ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
First off, this part is higher than giraffe booty from FoMoCo, but I had to have it. I couldn't stand the thought of putting a cheap (looking) presswood board and mismatched carpeting the back of a Shelby. Hell, I'd even have hard time doing that to an EcoBoost PP. So I pulled the trigger and ordered on from my local dealer. It took forever to get in and also had a price increase before it was delivered. (Glad I ordered this before it went up).

I'll provide pics and a simple "how to" as I install it. I don't have the car back from Kooks yet, but I was afraid something would happen to it if I didn't pick it up quickly.
IMG_1697.JPG
IMG_1699.jpg
IMG_1700.jpg
IMG_1698.JPG
IMG_1701.JPG
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
One expensive floor mat indeed!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Did you get the support hardware as well?

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Did you get the support hardware as well?
Sorta... The diagram shows three bolts needed. I bought a bag of four. I'm not sure if this hardware is already there when I remove the stock seats. The diagram also showed two small square pieces the fit under the RSD. When these came into the dealership, they were nothing more than 2ish" foam squares for $40 each. I'm not buying those...

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
in for install pictures... I am about to order this "delete" myself!

so it's MORE THAN $1300 now?

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
North of $1500 now on autonation white bear lake

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
When/if the RSD becomes available through Ford Performance, it will be the identical part but at a better price. This was the EXACT same story on the Laguna Seca rear seat delete kits.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Sorta... The diagram shows three bolts needed. I bought a bag of four. I'm not sure if this hardware is already there when I remove the stock seats. The diagram also showed two small square pieces the fit under the RSD. When these came into the dealership, they were nothing more than 2ish" foam squares for $40 each. I'm not buying those...
I was going to say, I installed one of the first RSD S197 kits FRPP offered up. There was some small black foam pieces to install on that one as well.

Looking forward to your install.

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Mine came out good, it does feel cheap though.. I used one of the AFM kits.

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
When/if the RSD becomes available through Ford Performance, it will be the identical part but at a better price. This was the EXACT same story on the Laguna Seca rear seat delete kits.
According to my contacts at FRPP, they do not intend on offering this any time soon.

Also, off the record ( I will not name my source)... I was told it was higher ups (executives) that pushed for the back seat kit to be added to the catalog. Seems several bought R's and wanted matching rear seats. :shrug:

Sponsored
OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
I was going to say, I installed one of the first RSD S197 kits FRPP offered up. There was some small black foam pieces to install on that one as well.

Looking forward to your install.
I have that kit in my '12 car.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
According to my contacts at FRPP, they do not intend on offering this any time soon.

Also, off the record ( I will not name my source)... I was told it was higher ups (executives) that pushed for the back seat kit to be added to the catalog. Seems several bought R's and wanted matching rear seats. :shrug:
Maybe I misread your other post but I thought you ordered one already? Because I contacted two Ford dealership that I deal with for parts and also ford performance and they all said nothing is available at this time

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I am slightly confused... how many parts are in the total kit? I see at least three different part numbers in OP's post.

OP
OP
ITLRUN

ITLRUN

HiPo Joe
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R HR186
Maybe I misread your other post but I thought you ordered one already? Because I contacted two Ford dealership that I deal with for parts and also ford performance and they all said nothing is available at this time
I had to order straight from Ford and yes I have it. That's what's pictured above. Typically If the same part is offered through FRPP it's cheaper.
Sponsored