Sponsored

582hp/442lb-ft from factory, what do I need to do?

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
I wonder if FTW Racing fuel will do even better on these Voodoo motors?
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I just called ford performance those are gt350 stock cams

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I assumed that they were the old Cobra Jet cams. They were 13mm lift, but the duration was way up there. I think 290 duration on the intake and 263 on the exhaust. I don't recall exactly.
The gt350 cams are 14mm

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
The gt350 cams are 14mm

I know. I was talking about the old Cobra Jet cams. Apparently, they're not the cams I thought they were. The GT350 cams are higher lift, but I doubt that their duration is as high. More power is gained through duration than lift. It's just that lift adds a little power throughout the range while duration adds much more power up top at the expense of some low end loss.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Mike from ford performance told me that that picture was from the PRI show and that ford performance just now is releasing the information

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Good info. I'll have to keep a lookout for more new parts packages.

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
saw this from the other forum:

not sure what that camshaft kit contains, maybe we already got it.
but looks to me with the cobra jet intake, TB you will get 582hp no problem

sign me up
Yes that was posted on BMO here.

http://bossmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10407.0

If you read the first post in this thread it appears a different cam is in the works so while that part number might belong to the GT350 my understanding is you need different cams to work with the different firing order when using a CPC.

http://bossmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10399.0

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I love being the test mule. I just purchased the cobra jet intake, 67mm tb, I have long tube headers and off road x-pipe on the way soon and and I just talked to Vinny at JLT I'm going to try to fit a CAI tube onto this set up. Once I get all parts in hand I will be doing one by one Dyno pulls to see what works and what gains are being made. I hope to see soon before later to help all my fellow voodoo friends. I'm super excited. More POWER!! Mike at ford performance told me that these are in fact the stock 5.2l cams.

Myshelby3425

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I love being the test mule. I just purchased the cobra jet intake, 67mm tb, I have long tube headers and off road x-pipe on the way soon and and I just talked to Vinny at JLT I'm going to try to fit a CAI tube onto this set up. Once I get all parts in hand I will be doing one by one Dyno pulls to see what works and what gains are being made. I hope to see soon before later to help all my fellow voodoo friends. I'm super excited. More POWER!! Mike at ford performance told me that these are in fact the stock 5.2l cams.
That's great voodoo, can't wait!

Is the 5.2 using the Flat plane crank since it says ford performance forged crank and not gt350 crank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Isn't the stock tb 87mm? Why would anyone want a 67mm?

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT

Nice! Any particular reason that you didn't go with the monoblade throttle body?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I want to see a graph graph, not an illustration. If something say the CJ intake puts a little more meat into the mid range, I may consider. Although if history repeats based on most Fords, that'll be the throttle body that gives the low and mid range a boost.

South40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Lincoln, 2013 Ford Raptor
Awesome, can't wait for results! My only concern on the intake is hood clearance. The intake looks a lot taller.
Sponsored