Sponsored

A few runs against my sons c7.

CXRs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT A10
I have a 22 mach hp and you really love the C7 that much more??
I haven't driven a Mach 1 yet, but having driven a couple C7s and having owned a C6 Z51, I can say without a doubt, the Vette is a whole different animal. The best description I can come up with would be the difference between slicing a steak with a steak knife vs a chef's knife. They both will do a damn good job of the task at hand, but one has more heft to it and dulls the feeling compared to the other.
Sponsored

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I haven't driven a Mach 1 yet, but having driven a couple C7s and having owned a C6 Z51, I can say without a doubt, the Vette is a whole different animal. The best description I can come up with would be the difference between slicing a steak with a steak knife vs a chef's knife. They both will do a damn good job of the task at hand, but one has more heft to it and dulls the feeling compared to the other.
Well the HP Mach with the suspension and nice tires is definitely a handling dream if you never drove one. I had a 2009 Z51 vette and just sold my 22 supra and I can't believe the handling of the mach 1. It put up better numbers than the gt350 on the same tracks.

20160603_185850.jpg

20230521_101012.jpg

CXRs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT A10
Well the HP Mach with the suspension and nice tires is definitely a handling dream if you never drove one. I had a 2009 Z51 vette and just sold my 22 supra and I can't believe the handling of the mach 1. It put up better numbers than the gt350 on the same tracks.
I'd definitely believe it, I've seen the performance from the sidelines, but I'm also obsessed with light weight. I had gotten my first 'fun' car(97 T/A) down to ~2900lbs with about 350whp and it was an absolute hoot. I've been broken ever since lol.

I am piecing together suspension pieces for my '22 now, just for the sake of improving the response and 'tightness' of it. In terms of the C6, how does the Mach feel? Tighter, the same but heavier, or something else?

ZLwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
lol, yes. Bigly. Especially on shifts you are losing power.

Turn all the nannies off
This guy doesn't know what mode he should be street racing in and you want him to turn all the nannies off....lol....he's about to insurance claim both his and his sons cars when they meet the guardrail.

OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
This guy doesn't know what mode he should be street racing in and you want him to turn all the nannies off....lol....he's about to insurance claim both his and his sons cars when they meet the guardrail.

Are you retarded?

There's always one, it just happened to be you.

Sponsored

ZLwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Are you retarded?

There's always one, it just happened to be you.
Huh? You asked what mode you should be in....if you don't know the answer to that question....you should be asking yourself if you're retarded lol

ZLwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
That is definitely belt slip. A griptec pulley will slow down the slip at the expense of belt life.

I DD my car at least 2x per week and run on MT Street SS on the rear. Im making around 800whp on my 10 psi setting and these tires hook at the power level leaving in 2nd gear on 10r80.

If you insist on no DR's at least look at some R888R's or something along those lines.
How do you like the MT Street SS tires on the street? Do you daily yours? I'm looking for some more traction for mine, but don't want to change out the fronts.

OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Huh? You asked what mode you should be in....if you don't know the answer to that question....you should be asking yourself if you're retarded lol

..nevermind, I just saw your replies to people's post. I take it back, you're not retarded. You're a retarded dick. šŸ˜€

Mach Daddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I'd definitely believe it, I've seen the performance from the sidelines, but I'm also obsessed with light weight. I had gotten my first 'fun' car(97 T/A) down to ~2900lbs with about 350whp and it was an absolute hoot. I've been broken ever since lol.

I am piecing together suspension pieces for my '22 now, just for the sake of improving the response and 'tightness' of it. In terms of the C6, how does the Mach feel? Tighter, the same but heavier, or something else?
Can't remember the vette to be honest that was 3 cars agošŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

ZLwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
..nevermind, I just saw your replies to people's post. I take it back, you're not retarded. You're a retarded dick. šŸ˜€
Please do us all a favor and quit driving your car, not sure you belong behind the wheel.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Please do us all a favor and quit driving your car, not sure you belong behind the wheel.
Sure thing sweet tit's.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The C7 Grand Sport is a bad dude. If you can add about 50hp to one with bolt ons I think it might be about the best Vette possible.
Iā€™d agree with that. The GS is really that good Mach Daddy (drive one if you havenā€™t).

I love the C7 ZR1 and would love to have one. But if I were forced to choose one, Iā€™d take the C7 GS over the ZR1. Probably the most well rounded Vette GM made (yes, even better than the vaunted C6 Z06. I said what I said). šŸæšŸæ

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Doesn't Whipple have that tool that allows you to dial down boost by gear and rpm? Can't recall the name now.

Wheel spin is useless so it may be an idea to use that tool to dial the boost to the point before you just lose grip.

OP
OP

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Doesn't Whipple have that tool that allows you to dial down boost by gear and rpm? Can't recall the name now.

Wheel spin is useless so it may be an idea to use that tool to dial the boost to the point before you just lose grip.

My car is lund tuned from last owner. Not sure if can be done. I'll have to checl

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How do you like the MT Street SS tires on the street? Do you daily yours? I'm looking for some more traction for mine, but don't want to change out the fronts.
I drive the car to work 2 or 3 times a week.. not a true daily, but does get driven quite a bit. They bite hard. I really have no complaints other than tread life I suppose, but they are super soft.
Sponsored