5.0 PP How diffcult to DIY Front Pads ?

BiteMe2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Time to replace my front brake pads on my "15 5.0 PP. I'm asking how difficult it is for me to do it myself ?
Sponsored

GThunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
It's very easy as long as you aren't mechanically challeneged haha. Haven't changed the pads on my GT yet, but I've changed pads on my previous cars. As long as you have some basic tools you're good to go really.

GThunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT

Nine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Hell, I didn't even use a screwdriver. Once you wiggle the pad partway out you can just grab it and pull back towards the caliper. It'll compress the pistons.

Sponsored

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
Time to replace my front brake pads on my "15 5.0 PP. I'm asking how difficult it is for me to do it myself ?
How many miles did you get out of them?

Sheenapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
where did you get them from? what brand are they?

there's about 0% information regarding PP brakes so if you can overwhelm us with information that would be fantastic

OP
OP

BiteMe2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Great to know that no special tool is required, that was my main concern. I just was asking since no one had posted up a thread on how to do it. I just installed the BMR CB005R kit and that was pretty easy and straightforward. I have 19k and it's starting to squeal slightly when slowing down under 10mph. Found some on Steedas website brand is Stop-Tech for $79 which is great compared to oem that my local Ford have for $315

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
Brembo Brakes or thos style...are so easy. Designed to change pads at the track. When the wheel is off, you can replace pads in about 2 minutes.

Just push the pin out, reset the pistons, insert pads, insert pins. Done.

Put the wheels back on and bed the pads in.

Sponsored

Platinumxp1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT w/ PP
Haven't had that problem, but I use a scrap of 1/32" steel bar I had for another project. layed it across the pistons and squeezed with my hands. flat head works great too.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Great to know that no special tool is required, that was my main concern. I just was asking since no one had posted up a thread on how to do it. I just installed the BMR CB005R kit and that was pretty easy and straightforward. I have 19k and it's starting to squeal slightly when slowing down under 10mph. Found some on Steedas website brand is Stop-Tech for $79 which is great compared to oem that my local Ford have for $315
Have you actually looked at your brakes to see if they actually need changed? These brakes are inherently noisy. I doubt you"need" brakes already unless you've done a bunch of track days.

OP
OP

BiteMe2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Have you actually looked at your brakes to see if they actually need changed? These brakes are inherently noisy. I doubt you"need" brakes already unless you've done a bunch of track days.
Great thanks for the heads up, I haven't gotten the wheels off and inspected them yet, car is parked till I get out of school for spring break. I will post a picture and a how to when I get to it this Friday.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
Brembo calipers are probably the easiest to change ever. They really do a good design
Sponsored