Sponsored

Add me to the list nobody wants to be on .....

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
Soooo the knock sensors are there for show huh ? Or do putting headers on a car disables them.. ? No you say ? So those failed to widow the block...hmm I guess the spark knock adding vibrations made the low oil light come on...I am sure if a tear down is done we will see the REAL cause. This is why the act is in place to stop dealers from screwing the customer. The reason why it happens is because most do not know about the car they are driving and just take the word of the dealer or forum jockies who know all...or pretends to.

Well I will not be one of the sheep that goes "oh darn I did a mod to help the car breath better, that was built to be a RACE CAR. oh my I guess I'll just take the dildo being shove up my ass and be bloody happy.. "
I’ll tell you what.
I was the first to have headers on a GT350. I prototyped the headers for ARH.
and in doing so I was the first to have a Lund tune on a voodoo with long tube headers.
Wanna know what problem number one was?
FALSE KNOCK.
Wanna know why?
From the sound of the vibrations going through the headers. Don’t believe me?
Ask John Lund Sr.
It took many dyno pulls and test to fine tune it. This was all done in the winter of 2015/16.

Nobody is disputing your failed engine. I’m only saying that ford knows you have a tune. You’re the one bitching and crying that they declined the warranty. You didn’t have concern of a warranty issue before the headers and tune were installed.
Pay to play dude.
Ford does not have to replace your engine under warranty. Why? Because you have a TUNE!
Why is this so hard for you to understand?

Ford is not under any law to replace engines under warranty that have been modified from stock.
I don’t care if you had a tune on a stock voodoo with stock exhaust.
It’s TUNED!
Warranty voided!
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Well when you change the headers and exhaust it’s possible that combo can cause some odd harmonic frequency that can resonate and destroy something. Resonance can be a bitch. I assume that’s why the stock headers had the big lump of metal on a welded steel rod. It’s a shunt to alter the resonance of the harmonics. I don’t think aftermarket ones have them, and if they do they are not the same weight of the OEM dampers. My point being, the motor and exhaust and their mounts are systems. Carefully designed and tested. Altering it has consequences.

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
The BALANCERS from my shorties, were put on my headers. All of the pieces for harmonics were transferred on. That's is why I went with Kooks,I had them. Also this not like I put these on over a weekend. The car had been running fine. I was doing 70 when it let go in 5th gear...so these are now this fragile ?

Dominator961

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R
It does not matter if they were put on or not. The knock sensor on this engine is more sensitive.
I am not blaming the headers or tune.
All I’m saying is the tune is voiding your warranty.

Did the headers cause the engine failure?
Nope
Did the tune cause the engine failure?
Probably not.

Can ford decline the warranty because of the tune?
Absolutely!

I put over 300 dyno miles on my car when I had my 16 track pack doing testing for Lund and ARH.

I now have a 18 R. I’ll do the same to this car.
I had no issues with my tune and headers.

But if my engine blows I know and realize that it’s up to me to make full repairs or engine replacement.
I take full responsibility for my choices.

You are not.

The BALANCERS from my shorties, were put on my headers. All of the pieces for harmonics were transferred on. That's is why I went with Kooks,I had them. Also this not like I put these on over a weekend. The car had been running fine. I was doing 70 when it let go in 5th gear...so these are now this fragile ?

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Well when you change the headers and exhaust it’s possible that combo can cause some odd harmonic frequency that can resonate and destroy something. Resonance can be a bitch. I assume that’s why the stock headers had the big lump of metal on a welded steel rod. It’s a shunt to alter the resonance of the harmonics. I don’t think aftermarket ones have them, and if they do they are not the same weight of the OEM dampers. My point being, the motor and exhaust and their mounts are systems. Carefully designed and tested. Altering it has consequences.
Cool it guys . I think we can disagree without the insults .
I am in the camp of “you play you expect pay “ but my ford tech always helps me out when he can .

I am interested in the theory of the dampers . I just found out I have 3 bent rods on my whipped GT 350/3.5 pulley/running almost exclusively C16 since I deleted the cats . My cat deletes did not have the dampers and I am wondering if my failure could be related ?
Well the cat deletes are coming off as soon my new motor from Ford arrives. .....J/k
Having my the short block in my “spare” motor built up. I suspect I will find cylinder wall damage as well so I expect to sleeve this one .

Sponsored

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Holy crap, did this go downhill fast!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I have not posted ALL on here. I basically posted what I was told this morning on the phone as a update. Yes I am venting because they want to hide behind oh you have headers.......They have not checked for a tune, they said I had a tune because of the off road XPipe. They literally said, the HEADERS CAUSED the hole. Not the tune. Then he turned around and said something different.
Sounds like the dealership is in the process of learning all kinds of things about your car.

I am simply updating my thread.I do believe its BS. I WILL talk to FORD on Monday. I have said it. Many times. Its all of you Oh I was this and I was that and they will not honor this because of that and this or that who are going on about this. I will take this up with Ford, I will fight, and if I lose, then I lose. Lesson learned. But I am simply not going to lay down and take it in the bloody ass because some service dude at the dealer said his manager did not want to do it, and some random people in a internet forum says there no chance.
You brought this "victimization" mentality to the forum. Not everybody feels your pain under your circumstances. Hence the responses.

Also I am not whining because the DEALER SAID NO. I have not talked to FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE. The DEALER said no. So I should just shut and sit down because the dealer said no ? I think not.
Fair enough. I really don't even care to wish you good luck on your situation. I don't think Ford deserves owners that expect zero accountability. I just don't believe it's right to get a factory redo after you tune, go full exhaust and window the block. Buying a car is not just an agreement between you and the bank to make payments on time. It's an agreement between you and Ford. Ford will honor the term of factory warranty and fix what needs to be fixed so long as you don't void the factory warranty. Doesn't that sound fair enough?

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Look I’m an engineer and it’s how I think. If you added the dampers from the OEM exhaust to the new headers, it’s not the same thing....not even close. The damper on the OEM header is designed and weighted for just that header. Adding it to an aftermarket exhaust is some oddball Frankenstein dampers thing thst I’m betting the header company did not test on a full rig with sensors to sniff out the harmonics. I’m not being a dick, just being a systems engineer. Resonance and harmonic can destroy almost anything...to the Silver Bridge in Wv to shaking buildings like Tesla did to destroying an engine block.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Look I’m an engineer and it’s how I think. If you added the dampers from the OEM exhaust to the new headers, it’s not the same thing....not even close. The damper on the OEM header is designed and weighted for just that header. Adding it to an aftermarket exhaust is some oddball Frankenstein dampers thing thst I’m betting the header company did not test on a full rig with sensors to sniff out the harmonics. I’m not being a dick, just being a systems engineer. Resonance and harmonic can destroy almost anything...to the Silver Bridge in Wv to shaking buildings like Tesla did to destroying an engine block.
Is it possible not having dampers on road pipes could cause bent rods ?

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
This sucks Ninjak. Sorry for your loss. Didn't you have a Lund tune? Unfortunately for you Ford will know. Even if all that was done was disable a warning parameter, ball is in their court.

Get a lawyer.

Good luck.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Ouch, you'll be another one who tuned and gets denied warranty work for a few more hp. I will never understand modding this car unless you're ok rebuilding the motor.
Second failed engine with warranty denied for a Lund tune. This one for E85 and the other for 93.
Fortunately for the other guy he did not Punch a hole in the block. He however accepted responsibility once he was told by Ford that the tune voided his warranty. He has a built Voodoo now with almost 30k invested.

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Even using Forscan to modify a single parameter will show up on Ford's computer as car having been modified. I love how people quote the Magnusson-Moss act and say how the dealership has to prove it. Honestly, all they have to do is come up with a reasonable excuse(whether it was the actual cause or not) and say because of ____, you blew your motor. In the end, it's up to you to do the leg work, possibly get a lawyer, and a lot of headache to get the situation resolved. Other than turning on the trans temp and removing resonators(which pretty much voids exhaust warranty), I don't dare touch the motor in any way. That's a $25k+ gamble I'm not willing to take.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Second failed engine with warranty denied for a Lund tune. This one for E85 and the other for 93.
Fortunately for the other guy he did not Punch a hole in the block. He however accepted responsibility once he was told by Ford that the tune voided his warranty. He has a built Voodoo now with almost 30k invested.
Not sure what the guy who spent $30K did but it does not cost more than $6K to rebuild the Voodoo short block even with sleeves.
Sponsored