Hancock

The Camaro Protagonist
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Looking for some reasonable input and discussion. Hope I'm posting in the correct section. :)

So this week I intend to purchase a new Mustang GT or a Camaro SS. I could be biased since I grew up in a GM family (but not LOYAL and far, far from a FANBOY). Drove a 01 Z28 M6 for a decade, had a '10 Camaro SS M6 for a few years, then got rid of it and bought an economy car since I began to commute about 70-120 miles/day. The Camaro was fun but the visibility was my one gripe. I was at fault for an accident when changing lanes on the highway. Some guy was coming up behind me going 80+ and then jumped into the lane to the right of me just as I was changing lanes, and his left front bumper tapped my left rear bumper.

I'm tired of not having a fast car and after closely following the 2016 Camaro SS and Mustang GT, I might just flip a coin to determine which one I go with. I was set on the Camaro for the most part, but now I'm really considering the Mustang.....and yea, mostly because of VISIBILITY. :eek:

Mustang pros

Cheaper, which doesn't matter much to me
Non Direct-Injection engine. No carbon build-up is a good thing
I like the overall interior layout better
Better visibility (this could be the deciding factor)
I always wanted to own a Mustang at least once in my life

Mustang cons
I don't really love the styling. Initially I didn't care or the rear end, but now I find the front end to be even less likeable. Compared to the front end, the rear end is a lot more tolerable to me
Power
Handling
Gas mileage
Eats oil?
More new Mustangs on the road than Camaros
Feminine

Camaro pros
Exterior styling I like
Power
Handling
Magnetic damping
Better ride
Gas mileage (really doesn't matter to me, will be a weekend car)
A lot more feautures. NPP exhaust, heads up display
Better value for the money
More rare than Mustangs

Camaro cons
I don't like the interior layout as much as the Mustang
Poor visibility (this alone could be the deal-breaker!)
Costs more (not a major factor)

I don't play on modding whatever car I get. Could that change? Yea, especially if I go with the Mustang. I kind of want a low 12 second car. It would be nice if the car was faster than my stock '10 Camaro SS M6. It's not like I go around street racing, but I like to go to the drag strip maybe once or twice a year. Not sure what tranny to go with yet.....the Camaro I'd have no problem driving an auto, but with the Mustang I'd probably lean towards a manual GTPP. I want all the options......premium.

The other thing I want to get out of the way is how I really, really am tired of the fanboyism on both sides. Can that be kept out of this thread? Coming up with every reasons and justification for why one car is superior than the other is extremely lame. Legitimate bashing and hating on the other car/brand is pathetic. It's like some people's car/opinion is their identity. :crazy:

But I'd really appreciate some reasonable discussion, why you like and don't like about the Mustang, as well as the Camaro. Just try to keep it mature and civil please.

I'll be posting this exact message on the Camaro site if they ever let me join. I tried to join a while back and their administrator never approved my registration. :rolleyes::thumbdown:

Hancock
Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Ingot Silver Premium
Camaro Cons:
UGLY
GM
CRAP
HOMO MOBILE

Camaro Pros:
NONE

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Their both nice cars with different personalities. I'm sure you'll enjoy either. Good luck.

15GTCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT A6
Darren, now that is a very balanced argument. He He.
Now just get what you are happy with for the long term .

5.0hopeful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think you've already made your decision. You seem to be leaning more towards the camaro. I had a 2011 Camaro before I bought the GT and I bought it exactly for what you seem to dislike, the styling. The new Camaro was not a big enough deviation from the styling of the 5th gen for me to justify the 6th gen. As well as the massive price difference between the two. I'm sure the prices may have come down some now that the car has been out a bit but when I was cross shopping the two, the price difference between the two for how I wanted the cars was $10k. Way too big a difference to not notice. Not only that but after seeing the interior of the two, I thought the camaro was way way too cramped. But yea, the styling is what did me in. It's not a bad looking car but after having a 5th gen, the difference is hardly noticeable. In fact my friend who now has one even mentioned how his 6th gen looks like the swapped the bumpers on a 5th gen and squeezed it a bit. Just my opinion.

Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
Darren, now that is a very balanced argument. He He.
Now just get what you are happy with for the long term .
:D:cheers:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P

Mustang pros

Cheaper, which doesn't matter much to me

Camaro pros
Better value for the money

Camaro cons
Costs more (not a major factor)
You should spend the money on therapy, looks like you may have MPD ...

Mustang cons
Feminine
... and/or gender identity issues.

:D

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Ask for an extended test drive and make sure that it's a solo drive. If the looks are a toss-up to you, and if you can get over the visibility issues, the Camaro might be the better car.

The Mustang's key strengths are:
-Pricing flexibility (lower starting thresholds)
-Massive aftermarket (plenty of great options to spend that saved money)
-Better outward visibility
-An engine that lacks low-to-mid range torque but has a top-end that's far more exciting
-Arguably better interior; that depends on how much you favor conservative, symmetrical styling with lots of storage and some quirky gimmicks versus an interior that's far more modern and contemporary, if not a bit childish
-Much better trunk opening (huge consideration for me, since the Stang's is shit as-is. I honestly see the Camaro's opening as a deal breaker for me)
-Much bigger online and real life communities
-The optional Recaros are way better if you're not overweight

The Camaro's primary advantages:
-Considerably lighter
-Considerably faster and better handling in stock form; it's not even a contest
-Better engine for daily driving use; loads of torque through the range short of the top end
-Better steering (quicker, more direct)
-Optional stock adjustability is greater: modular suspension and exhaust settings
-Better technology in general
-Better fuel economy

RRS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT A6
Why is a mustang con the MPG and a Pro of the camaro? The camaor must get 30+mpg. I bet they get about the same. The first trip I took in my 2015 I got 28mpg. Around town I average 20.

Socalmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium w/PP Race Red
If you want an uglier car with better performance....get the camaro

If you want a sexy car inside, want to save money and with really good performance...get the mustang

Sponsored

Ultrakla$$ic

Whoflung Poo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=7648]Chameleon[/MENTION]

:lol::D

Black GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT BBP 6R80
I've owned 2 Coyotes and they had zero oil consumption so what's with the eating
oil statement ?

50hhh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
If you just put feminine for a mustang GT GTFO of here and go buy a crapmaro. And I own plenty of GM vehicles. Enjoy not being able to see shit and driving a gay looking hot wheels car ***got. Oh and pleaseeeee bring a slow ass 2010 camaro and run it vs my stock 15 GT I'll put 10 grand on that race all day.
Sponsored