Sponsored

275/50-17 m&h racemaster radials on stock halfshafts??

Masorcas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BLACK GT PP PREMIUM
Hows it goin do u guys think i should be fine with the stock halfshafts with 275/50-17 drag radials. Wont be taking it to the track just want them for looks pretty much . If i launch hard on the street should i worry about my halfshafts? All i have is jlt intake ,cat deletes and lung FF tune on my PP 5.0 with 3.73's
Sponsored

Hoblick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Hows it goin do u guys think i should be fine with the stock halfshafts with 275/50-17 drag radials. Wont be taking it to the track just want them for looks pretty much . If i launch hard on the street should i worry about my halfshafts? All i have is jlt intake ,cat deletes and lung FF tune on my PP 5.0 with 3.73's
hard launch on street, id worry.

i had M&H on my car, granted at the track. but sheared the rear diff bolts. i have slicks now

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
As long as you don't do any 6k+ clutch dumps with the tires warmed up, you should be ok. Just slip the clutch a little on the launch to help save those half shafts as best as possible.

OP
OP
Masorcas

Masorcas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BLACK GT PP PREMIUM
What driveshafts do u guys recommend?I dont want to get stranded if i launch hard

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I run the Same tire with my pp car and haven't had any issues yet. I've been 122 mph with them in the quarter. On the track and street they hook very good. I don't launch at 5000 but have done some 4000-4500 with no issues yet. My clutch is probably slipping a little which may be saving them. I was going to go with a slick, but play more on the street than at the track. The m&h handle pretty good and hook well. They even did ok coming home in a light rain a few weeks ago.

Here is a video at the track with a 4500 rpm launch. Again, I think the clutch is slipping. My best 60' ft is only 1.699 and that was a 11.5 pass.

Sponsored