600R FathouseFab opinions

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Agreed but when we’re talking about this motor the Gen 1 Voodoo which already has a plethora of problems from factory i’d prefer a warranty. I had a 17 5.0 that i went FBO on and never even worried about. I’ve had the shelby for about 5 months and it’s been a headache. My powertrain warranty is up in 2 months and fat fab happend to be one of the people offering a warranty. My post seems to of made some people mad i understand the risk that comes with building any motor but i just wanted to protect this investment. With the help of others in this post I found a ford dealer that can extend my warranty for cheap. I plan to do this and keep trying for a gen 2 motor before mods begin. To me this seems like the smartest investment as we can all agree the gen 1 is a ticking time bomb.
I don't think anyone on this forum is angry believe me, their just trying to give you their personal opinions based on their own past experience of modifying cars. Even if you get the ford extended warranty I don't think they would approve any claim on your engine "IF" You done Any modifications. I think they would only approve claims, IF it is OEM Stock. Good Luck.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WCKD350

WCKD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sina
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 / tricky performance E85 tuned
I don't think anyone on this forum is angry believe me, their just trying to give you their personal opinions based on their own past experience of modifying cars. Even if you get the ford extended warranty I don't think they would approve any claim on your engine "IF" You done Any modifications. I think they would only approve claims, IF it is OEM Stock. Good Luck.
Yes I plan to leave it stock until I can fully resolve this oil consumption issue.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think that is wise and since it is the first-gen engine, I would never mod it.

Yes I plan to leave it stock until I can fully resolve this oil consumption issue.

OP
OP
WCKD350

WCKD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sina
Vehicle(s)
I think that is wise and since it is the first-gen engine, I would never mod it.
Agreed the gen 2 is superior in every way. With my car at the dealer now I’m hoping to get it back with enough time to drive a 1,000 miles beofre my powertrain warranty ends. This way if it fails the test and get the new motor i won’t even have to extend my warranty.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WCKD350

WCKD350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sina
Vehicle(s)
Is my 2019 GT350 motor that much better over my 2016 GT350
Yes, Ford changed the piston and piston rings. I know of at least one case that was posted here where excessive oil consumption was due to deformed rings. The other information I saw posted here is that the early design pistons/rings are no longer available. Also from what I've seen the Gen 2 carries a lot of parts from the 20 GT500 which makes it rated for 12 pounds of boost is what Ford claims

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
Thank you. My 2016 didn't use much oil at all, just regular maintenance, but got this 2019 in 2020 last one on the lot knowing it's the last of its kind and saw this post and checked the heads and it's stamped 350R. That's even better.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
No issues on my 2019 motor. As for mods, Fathouse does excellent work. I have seen some cars. Pricey yes, but you know it will be done right. I am now edging on to get a GT500 or let them do a turbo build.
Sponsored