Sponsored

Adaptive Cruise Control / Forward Collsion Warning ?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I've seen that requirement once or twice, last time might have been down on the waterfront in Plymouth, MA . . . and it's about as retarded as parking regulations get once anybody stops to realize that there are lots of SUVs and minivans in DD and commuter service these days.

May the head of your parking guys unit be forever sentenced to park between two vehicles that are taller, darker, and longer then whatever he drives.

Norm
Sponsored

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
I can see why they do it though.. Just today at lunch, someone at my office was blocking the lane for a full minute trying to back in. my coworker said "if you cant back in quickly, then you shouldn't do it at all" The average person can't even parallel park nowadays, backing in is rocket science.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
Try coming out forward from a parking space while being surrounded by two large SUVs! I can't see any cross traffic until my windshield clears the other vehicles. Cross-traffic Alert has saved me twice already from getting my rear end clipped by drivers who either didn't see me or weren't paying attention. If I had had backed into the parking space, my front end would definitely have been hit.

JRuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Try coming out forward from a parking space while being surrounded by two large SUVs! I can't see any cross traffic until my windshield clears the other vehicles. Cross-traffic Alert has saved me twice already from getting my rear end clipped by drivers who either didn't see me or weren't paying attention. If I had had backed into the parking space, my front end would definitely have been hit.
I totally agree. Cross traffic alert isn't just another gimmick.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I totally agree. Cross traffic alert isn't just another gimmick.
Given the popularity of large pickups, SUVs and vans/minivans I can absolutely agree with this . . . while cautioning against trusting it to completely replace one's own carefulness and/or active precautions taken to avoid the situation in the first place.

Norm

Sponsored

RUke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
I have both the ACC and CTA, love them both. This is my first vehicle to have ACC and I have the manual as well. As stated in an earlier post, the car will slow down when needed and can apply the brakes to realy slow down if some slow A$$ pulls out in front of you.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I have both the ACC and CTA, love them both. This is my first vehicle to have ACC and I have the manual as well. As stated in an earlier post, the car will slow down when needed and can apply the brakes to realy slow down if some slow A$$ pulls out in front of you.
The car [I think] I'll own in a few days has these options as well - I don' know that I would've sprung for 'em if I did a BYO, but the price is pretty outstanding on the car.

I was unaware until just the last couple of days, that the collision detection had that rear threat warning for situations like pulling out of a parking spot, pretty cool.

It looks like I've got:

BLIS/CTA via the 401a package[?]
ACC
RPA (Reverse Park Assist)

:cheers:

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
I have BLIS and ACC . As I get older and don't see or react as Well as I used too, these tools make a big difference. Then factor in all the a-holes and horrible traffic here in the Bay Area and I'm thrilled to have them as they work very well.