sure a lot of other nice add ons will follow! Keep us updated!

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Thanks a lot!

Small thought today. I'm about 700km into my Mustang ownership experience and something is troubling me a little bit. I still smell quite a lot of burning when I get out of the car after driving it, a very unpleasant and strong smell of burning oil.

From what I've read in the forums, most people say this is supposed to have gone away in the first hundred miles or so, but mine's still around. I'm assuming this is the normal 'new car smell' and driving as normal.

Fuel consumption since I bought it is 9.8L/100km. Since last fillup it's 11.1l/100km. Probably looking to stabilize at or around 12, if I'm analyzing the numbers correctly.

So far, no problems to report! Driving in winter conditions is predictable and easy, snow mode genuinely works as do the winter tyres.

The backup camera gets grimy as heck during a winter drive though so don't expect to have the use of it when you're pulling up :D

Overall, still really happy with the car. It gets looks even in this begrudging country, still sounds wonderful, still ticks all the right boxes. I went a little sideways (on purpose) with a coworker on Friday and it is really easy to control with a slip. Lovely car.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Maybe the smell is misplaced underbody coating?

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Could very well be. We'll see what happens in the next few hundred km or so. But yeah, it's the only unpleasant thing about the car, you park up, turn the engine off, open the door and it's the worst smell you've ever felt coming from your brand new car...

Sponsored

Monticello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2015
Grattis, helt rätt färg

Skickat frĂĄn min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

OP
OP
Gryphon

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
First Line Lock is completed :D

The dealer told me the warranty absolutely covered it, so I let her rip the other day. As a result, I made a bit of a hole in the parking lot I used :D

IpzQb4Xh.jpg

Fuel economy since purchase now at 10.0L/100km, since last fillup at 11.2l/100km.
Sponsored