Sponsored

600mi Left on Warranty - What else should have them look at?

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Scheduled to bring my car in this Saturday for one last round of free service covered under warranty before my car hits 36k miles. Already have them looking at the A/C (which seems busted again, compressor has already been replaced) and the window switch rattle in the driver's-side door (which has come back after being fixed once) and the corrosion on the leading edge of my hood.

Is there anything else I should have them look at while it's there before my warranty runs out? The brakes seem to be squealing a bit more than usual again, pads were replaced and the rotors machined at 13k miles. Would that be worth bringing up?
Sponsored

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Look at the windshield, in between the laminated glass. Mine was bubbling/corroding at the top edge inwards into the glass.

Dealership said it was a known problem and replaced my glass. I've also seen it happen on 2015 and 2016 Fusions with the Soundscreen glass.

Pictures here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91415

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Have them check all 4 wheel hubs.

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
600mi Left on Warranty

I'm kind of in the same boat.
My 3/36 is up on 4/22/2018. I have 15,840 on the car and the thought of the A/C evap going out and the cost to repair it out of pocket to be $1,200-1,500 made me call my salesperson to check on some prices to extend the warranty. I was pleasantly suprised. For a Premium Extended Service Plan I was quoted:

6 year 36,000 from 4/22/15 to 4/22/2021 was $570.00
6 year 48,000 from 4/22/15 to 4/22/2021 was $770.00

I only drive the car in the summer about 5,500 miles a year. I extended it to 6/36 for peace of mind. As a side note, my salesperson said if I go over 3 years from the date of purchase (or 36,000 miles) the car has to be inspected and it would cost an additional $150
:ford:

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
You need to look at ESP. I got an 8yr/6K0k ESP for $1050. That would give you five more years and 45k miles of coverage.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
My 3/36 is up on 4/22/2018. I have 15,840 on the car and the thought of the A/C evap going out and the cost to repair it out of pocket to be $1,200-1,500 made me call my salesperson to check on some prices to extend the warranty. I was pleasantly suprised. For a Premium Extended Service Plan I was quoted:

I only drive the car in the summer about 5,500 miles a year. I extended it to 6/36 for peace of mind. As a side note, my salesperson said if I go over 3 years from the date of purchase (or 36,000 miles) the car has to be inspected and it would cost an additional $150
That's terrific, especially for those nasty little issues like you mentioned (the evaporator). Is that an "official" Ford warranty, a dealer specific option or something 3rd party?

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
That's terrific, especially for those nasty little issues like you mentioned (the evaporator). Is that an "official" Ford warranty, a dealer specific option or something 3rd party?
That is a direct quote from my local Ford dealer. It's an official zero deductible Premium Care Ford Extended Service Plan covering exactly what the original warranty covers through Ford Motor Company. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
Look at Flood Ford for good warranty pricing.
Check your aluminum hood for corrosion
C6A00103-5966-4DDF-BC78-E788268C091E.jpeg

OP
OP
QRK

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Ended up not being able to bring my car in until last Thursday the 19th but I got it back yesterday:

-They couldn't replicate the rattle in my door which is annoying because I feel like it's worse than before it got fixed the first time.

-Got the door latch recall taken care of (which I had totally forgotten about)

-Had them replace a busted TPMS sensor

-They didn't find any issues with the A/C aside from the musty smell I told them about. They did a deodorizer and told me the reason it smelled and didn't seem to work sometimes was because I probably always have the recirculator on (which I absolutely do, I don't think I've ever used the AUTO climate control). Apparently because of our muggy climate, moisture can collect in the system if it never gets fresh air which totally makes sense to me. The system seems to work great now, let's hope it stays that way. They also offered to replace my cabin air filter, but I'll just do that myself instead of paying the $60.

-Onto the big one: Ford is replacing my hood due to the corrosion on the leading edge. The service tech said it'll take 4 days (during which they'll provide a rental car) once they get the part in and that they'll still honor my warranty if I go past 36k miles before then. They'll send the hood and my car to a local body shop to get matched and sprayed, just hope it turns out well.

Blue 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Look at Flood Ford for good warranty pricing.
Check your aluminum hood for corrosion
this happened to me as well.

Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
this happened to me as well.
Looks like this is a common issue on the new aluminum hoods from 2015-2017. My 2016 Mustang had the same issue on the hood. Most of the new Explorers with the aluminum hood has the same issues.
Ford sent me a new hood, and my dealer took my car to bodyshop to get it painted & installed. Also fixed few other paint issues and panels gaps while at it.
My service advisor told me that Ford has updated their aluminum hood treatment and issue has been resolved since. Warranty work.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Look at the windshield, in between the laminated glass. Mine was bubbling/corroding at the top edge inwards into the glass.

Dealership said it was a known problem and replaced my glass. I've also seen it happen on 2015 and 2016 Fusions with the Soundscreen glass.

Pictures here: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91415
Check this for sure. I'm also from Florida, and noticed this on my windshield at about 39k miles . I do have the premium care until 75k, but this obviously wasn't covered. My dealership did try to fight on my behalf, but Ford wasn't having it.

I guess have my hood replaced due to corrosion, vapor core replaced, some outside trim replaced, backup camera replaced, steering wheel replaced (peeling).. they've had enough of me. (Yes I know the windshield is only covered under the bumper to bumper, just wanted to throw all that extra stuff out there :))

Oh, and my AC is acting up again. I'll probably be adding round 2 to the list above soon.

It's either I "accidentally" hit a giant flying rock that came from "nowhere" and get a claim on insurance (would be free in FL, but I would definitely pay for it in a rate hike) or just live with it.

OP
OP
QRK

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
New Hood - Paint and Other Issues

Well I finally got my car back again Friday (May 4) with the new painted hood. It ain't pretty. Most of the edges along the corners are patchy at best. It seemed like a rushed job, there were even spots of dried wax. At first I felt like I was being nitpicky, but then I said screw that this is my car. I could tell the fill-in service advisor (the one I've been working with was gone for the weekend) was getting nervous as I kept pointing out blemishes, but I wasn't gonna freak out on her. The dealership uses a third party for bodywork. She took pictures of the imperfections and kept my ticket open so I could bring it back in this week, so the saga continues.

Here's the really crappy part: as I was getting in my car to leave, I saw a nice little dent on the driver's side A-pillar. I stopped the service advisor before she went inside and told her the dent wasn't there before. She took a pic of it as well. I'm guessing there were two dopes taking off my old hood at the bodyshop and swung it back into the A-pillar as they were carrying it away. Pure carelessness.

Probably hard to see but the dent is there:

picture.jpg

And here is an example of the shoddy paintwork along the edges. Am I being too nitpicky?

picture.jpg

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium

pike1346

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 5.0 Premium

I bought my from floodfordesp.com
Sponsored