Sponsored

350R arrived today...

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Congrats.

I wonder if the stripe was actually a left over from a MY16, all blue stripes changed from 16 to 17 from DIB to LB
Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Congrats.

I wonder if the stripe was actually a left over from a MY16, all blue stripes changed from 16 to 17 from DIB to LB
See, I hold by my stance. 50 years from now your car could be like the misprinted postage stamp sought out by Ford collectors. There'll be authenticity experts using xray diffraction scanning to see whether the stripes were genuinely mismatched by the factory or simply an impostor collector trying to replicate yours.

By the way that Fisker interior looks nice, though a bit more over the top than what I'd prefer. I suppose the carbon dash trim is from the Trufiber brand? Supposedly the 2018 GT's will offer an option for stitched leather upper consoles like on other high-end cars. I had wondered if they could be retrofitted into a GT350.

Mr. Adair

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3
The car is very well built and rigid. From an engineering standpoint, this car is spot on and performs its purpose very well. It far overshadows all of the other stuff. I feel just as inspired in my GT350/GT350R as I do in my P-cars and it has nothing to do with that stuff - it is a quality car for the money.

Of course...one can send their car to Fisker and have an interior like a P-car for 30K and still save 60K...

Well said!

mdmoore23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 ZL1
Who's over this Ford GT350 quality control? There seem to be mistakes that make it out on this car that are so easy to see. $67k is expensive enough for a vehicle to be held to a higher standard of quality. Not to mention what some people are paying.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Exactly. I just came from a GT3 to try the R (wanted to try American and didn't want as much money wrapped up in a car). The first few weeks were rough as I looked at all of the little flaws compared to a German built car. The R has a huge smile and performance factor for the dollar but Ford still needs to work as much on weight reduction in their cars and fit and finish as they do performance. Not a fair comparison to Porsche but they continue to lighten each model every generation..

At least the paint on these cars is better than what Porsche sends out. Don't get me wrong, I would love a GT3 (really any Cayman or Carrera), but I'd also plan to be compounding the entire car when it arrived to remove the sanding marks and holograms from the factory.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
That stripes easy to fix.
Congrats on the car, enjoy it. Its a fun car. Fit and finish Forgetaboudit.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I think the stripe snafu is pretty cool and would wear it with pride.

Enjoy tracking the living shit out of that car. It is exactly what it was made for.

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Clutch spring out before the christening...
IMG_5764.jpg

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I'd put the Steeda in there. IMO the pedal feels floppy without it. Hate the factory springs.

Your car is awesome BTW and considering some of the hardware you own/owned it's a testament to how good of a job Ford did with this car. Sans Voodoo this car would be 90% less special.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
You're so lucky

Sponsored

KS10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350R
Congrats, looks awesome! Looking forward to seeing you at the track! What chassis number is it?

OP
OP
mmm635

mmm635

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Turn it up...

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]0-PsnMDjUgA[/MEDIA]"]

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
At least the paint on these cars is better than what Porsche sends out. Don't get me wrong, I would love a GT3 (really any Cayman or Carrera), but I'd also plan to be compounding the entire car when it arrived to remove the sanding marks and holograms from the factory.
I really have to disagree about the paint being better. It is by far the sloppiest factory paint job on any car I have owned so far. Where it is good it is fine but too many places on the car where there are clear mistakes to base coat or clear or both. While the places where the clear has issues are mostly correctable you cannot fix problems with the base coat that easily.
The car is great overall but the initial quality issues (not just paint) should not be an 'acceptable' thing. The funny/sad thing is that the following is a quote from the email signature of the regional Ford rep I had to deal with a lot in order to address a bunch of these initial QC issues: " Good , better, best. Never let it rest. “til your good is better and your better is best." And I can tell you that unfortunately nothing can be further from the reality.

BTW, the reasons I still love the car after all this are all about everything else but initial quality and manufacturer support.

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
I agree with the paint, this is by far the worst paint of any car I've owned. It needed $500 worth of paint correction prior to my Suntek and Opti-coat Pro install.

Bosshog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J-RO
Vehicle(s)
17' 350R // 16' FOCUS RS
Did you take out your wheel spacers? Car seems a little tall . . ??
Sponsored