Sponsored

3D Printed Oil Filler Funnel

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Please add me to your list for a GT350 with spin on filter.
Sponsored

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Pilotgore Please add me to the list for the funnel and filter guide (Mach 1)
Thanks!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Been a long time, is this actually going to ever be made?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Been a long time, is this actually going to ever be made?
The results from the last prototype last year were a bit discouraging and the anatomy of the m1ā€™s belly pan make it a difficult task, for sure.

That being said, my designer @Gearz and I hope to tackle this later this summer or fall. I have to fly him into town, then borrow my local beta testers car for a few days so it can sit on the lift making it possible for us to do rapid prototyping. I really hate to give any kind of deadline because it may not happen at allā€¦. Which is part of the reason why I havenā€™t taken any deposits. Iā€™ll only sell a product if it kicks ass and doesnā€™t fall off easily (which is the hardest part by far.)

I can say though, every name that gets added to the wait list makes my motivation ever so slightly higher. Weā€™re up to 57.

Edit to add, my motivation for the gt350 was significantly higher because I actually owned the car and wanted to use it for myself. Those 9 oil changes a year were hell.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Hey pilotgore, I have 300 miles on my 23 Mach 1 so I can wait, but I would like all 3, the funnel, caps and filter guide. Can you add me to the list? Also if the filter guide never happens, I'd still want the funnel and caps.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
The results from the last prototype last year were a bit discouraging and the anatomy of the m1ā€™s belly pan make it a difficult task, for sure.

That being said, my designer @Gearz and I hope to tackle this later this summer or fall. I have to fly him into town, then borrow my local beta testers car for a few days so it can sit on the lift making it possible for us to do rapid prototyping. I really hate to give any kind of deadline because it may not happen at allā€¦. Which is part of the reason why I havenā€™t taken any deposits. Iā€™ll only sell a product if it kicks ass and doesnā€™t fall off easily (which is the hardest part by far.)

I can say though, every name that gets added to the wait list makes my motivation ever so slightly higher. Weā€™re up to 57.

Edit to add, my motivation for the gt350 was significantly higher because I actually owned the car and wanted to use it for myself. Those 9 oil changes a year were hell.
Thanks for being honest .
Please keep us in the loop.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Please add me to the list for a GT350 with a spin on oil filter. I would like to order the oil fill funnel now, if possible.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Please add me to the list for a GT350 with a spin on oil filter. I would like to order the oil fill funnel now, if possible.
Thanks for expressing interest.

Recently, I stopped being a sponsor on the forum which precludes me from discussing the 3D printed gear on forum in any capacity. Iā€™ll pick the sponsorship back up in a few months most likely.

In the meantime, If you or anyone else would like to reach me about my gear, please email me off forum at [email protected]. Thanks for understanding!

-Jon

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Awesome product. Got mine the other day (a week after my last oil change), but looking forward to the next one. Solid product.

Thanks!

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thanks for expressing interest.

Recently, I stopped being a sponsor on the forum which precludes me from discussing the 3D printed gear on forum in any capacity. Iā€™ll pick the sponsorship back up in a few months most likely.

In the meantime, If you or anyone else would like to reach me about my gear, please email me off forum at [email protected]. Thanks for understanding!

-Jon
Just sent you an email, had a quick question

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Can I be added to the wait list for all 3 parts for a 2022 Mach 1?

Striker01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, 90 LX Coupe, 99 SVT Lightning, 99 WS6
can someone bring me up to speed here and what im missing- it appears that there are a number of places that have funnels that you can spin on to the filler necks? Whats the difference here?

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
can someone bring me up to speed here and what im missing- it appears that there are a number of places that have funnels that you can spin on to the filler necks? Whats the difference here?
I cant speak about my own products since I'm not a sponsor anymore. . . In general though a 3D printed product allows you to tailor make something like an oil adding funnel to an exact car model so that the top of the funnel is on a flat plane, not tilted at an angle (so you can let go of the bottle and let it drain on its own.). The funnels available on the market are typically made in two parts (for ease of manufacturing and so that adaptors can be swapped to go between different funnel cap designs.). After multiple uses, those jointed areas are known to leak, which is why they don't have wide scale adoption.

The thing that most people really want is a mess free solution for removing the oil filter and directing that oil away from the belly pan. If I ever develop such a product, I'll re-enable my forum sponsorship and then I'll be able to publicly talk about and sell said product through the forum. I've been told I'm not allowed to discuss product development through the forum unless I'm an active sponsor.