Sponsored

A media member's honest GT350/R review....

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
When he says 99.99% of the community, he really means himself. Very ego-centric view of things, not at all unexpected given his gross generalizations of anything outside his small realm.
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I know essentially nothing about road racing, road courses, track days there, etc.

There's an honest moment for you. Do you still claim to know what 99.9 Mustang owners like to do with their cars, after you admit to knowing very little about this type of motorsport?

I can appreciate you doing what you want with your car - you're welcome to it. I wouldn't assume that everyone is just like you, though.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
^^^ :amen: x 3!

Even a Boxster S with an excellent driver can hang on my tail on a road course turns... and no I'm not ashamed, because I respect folks who have more skills than me even if they're in a lesser powered so-called "puss" car.

17177149733_2b8383a14c_c.jpg
That's because you are in limp mode. Just kidding. :lol:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bossing

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
A crap? In a Boxster? Really? I'll pull a good 2nd gear in a GT500 and give most people a heart attack.
Straight line acceleration is not scary or difficult to accomplish.

What will freak most people out is coming up to a corner at 120+ mph when they KNOW the car will not make the corner at that speed. Then slamming on the brakes at the last possible moment to slow down so you don't go off.

Or a high speed corner - scares me every time. If you are too fast the car is probably scrap.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
If you can do it on a street, you can do it on an airport runway.. The runway is so wide it doesn't even feel fast.

Sent from my iPhone
Sebring is one of the most punishing race tracks to drive. It's an old airport turned into a road course. The back straight used to be just horrible to drive flat out . Maybe that has changed .

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
I certainly appreciate you speaking of behalf of the complete Mustang performance community with respect to .01% of us avid and in many cases long time Mustang owners not concerned with what our cars can do on a road course or auto cross event.

I also appreciate your use of the term Muscle Car when referring to the Mustang. That is quite humorous especially when the term originated back in the 60's and neither the Mustang or the Corvette were considered Muscle Cars back then let alone in todays arena.

We always have lots to learn so please let us know which Corvette model can be purchased for 60K and runs in the mid 11's?

BTW, you do know that a group of C6 and C7 owners have filed a class action suit against General Motors suing them over defective engines. With that issue looming Chevrolet hardly has any choice but to discount these automobiles.

Lastly, if you think that your comments represent 99.99% of the way that us Mustang owners feel about our Pony car with respect to acceleration/handling I suggest that you are very delusional.
:cheers:
I wasn't aware of that, I do know people did have some issues and that was addressed and GM also is replacing the engines. I think that its a good thing that a manufacturer honors their warranty and replaces things that fail.

I see that Mustangs are getting towed right after leaving the dealership for clutch/transmissions problems. I know that most everyone experiences that clump we get when shifting our manual Mustangs. I know that Ford says its "normal", I wonder if that's why I got my car for 6k off the sticker? I still love my car, but wonder if all the people that complain about the Mustang transmission will file a class action lawsuit, judging by your reasoning, it may even lower the ADM on the GT350's

licktensteins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Four wheels and a stick
GT350 has a different, more robust, not Made in China, transmission than is in the rest of the Mustang lineup.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
The class action law suit is about the 427 engine dropping valves in the Z06 and most are off warranty or soon to be.
The current Z06 has it's issues as well and I hope GM gets that figured out soon. Not a Corvette guy but think they deserve better engineering then this. Chapter 11 in 2009 didn't help them in the R & D dept. Lack of money and on again off again future of the Corvette hurt the brand which we are seeing today.

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
GT350 has a different, more robust, not Made in China, transmission than is in the rest of the Mustang lineup.
Yes, the Getrag MT82 was not as good as it should have been and if the Boss cars had any weak link it was the MT82 tranny.

The Tremec TR3160 in the new GT350 will obviously be a great improvement and I believe it is built in America and possibly in Michigan?

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Yes, the Getrag MT82 was not as good as it should have been and if the Boss cars had any weak link it was the MT82 tranny.

The Tremec TR3160 in the new GT350 will obviously be a great improvement and I believe it is built in America and possibly in Michigan?

Of all the times I ordered Chinese, it wasn't supposed to be in my Stang :D

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

Not just the tranny but the clutch as well. Basically had to upgrade to an aftermarket twin disk otherwise good luck making consistent shifts at WOT near redline
Sponsored