Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
  • Banned
Seems quite a few people here have experience with the Michelins, weather its Cup2's, PSS and PS4S.

Although my question is for a different car, has anyone tried mixing Pilot Super sport fronts and PS4S rears?

Right now there are no 285/30-19 PS4S, its available in PSS though. I'm currently running 295/30-19 PS4S front and experiencing rubbing when the car is too low.

Appreciate the help, or input from people who've done this before.
Sponsored

DocWalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
What are you rubbing on that narrower tires would help?

OP
OP
1mic

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
  • Banned
What are you rubbing on that narrower tires would help?
Sidewall, top of the tire, I cant help the off set of the rim, but I can decrease the width of the tire so the fender isnt scrubbing with the tire.
Right now I've increased ride height. But trying to get input from people running MPSS front and MPS4S rear.

chedder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2017 Raptor SC, 2016 custom crew cab
Don't mix different compound, or different sidewall flex tires front or rear. The car will not handle well.

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
Tires are round and black and hopefully hold air. You can run whatever will fit, and expect it to drive fine around town. Ultimate grip levels may differ, so the car may become pushy or oversteer more easily, but that’s about it. You will change the handling balance. It might be more fun, it might not.

Putting bias ply drag slicks on the rear would be an extreme example of how to destroy “handling,” but I wouldn’t overthink the rest of it. Personally I think two different types of tires just looks hokey. :cheers:

Edit: if you are so low that a 295/30 is rubbing and not due to incorrect wheel offset, your handling is already wrecked and you are just going for looks.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
As snap said it depends how hard you drive. if you are 7/10 it would not matter.
Sponsored