El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Triple Yellow
Here's the thing, last week I took my car in for it's first oil change courtesy of the dealer that sold me the car. When I took it home I uploaded my Lund tune from my Ngauge and did some normal driving sat & sun without getting on it. Well 200 miles later and two WOT runs up to 100 mph and I get a Low Oil Pressure warning as soon as I turn on the car on on Tuesday morning on my way to work, so I turned it off and check the oil dipstick. Sure enough it was low one quart. I topped it off with Motorcraft 5W-20 and everything was fine for another 150 miles. Now yesterday I got the same warning light and proceeded to turn off and on the car and everything was Ok again. My question is, what should be setting off the Low oil Pressure warning light? Oil level is right at the top mark on the dip stick. Something to do with the Lund tune? Or something else? I contacted John from Lund Racing and he suggested it might me a glitch in the computer from the oil level being initially being low. Just wanted to know if any of you guys have experience anything similar. The car runs/idles great no issues in drive ability. My biggest fear is that I might of spun a bearing or something of that nature when I did a WOT run shifting at 7200 RPM's. Hope its just a glitch in the computer since it goes away when I turn it off, wait 5 seconds and turn it back on.:shrug:
Sponsored

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
thin ass oil. run some stp oil treatment to thicken it up.
Thin? I don't think so, that is what ford recommends if I'm not mistaken.

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
very disturbing that a car would be serviced with a quart short. Are they not checking the dipsticks? As a precaution should always check your oil level after service just in case.

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
very disturbing that a car would be serviced with a quart short. Are they not checking the dipsticks? As a precaution should always check your oil level after service just in case.
Your right about checking after getting it serviced. Never again will I take any new car in for its "free first oil change". I always service my vehicles and keep good record of it. Back in '07 when I bought my F150 I also took it in for its first oil change to the same dealer, :doh: That time I checked right away because I was in and out in 15 min. and seemed too quick to get the job done. Sure enough they changed the oil but not the filter. I had them take it back in and do it again, the right way. I thought by now they had better technicians but I guess not.:shrug:

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Whippled Competition Orange
Its the Tune... ive had the same problem. No oil leak or Low oil level... Just make sure Lund fixes the tune.. and make sure you tell them if you have the PP or the Non PP its a guage issue.

Hope this helps

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Its the Tune... ive had the same problem. No oil leak or Low oil level... Just make sure Lund fixes the tune.. and make sure you tell them if you have the PP or the Non PP its a guage issue.

Hope this helps
Thanks for your input, I have notified Lund about the tune. Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
hope u got it figured out... my buddy had the same issue as well..just helped him and it was a tune issue from Lund Racing

Sponsored
OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
hope u got it figured out... my buddy had the same issue as well..just helped him and it was a tune issue from Lund Racing
I received my tune yesterday and so far no more low oil pressure warning light. John was real quick to respond with a revised tune! I will update in a few days if everything is ok. Might have been something simple in the tune. :headbang:

rio16

MAD_50HH
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rio
Vehicle(s)
I received my tune yesterday and so far no more low oil pressure warning light. John was real quick to respond with a revised tune! I will update in a few days if everything is ok. Might have been something simple in the tune. :headbang:
good to hear :cheers:

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
thin ass oil. run some stp oil treatment to thicken it up.

Just...no

It's simply a switch setting in the tune is all. Real oil pressure isn't affected. There's still enough. The warning setting comes on at a different psi in PP and non PP. A nonPP tune setting will cause PP car to have light. Tuner can very easily fix that.

OP
OP
El_Centenario

El_Centenario

5L V8PWR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Well you guys were right, it was all in the tune. Jon from Lund racing got back to me with a revised tune and I no longer get the low oil pressure warning. He did mentioned that it is due to different oil psi setting in a PP 5.0 from the non PP. So far I have logged over 1000 miles and everything is normal and running just fine. :thumbsup:
Sponsored