Sponsored

5th falls out and 6th gear synchro's are gone *update*

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Idk tech just said it wasn't right when he reassembled trans. Had to order more parts. They did state my trans was full of metallic gear oil. Not sure why they tried to repair it vs just replacing the whole thing.
You need to go higher than the person you are talking to. They NEED to give you a NEW transmission. I had my 6 speed trans. replaced under warranty by Toyota. They told me we do not repair transmissions we replace them. They said not many technicians are qualified to repair transmissions and it takes up much needed shop time. Toyota replaced mine in 2 days after dropping off. They ordered it and it was waiting when I dropped off. :)
Sponsored

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
You need to go higher than the person you are talking to. They NEED to give you a NEW transmission. I had my 6 speed trans. replaced under warranty by Toyota. They told me we do not repair transmissions we replace them. They said not many technicians are qualified to repair transmissions and it takes up much needed shop time. Toyota replaced mine in 2 days after dropping off. They ordered it and it was waiting when I dropped off. :)
Going higher with Ford is an absolute joke! Good luck actually getting anyone on the phone, when you do they will tell you they can only make recommendations not force anything. I have emailed through ford owners site, contacted through this forum, called and emailed regional CSM. No one will take ownership of my problem and see it through to ensure a loyal customers problems are taken care of (5 Ford in last 6 years). I filed through BBB to have my car bought back. I'm done missing work, making repeated phone calls because my CSM phone goes straight to voicemail (3 weeks to get ahold of CSM, I called 3 days in a row at one point and left messages everytime), and the sheer inconvenience of being without my car. I'm in the process of building a house. I don't have time to go back and forth with ford while they want to claim nothing's wrong with this car.

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
metallic gear oil? What's the potential for that to damage other components like bearings? Sounds like they should have just ordered a new transmission.

You probably should have started a lemon law process before now, as this is a very slow repair. Even if you don't follow through, that will help motivate them to work faster.

http://www.dmv.org/al-alabama/automotive-law/lemon-law.php

It is 2 years old or less (or has 24,000 miles or less).

It has had 3 attempts or more to repair the issue by the manufacturer, a manufacturer's agent or an authorized dealer for the same defect.

It has been out of service for at least 30 days and in the possession of the manufacturer, a manufacturer's agent, or an authorized dealer.

I already did I was just waiting for 30 days out of service before filing. I think in Alabama 30 days total out of service qualifies, which I didn't know I would have filed 7 days earlier because it spent 7 days at dealer for HVAC controls on previous visit.

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Going higher with Ford is an absolute joke! Good luck actually getting anyone on the phone, when you do they will tell you they can only make recommendations not force anything. I have emailed through ford owners site, contacted through this forum, called and emailed regional CSM. No one will take ownership of my problem and see it through to ensure a loyal customers problems are taken care of (5 Ford in last 6 years). I filed through BBB to have my car bought back. I'm done missing work, making repeated phone calls because my CSM phone goes straight to voicemail (3 weeks to get ahold of CSM, I called 3 days in a row at one point and left messages everytime), and the sheer inconvenience of being without my car. I'm in the process of building a house. I don't have time to go back and forth with ford while they want to claim nothing's wrong with this car.
WOW. This sounds like a effing nightmare. Had no idea it was that bad. Toyota was awesome. Called their main # and got the ball rolling. Now you have me worried that there is NO WARRANTY!!! :mad:

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A
I already did I was just waiting for 30 days out of service before filing. I think in Alabama 30 days total out of service qualifies, which I didn't know I would have filed 7 days earlier because it spent 7 days at dealer for HVAC controls on previous visit.

What dealer is it at? Town and country?

Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
Contacting the higher ups does work. To make a very long story short. I had problems with a F-250. Ford tried to match the paint and couldn't get it right. I want to take it to my guy. I worked my way up the chain of command right to VP Ross Roberts. It took me three months but I got the check in the mail.

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
WOW. This sounds like a effing nightmare. Had no idea it was that bad. Toyota was awesome. Called their main # and got the ball rolling. Now you have me worried that there is NO WARRANTY!!! :mad:
Exactly why Lexus IS is one of top considerations for replacing my Mustang.

Everything has been covered under warrenty, it was getting Ford to admit a problem. It finally took the trans falling out of gear and matellic gear oil for them to admit there was a problem. I told them at 4,888 miles this isn't right and is going to cause damage....

Last edited:
OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Contacting the higher ups does work. To make a very long story short. I had problems with a F-250. Ford tried to match the paint and couldn't get it right. I want to take it to my guy. I worked my way up the chain of command right to VP Ross Roberts. It took me three months but I got the check in the mail.
The one time I tried to go around my CSM I got kicked back to her, I don't know how to get in contact with anyone higher.

Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
... Toyota replaced mine in 2 days after dropping off. They ordered it and it was waiting when I dropped off.
... Toyota was awesome. Called their main # and got the ball rolling. Now you have me worried that there is NO WARRANTY!!! :mad:
I am a little worried as well. There is a number of postings here, with repairs taking weeks, sometimes more than 30 days. Parts "backordered", no ETA.

Reliability is only half the deal. Speed of diagnosis and repair is the other half. I would say the latter is even more important. Even if a car isn't all that reliable, getting it fixed fast really helps.

That said, I checked Texas Lemon Annual Report for 2014 which includes 2013 and 2012, and there was very few Mustangs. Dodge Ram trucks lead the way.

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
I am a little worried as well. There is a number of postings here, with repairs taking weeks, sometimes more than 30 days. Parts "backordered", no ETA.

Reliability is only half the deal. Speed of diagnosis and repair is the other half. I would say the latter is even more important. Even if a car isn't all that reliable, getting it fixed fast really helps.

That said, I checked Texas Lemon Annual Report for 2014 which includes 2013 and 2012, and there was very few Mustangs. Dodge Ram trucks lead the way.
This is exactly correct! If Ford would have just fixed my problem from the beginning instead of making me jump through hoops and file lemon law complaint to actually take my concerns seriously I would be perfectly fine.

OP
OP

GhostRider8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Wow what a nightmare. I hopey notchy Trans holds up while I have it
I like the user name! I hate to rain on your parade but my trans started as notchy shifts then started a little nibble on certain shift then weather cooled off and went to full blown grinding.

This was my first car 84 Z-28 5.0 HO
image.jpeg

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
The one time I tried to go around my CSM I got kicked back to her, I don't know how to get in contact with anyone higher.
Forget customer service. Do some internet searching to get Ford corporate. I just don't remember the address. I found it and I didn't have a computer back then.
Anyway, the big guy is William Clay Ford, send letters, call everyday. Assertive and courteous goes a long way.
Did you talk to the service manager or the owner of the dealership?

Knight5.0

Project Lightning
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A