Sponsored

A/C Evaporator Factory Defect

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
The ESP approved the replacement of the compressor and evap. Good thing! It's a $100 deductible.
Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
i think my Evap core has gone, Ford did a regas in August last year, the weather has been getting warm but the AC isnt getting cold again. they said last time there were no signs of leaks but as it was 2 years old it probably needed a recharge, i accepted that at this time but i've booked it in again to be looked at but they said they're going to recharge it again, i'm a bit dubious this time as with no clear leaks the TSB states suspect the evap core. i will need to tell them when it goes in to check for TSBs on my vehicle regarding the evap core, does anyone have the full TSB for SSM 47149? i managed to find the one for TSB 18-2166 online but only text for 47149

Deleted member 35786

i think my Evap core has gone, Ford did a regas in August last year, the weather has been getting warm but the AC isnt getting cold again. they said last time there were no signs of leaks but as it was 2 years old it probably needed a recharge, i accepted that at this time but i've booked it in again to be looked at but they said they're going to recharge it again, i'm a bit dubious this time as with no clear leaks the TSB states suspect the evap core. i will need to tell them when it goes in to check for TSBs on my vehicle regarding the evap core, does anyone have the full TSB for SSM 47149? i managed to find the one for TSB 18-2166 online but only text for 47149

https://ford.oemdtc.com/3534/poor-a...low-refrigerant-charge-2015-2017-ford-mustang

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
F that, print it out and put it in front of them.
They love ignorant customers, let them know you are not one. I would go one step further with a yellow highlighter over the "no leak suspect evap" part..

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got my mustang back. The evap number they installed is FR3Z 19850 Y

Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is my receipt:
20190424-110845.jpg

20190424-110957.jpg

Deleted member 35786

Hang on to it because the parts have a 1yr warranty. Glad to hear its fixed, just in time for summer.

drumstick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Anyone know what the part number is for the 2 bolts with the gaskets under the cowl? The factory gasket look weird and not too confident on the rtv.
5.jpg

Sponsored

gatorlangman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red 2015 Mustang GT Base -Performance Package
So I had no working AC, brought my Mustang GT to the dealership, so they ran diagnostics, charge the freon and they said they found the leak from my compressor and needed to replace the comrpessor. I got the car back, had to pay $1200, its now a couple days later and the AC is not blowing cold air. Do you guys think it could be this evaporator issue? if so I dont want to be charged for the compressor since that wasnt the issue. (After all I shouldnt be charged for their mistake).

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
From what others have experienced, it sounds like it could be the evaporator, but it would be impossible to say without more analysis by your Ford dealer. It sure sounds like they didn't find the root cause of the problem (or all the causes). It does call into question (at least for me) if they correctly diagnosed the cause of the A/C failure. Good luck! Let us know how what Ford says.

I have a different dilemma. My A/C failed, Ford recharged the system and inserted dye. 400 miles later I brought it back to them so they could see where the leak was, and they couldn't detect a leak. The refrigerant is going somewhere, but it may be a very slow leak that is not detectable. If the recharge lasts several seasons (I only drive mine in the summer), having it recharged every few years would be a lot cheaper than tearing out the dash and replacing the evaporator. So it's wait and see for me.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I have a different dilemma. My A/C failed, Ford recharged the system and inserted dye. 400 miles later I brought it back to them so they could see where the leak was, and they couldn't detect a leak. The refrigerant is going somewhere, but it may be a very slow leak that is not detectable..
I don't think they can see any leakage dye from the evaporator since it's totally enclosed in the dash.

JohnK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Ruby Red
I don't think they can see any leakage dye from the evaporator since it's totally enclosed in the dash.
How can they diagnose a leaking evaporator then?
Sponsored