Sponsored

About to get a GT or SS

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
**wrecks 5th gen bunker due to horrid visibility** **buys another more expensive bunker to drive****
Sponsored

Last edited:

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
AYYLMAO! If you're serious flip a coin. Visibility and trunk space are the reason why I bought the Mustang.
This^^......

I did a serious test drive on both and weeks of going back and forth. I've owned 3 corvettes so far and LOVED the fact it has the Stingray Motor. Love the exhaust option as well and it was very fun to drive (I was able to open it up on my test drive). I thought it was also more responsive and more agile....

BUT....The visibility is absolutely awful and the trunk space is abysmal. The interior just didn't do it for me. To me the car has greatly improved but not in the major areas I wanted. Visibility is absolutely huge.

The mustang on the other hand has a great interior, was a lot of fun to drive and had a lot of other things I was looking for. Plus you can mod the crap out of it although I don't. There are a lot of great things people on this forum are doing!

As many will say it comes down to you. You will pay for it and you will drive it. A lot of great suggestions for renting for a weekend or long test drives (if allowed) at the dealer. And for reference I've also owned a few mustangs.

And if my car pictured here looks femimine then send me the latest Victoria Secrets catalog and I'll start ordering! Good Luck! :thumbsup:

IMG_0769.jpg

daytripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13GT500,'15 GT
I dont see why everyone is so convinced the SS is faster. In the Motortrend and other article they ran the heaviest,premium.Six speed man,track pack,GT against the fastest auto SS. If they had ran the SS against a base, auto,3.55 GT the outcome would have been much different.
I traded a '12 SS, M-6 for my GT. The thing couldnt beat shit with an outboard motor.
I did like the way it looked (inferno orange) and did not have a problem with the visibility.
P1040539.jpg

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I dont see why everyone is so convinced the SS is faster. In the Motortrend and other article they ran the heaviest,premium.Six speed man,track pack,GT against the fastest auto SS. If they had ran the SS against a base, auto,3.55 GT the outcome would have been much different.
I traded a '12 SS, M-6 for my GT. The thing couldnt beat shit with an outboard motor.
I did like the way it looked (inferno orange) and did not have a problem with the visibility.
Yep. Car and driver posted a 4.3 second 0-60 with a PP GT on stock tires. People don't seem to realize that a full set of PSS that come on the camaro would put the GT in the low 12s and 4 second 0-60. It's a shame ford can't figure that out.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Yep. Car and driver posted a 4.3 second 0-60 with a PP GT on stock tires. People don't seem to realize that a full set of PSS that come on the camaro would put the GT in the low 12s and 4 second 0-60. It's a shame ford can't figure that out.
The PSS cost extra money and that's also why the Mustang is priced lower which explains why it sells so well. Good thing we have a great aftermarket to get to the level of performance we want.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Hancock

The Camaro Protagonist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS A8
You came to a Mustang forum, my friend. Remember, we're the same people who mow down bystanders at Mustang Week. Reasonable doesn't enter into it. That being said, you asked some questions. I will answer you.

1. Cheaper should matter, unless you're filthy rich or something. I'm assuming you aren't, and you're just saying it's not a big deal. Consider this: you can get a Roush modified GT for around $40k from the right dealer, still have warranty and everything. That'll smoke the Camaro. Or buy Mustang, spend cost difference in aftermarket. That'll do it too.

2. I feel you on the better visibility thing. Looked at some 5th gen Camaros back when... visibility was a heaping pile of donkey sh*t. I felt like I was going to die just sitting in it. Damn death trap, especially if you're like me and you drive like a complete f*cknut. That whole death thing? Yeah, not me.

3. The interior is no contest. Mustang all the way.

1. Front end is iffy. I agree. But, the damn thing grew on me.
2. Rear end is nice. It's a bit fat, mind you. But hey, more junk in a bigger trunk. What's not to like?
3. Gas mileage is a non-issue. And oh, it gets 30 highway, easy. I have a youtube video on it somewhere.
4. Eats oil?! Not as far as I know.
5. Yes, more Mustangs on the road than Camaros. It's starting to annoy me now, so I feel you. At first it was all zOMG *THAT* is a Mustang wow! Now it's like "oh THAT douchebag in his c*ntwagon Mustang again. So lame."

Anyway, this isn't the market segment for impressing people with the rarity of your car anyway. If money really is no object for you, buy a Lambo or something. Then, instead of being a poor douche like me, you can be a rich douche.

Let me list a con here you might not have noticed. You want a car that's not so common on the road. But your average low-information voter isn't going to notice the difference between 5th and 6th gen Camaros. Too similar!

1. Power... okay. You win. Got nothing.
2. Handling... I've heard mixed things about this. 6th gen Mustangs handle pretty well.
3. Magnetic shit... okay, you win. Hey, if you're rich, buy mt a GT350, please?
4. Better ride? Subjective, I guess.
5. Features... yeah, but you pay out the ass for them. I looked up prices 'cause you made me curious. I can't even get a mid-range v6 Camaro for what I bought my Mustang GT for.
6. Gonna go with nope on better value for money. Better car? Yes. I admit. In stock form, trim-to-trim, it's better. But more expensive, too.

I wish I was in the position that costs more didn't matter.

Either car will do that.

Hint: Not Bruce Jenner. Sh*t's busted.

The performance difference between the cars narrows if you compare manual to manual. Something to note.

Well, I'm an ass to everybody. Equal opportunity. But... yeah, this is a flame worthy topic. But I appreciate the sentiments, man.

Civil you got. Mature... is asking too much, good sir. I am a purveyor of fart jokes and sexual humor, my friend.

Put on a fake mullet and a sideways NASCAR hat and post the picture to the camaro6g admins. They'll expedite your approvals there. All you have to do here in the Mustang world is post your body count from Mustang Week. Easy-peasy.

Good luck in your car buying, man. Don't let the sales weasel put any dicks anywhere they don't belong.
Best post of the thread! You're one of the few guys in this thread that I'd buy a beer. :D You have a clever sense of humor.

A few cool guys in this thread that gives me reason to stick around a little. But wow, at least 70% of the people in this thread are hostile little haters. Never understood why people HATE the main competitor. I don't know if that's better or worse than hating a person or a group of people. I think some people just will do anything to feel better about themselves and the car they ended up picking. Lots of insecure people here.

RitzGT

Serial Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6sp

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Even though the MSRP seems higher, the street price of a 1SS around here is approximately the same as a Mustang GT.

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/646360972/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/664945015/overview/

If all you care about is who's got the most ponies off the showroom floor, there isn't much of a price delta to speak of. I'd still choose the Mustang 7 days a week and twice on Sunday.

Best,
Um.... that's a 2015 SS. Completely different than a 16.

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80
Best post of the thread! You're one of the few guys in this thread that I'd buy a beer. :D You have a clever sense of humor.

A few cool guys in this thread that gives me reason to stick around a little. But wow, at least 70% of the people in this thread are hostile little haters. Never understood why people HATE the main competitor. I don't know if that's better or worse than hating a person or a group of people. I think some people just will do anything to feel better about themselves and the car they ended up picking. Lots of insecure people here.

I'm not a hater I've been a member on C5 since 2011 and I really would like to see a pic of your SS. I've been looking at them myself.:D

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
I'll respond in depth to this thread tomorrow....thanks again for those who were cool to me. But damn, some of you need to mellow out. :D
Post some pics!

Sponsored

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
It's because you're a troll. That these guys are blinded by your skillfull trolling is just a testament to their naivety.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Buying an SS right now. Black 2SS npp magnetic A8.

Thanks for all the contributions brothers.
I think it's awesome you bought one. You and the five other guys that bought a Camaro this month should set a Camaro sales record for 6th gen sales in a single month.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
It's because you're a troll. That these guys are blinded by your skillfull trolling is just a testament to their naivety.
This. He decided to buy the Camaro? Color me surprised. Really, I'm just astonished.

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
Buy a Chevy and get out of here.
Sponsored