Sponsored

6r80 build have a problem help?

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
I have a 2016 GT with a build tranny. Its got pbh discs,billet forward planetary and 2c circle d converter. The thing is that the shift from 1st to 2nd gear you hear a loud thud in very low speeds is this normal guys?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
What are pbh disc? And who built the transmission? I just had a Stage2 exedy build done by Brett LaSala with the billet shaft. If you have 3:55 gears and are running it in sport mode, the 1st to second gear shift does hit hard on my car as well. And the stall speed converter exacerbates it. But driving around town in normal mode negates most of this. You can also drove in manual mode and when come to a stop. Put it in 2nd gear to take off and its pretty normal. Its happening because the 1st gear clutches are stout and the shift pressure is high. You can have your tuner turn down the shift pressure and that will help also...

Last edited:
OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
What are pbh disc? And who built the transmission? I just had a Stage2 exedy build done by Brett LaSala with the billet shaft. If you have 3:55 gears and are running it in sport mode, the 1st to second gear shift does hit hard on my car as well. And the stall speed converter exacerbates it. But driving around town in normal mode negates most of this. You can also drove in manual mode and when come to a stop. Put it in 2nd gear to take off and its pretty normal. Its happening because the 1st gear clutches are stout and the shift pressure is high. You can have your tuner turn down the shift pressure and that will help also...
Thanks. The tranny was build by a shop that works on ford cars.

OP
OP
jrsimon27

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Power by the hour.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Np, you can also downshift in normal mode without being in manual mode. It will eventually shift upward by itself if your not accelerating. I’m gonna use track and sport for racing not regular driving. When your just cruising around Just use normal mode..
Sponsored