Sponsored

A simple idea... (wish)

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
The whole idea for the car is the money is in the drivetrain, not fluff. You can buy a slow vehicle for less money and get all the fluff you want. Or spend more for a Bimmer or something like that.
I don't consider quality materials and oil pressure/temp gauges on a performance car to be "fluff". We're not talking about massaging seats here.
Sponsored

Standman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chrysler 300 SRT8
Just wanted to run this idea (wish) past you guys/gals...
On the uprated GT350 with the Tech PKG and GT350R with the Electronic PKG..how about adding the softer padding on the door tops and the corresponding white or red (R) stitching on the dash pad and center console armrest... I think this would be really classy for the top trim. And it is on the production line already with the Premier Trim With Color Accent Group option. Also the R with the Electronics PKG should have the 2 center gauge pods...Oh and black lug nuts for the R
I agree completely. I also wouldn't mind the engine turned dash panel.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I don't consider quality materials and oil pressure/temp gauges on a performance car to be "fluff". We're not talking about massaging seats here.
I think the base GT has quality materials and you were posting about wanting a larger display screen and different trim.

I agree on the gages, but everything else - not so much. I hope Ford leaves the car as true to the original as possible in these times. As bare bones as it can be and keep the price low.

You could (and some have) say it's going to cost so much Ford "should" throw in this and that for free. Obviously it doesn't work that way. Ford needs a margin and if they put in more content they either have to reduce their margin or increase the price. Typically reducing the margin is a non-starter for businesses that want to stick around.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I think the base GT has quality materials and you were posting about wanting a larger display screen and different trim.

I agree on the gages, but everything else - not so much. I hope Ford leaves the car as true to the original as possible in these times. As bare bones as it can be and keep the price low.

You could (and some have) say it's going to cost so much Ford "should" throw in this and that for free. Obviously it doesn't work that way. Ford needs a margin and if they put in more content they either have to reduce their margin or increase the price. Typically reducing the margin is a non-starter for businesses that want to stick around.
The trim we were discussing is just the top of the dash and top section of the door panels and the larger screen is something that even economy cars have these days. We're talking about a few square feet of vinyl and a larger touch screen. These are commodities. It's 2015 for Pete's sake, and this is not a real race car. The gauges and the better trim should be standard. The Sync3/larger touch screen can be an option - I'd gladly pay for it. (But I don't want all the other stuff in the tech pack) They did the same thing with the Boss in 2012 - they didn't offer the sync touch screen. People bitched and they added it in 2013. I plan on getting the track pack and I'll bet that I'll track mine more than most but I still want it to be a nice car. I'm not sure what the argument is here. You already said you agree about the gauges - I'd bet that if they just included the better trim, you'd never even notice and I'm assuming (hoping?) that you wouldn't object to the larger touch screen being an option.

TheRican

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has Wheels
The larger screen should be standard - leave the rest of that crap out!

AgentOrange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fred Flintstone, two leg power
Just wanted to run this idea (wish) past you guys/gals...
On the uprated GT350 with the Tech PKG and GT350R with the Electronic PKG..how about adding the softer padding on the door tops and the corresponding white or red (R) stitching on the dash pad and center console armrest... I think this would be really classy for the top trim. And it is on the production line already with the Premier Trim With Color Accent Group option. Also the R with the Electronics PKG should have the 2 center gauge pods...Oh and black lug nuts for the R
Nice market research question! ;-)

Good idea. +1
Sponsored