Sponsored

5th falls out and 6th gear synchro's are gone *update*

Sub-Moa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP Magnetic
I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you have had man. I appreciate you telling us everything you have done so that others can use this info if they have problems of their own. I wonder how many people who immediately switched to a different tranny fluid, added the steeda trans bushing and MGW shifter have had issues? I'm hoping that combo works to lengthen the life of the MT-82.
Sponsored

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
I'm sorry to hear about all the problems you have had man. I appreciate you telling us everything you have done so that others can use this info if they have problems of their own. I wonder how many people who immediately switched to a different tranny fluid, added the steeda trans bushing and MGW shifter have had issues? I'm hoping that combo works to lengthen the life of the MT-82.

I think the MT-82 is a hit or miss trans. Either you get a good one that last or a hunk of shit that's nothing but trouble

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I think fluid change would have saved my trans. It started to get very bad once the weather got cold. Which leads me to believe gear oil is too heavy. I told Daler this on my first visit at 4,000 miles. The dealer can't do anything not recommended by Ford. Good luck I hope it does lengthen the life of yours!

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
I think fluid change would have saved my trans. It started to get very bad once the weather got cold. Which leads me to believe gear oil is too heavy. I told Daler this on my first visit at 4,000 miles. The dealer can't do anything not recommended by Ford. Good luck I hope it does lengthen the life of yours!
isnt this BG fluid thinker than the factory fill?

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
isnt this BG fluid thinker than the factory fill?
anyone get a bottle the factory fill, and a bottle of a popular aftermarket transmission oil and put those into the refrigerator (or freezer), and then compare how they pour?

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
anyone get a bottle the factory fill, and a bottle of a popular aftermarket transmission oil and put those into the refrigerator (or freezer), and then compare how they pour?

wish i would have kept my factory fill and did this so we would all know. lol
My factory fill with about 2k on it looked like motor oil with 5k on it.
Sponsored