Sponsored

8" Touchscreen Upgrade from Base radio Install guide.

brandonsmash

SMASH!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - PP
sounds like standard sync opperation to me lol
Pretty much.

The order of operations for me goes as follows:

OK GOOGLE
SET A REMINDER FOR SIX WEEKS
"UNPLUG BATTERY TO FIX SYNC"

ETA:

Looks like my package is here (I had this one shipped to my wife's work, as my shop was in the process of changing addresses and I have zero tolerance for more shipping bullshit). Looks like this weekend I'll do some surgery!
Sponsored

Last edited:

JStang091

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP
Can someone tell me how to get the nav to quit interrupting my music when it tells me a direction? I can't find it in settings
Go to settings (the main settings, not the nav settings) and turn nav speaker on. BUT it won't give you voice commands at all

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
No price. I just emailed for price, availability, tech support, warranty, etc. We'll see what happens.
Just got a response to my inquiry. Price from website is $510 + $67 S/H. Otherwise, all features same as website. New name though. Andy Tan was the author of the email. Here it is:

Date: January 7, 2016 at 10:17:53 PM EST
To: mulestang <[email protected]>
Subject: 2015 Ford Mustang GPS Android Stereo
Dear Heath, Happy new year 2016!
SUAVDVDGPS from China, supply various brand car multifunctional DVD GPS system device.
This 2015 Ford Mustang in-dash stereo GPS Navi radio bluetooth(A2DP,Hands-free) iPOD unit SUV-F8409A,with Android 4.4,price USD510.
Menus functions in English.
Compatible with DVD/VCD/CD/MP3/MPEG4/DIVX/CD-R/WMA/JPEG.
With 10.2inch 16:9 touch screen,RGB 800*480 high definition.
With WiFi,Mirror Link function: Wireless connection between your mobile and GPS screen by WiFi,transport the audio and video.
Optionally upgrade your GPS map.
Support the camera,USB,iPhone,etc.
The screen will switch to reverse image automatically when your car is put into reverse,it will be much safer for car reversing.
USB: MAX 2000GB USB device.
Support Android Multimedia Player.
Support Google Play Store+DVD+GPS+Bluetooth,iPod and iPhone,USB device,camera,AV device,etc.
With three Zone function:
Listening to Radio/watching GPS image in the front and watching DVD/USB/SD/TV from the back Monitor synchronously.
Special design for 2015 Ford Mustang,fit straight without any alterations,remain all existing functionality.
ISO type connection,with CANBUS,plug and play with the stering wheel control,more convenient.Easy and quick installation.
Not only enhance your drive safety,but also make your car cool,look luxury!!!
Total shipping cost USD67 to your address need 3 to 5 day time by UPS or DHL,door to door express.
Total amount for your order: USD510+USD67=USD577
Thanks and best regards.
Sincerely yours,
Andy Tan
Website: www.suavdvdgps.com <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Application%20Data/Foxmail7/Temp-3444-20151005082931/www.suavdvdgps.com>
ADD: 2B,Huafeng Industrial zone,Xixiang Baoan,Shenzhen,518102,Guangdong,China.

Car Stereo DVD GPS! [email protected]

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Just got a response to my inquiry. Price from website is $510 + $67 S/H. Otherwise, all features same as website. New name though. Andy Tan was the author of the email. Here it is:

SUAVDVDGPS from China, supply various brand car multifunctional DVD GPS system device.
This 2015 Ford Mustang in-dash stereo GPS Navi radio bluetooth(A2DP,Hands-free) iPOD unit SUV-F8409A,with Android 4.4,price USD510.
With WiFi,Mirror Link function: Wireless connection between your mobile and GPS screen by WiFi,transport the audio and video.
The screen will switch to reverse image automatically when your car is put into reverse,it will be much safer for car reversing.
Support Google Play Store+DVD+GPS+Bluetooth,iPod and iPhone,USB device,camera,AV device,etc.
Listening to Radio/watching GPS image in the front and watching DVD/USB/SD/TV from the back Monitor synchronously.
Special design for 2015 Ford Mustang,fit straight without any alterations,remain all existing functionality.
ISO type connection,with CANBUS,plug and play with the stering wheel control,more convenient.Easy and quick installation.
Total shipping cost USD67 to your address need 3 to 5 day time by UPS or DHL,door to door express.
Thanks and best regards.
Sincerely yours,
Andy Tan
Website: www.suavdvdgps.com <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Application%20Data/Foxmail7/Temp-3444-20151005082931/www.suavdvdgps.com>

so i wonder if this is just a screen upgrade and still uses sync like the other versions :frusty: , or since it runs android maybe not?

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
I think it integrates just like the current system, only with an updated OS. That's my guess. I suspect we'll start seeing this 'improved' unit showing up on eBay and the like. I'm not too smart on Chinese industry, but I can't imagine these units are coming from multiple plants. I get the feeling that this is just a natural progression of the product, and we'll start seeing more of them. Again, my 2 cents until someone educates me on how it really works.

Sponsored

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
I think it integrates just like the current system, only with an updated OS. That's my guess. I suspect we'll start seeing this 'improved' unit showing up on eBay and the like. I'm not too smart on Chinese industry, but I can't imagine these units are coming from multiple plants. I get the feeling that this is just a natural progression of the product, and we'll start seeing more of them. Again, my 2 cents until someone educates me on how it really works.
I agree
Also the email from that supplier states a 10" screen but the web page for the unit shows pics with 8" screen. Which is correct? My bet is the 8" is correct.
If it is just updated software maybe 1 day the original might be able to upgrade to the new software.
I think the additional cost for this new unit is because it has the the WiFi module added. I am guessing the WiFi is not built in but is a piggy back module. Just like 1 of our members added to his install.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Thanks and best regards.
Sincerely yours,
Andy Tan

I just got the same reply.. was coming here to post it lol.. $577 total.. PASS

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I also noticed that on the link you had originally posted it shows the 8.1" screen.. but on both of the replies we got it states 10.2"

"With 10.2inch 16:9 touch screen,RGB 800*480 high definition."

Heinoceros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Those look like fairly different systems. Hopefully someone from the forum will buy the 600 dollar one so we can all find out what it is. I am really hoping to be able to get the signal out of one of these systems to feed to an amp, instead of relying on the high level outputs of the speakers to drive the amp. The TomTop unit doesnt have audio outs, but it has a left audio and right audio its returning to the stock system, which i am hoping to pull off and send to the amp. The problem is i think the volume knob will no longer work, as i think its downstream of the sync module. I just bought one of the TomTop units so i can experiment with that and see if i cant come up with something decent. I am guessing the volume knob is sending its update to the sync via CAN bus commands, just like the steering wheel controls, so they might be intercepted and applied to a third party volume control, but that is a royal pain in the butt.

Sponsored

Heinoceros

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
that android system is making claims that just cant be true on the mustang without replacing the existing amp/sync system. It says it does multiple zones, which means sending different audio to the front and rear right? the sync module only has inputs for a single right and left, so multiple zones is just impossible (Unless its left and right zone, and that doesnt sound too useful)

If the multiple zone thing is right, then its a radically different system than the TomTop.

Edwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang - Triple Yellow
It has to be the Tomtop unit with new software or an upgraded version by the same people making the Tomtop unit. Because the bezel and screen pictured in the ad is the Tomtop unit.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just got on the tomtop website and searched for 2015 Mustang and now they show TWO units both for $271.00. One has a part #K2792-5 and the other is #K2795.

Last edited:

sarcean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang ecoboost