v8 enthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adelmar
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 19 GT A10, 21 MACH 1
Hi everyone!
I am about to purchase a new 2023 Mach 1 automatic.
I know they come with minus 10Hp comparing to 2021 Mach 1 auto that I've got.
With the exception of Edmunds, I have found no performance numbers, specially 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile results.
1 - Does anyone know if (bone stock) there is any difference in performance in the real world between the two year models?
2- After removing the hydro carbon trap in the 2023 year model, any gains in acceleration?

Tks a lot
Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Hi everyone!
I am about to purchase a new 2023 Mach 1 automatic.
I know they come with minus 10Hp comparing to 2021 Mach 1 auto that I've got.
With the exception of Edmunds, I have found no performance numbers, specially 0 to 60 and 1/4 mile results.
1 - Does anyone know if (bone stock) there is any difference in performance in the real world between the two year models?
2- After removing the hydro carbon trap in the 2023 year model, any gains in acceleration?

Tks a lot
Go on YT and search for “Tony’s Fords and Mustangs”. Alternatively search on this forum. He claims carbon trap removal gained him 18 RWHP over stock and provides dyno proof. Like anything else, he has his non-believers but seems credible to me.

Having said that, opinions vary as to whether the butt dyno can feel any difference one way or the other. I’ve seen no repetitive data to support either opinion. I would think 10 hp would be within the allowable variance in these engines anyway.

I go back and forth on doing it or not. So far have not, but might at some point. Every time I get ready to do it I take a ride and feel how strong these cars pull and think why fool with it and take even a far-fetched chance on the warranty? And yeah, before the experts jump in and start the “they gotta prove it“ chant, they don’t. You gotta prove it didn’t. It’s unlikely but a cranky dealer could make it hard on you. Just a consideration.

P.S. Just saw you’re getting an automatic. The A10s pull so strong anyway it’s almost a moot point. And on the street anyway by the time you’re at the top of third gear into fourth things are happening so fast you won’t have time to think about 10 hp. But it is a mental thing and I get it.

Rocket630

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I have a 22 and love the handling and performance, don’t get hung up on the small hp difference.
Drive the car and enjoy the performance and the sweet sounds.
Sponsored