Sponsored

"2022" Mach 1's

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Ya, right. So everyone in the snow belt of the world, have to put their vehicles or at least tires in a heated space. better not buy replacement tires as they get stored in unheated warehouses or 18 wheeler trailers.
How about the factory that makes the tires only does short runs of them in a year, and that is why? lack of product to install on the car.
Yes as a matter of fact they do put their cars and/or tires in a temp controlled space. No one is driving around in the snow belt on sport cup 2ā€™s. You should read up on the specs for these tires.
Sponsored

f2e524d1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
1969/2021 Mustang Mach 1
Just to note that the March/April timeline is for new 2022 Mach 1s with the Handling Package (both of which hasn't been confirmed), and not for a 2021. If you have a build date of Nov/Dec then that's about when you'd get it. Your 2021 Mach 1 could get built sooner depending on production as others have mentioned.

Also, I'm assuming Ford will ship HP cars in Nov-Jan. That goes against what was said earlier this year about HP Mach 1s having to wait until Mar/Apr, though.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Yes as a matter of fact they do put their cars and/or tires in a temp controlled space. No one is driving around in the snow belt on sport cup 2ā€™s. You should read up on the specs for these tires.
If you say so.
I know of many multi race and track car owners that the storage is not temp controlled, and sit in zub freezing temps all winter. And still got the same lap times the next spring.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m sure Ford would love to sell handling package cars all year but the tire issue must be real enough that they are willing to not sell them.
it's not freaking hard. You ship the car with some All Seasons optionally with their cheap 19" rims from a GT (which Ford gets dirt cheap) and a coupon for dealer-installed Cup2 and the proper HP rims once they are drop shipped March'ish. It's just plain laziness on the part of Ford.

Depends where people live but tires not under load (not on a car) can sit in cold temps. Depending on the rubber formulation it's not a good idea but not fatal. My unit is not heated (directly) but it doesn't get really cold in VA (only mid-20's) and I'm in the middle unit, shielded with earth, with a bakery above my head so it's not like I need gloves to maintain dexterity.

I had my Cup2s still on and it was touching freezing. Yes "traction" was theoretical until they got enough heat in them to pretend to flex. Not something I would do again.

Last edited:

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
If you say so.
I know of many multi race and track car owners that the storage is not temp controlled, and sit in zub freezing temps all winter. And still got the same lap times the next spring.
I misspoke. I should not have said temp controlled. With that being said, Ford goes by the recommendations of michelin. Michelin says cold temps can cause cracks in the tires. Neither party wants to eat the cost of damaged tires. This is not new to the Mach 1. Trust me Ford would love to sell as many cars as possible but they have obviously calculated that it is not worth the cost/liability to offer sport cup equipped cars year round. I know it sucks for guys trying to get their cars during the off months, especially those that live in an area that wonā€™t be affected by cold temps after delivery. But thatā€™s the way it is unfortunately.

it's not freaking hard. You ship the car with some All Seasons optionally with their cheap 19" rims from a GT (which Ford gets dirt cheap) and a coupon for dealer-installed Cup2 and the proper HP rims once they are drop shipped March'ish. It's just plain laziness on the part of Ford.

Depends where people live but tires not under load (not on a car) can sit in cold temps. Depending on the rubber formulation it's not a good idea but not fatal. My unit is not heated (directly) but it doesn't get really cold in VA (only mid-20's) and I'm in the middle unit, shielded with earth, with a bakery above my head so it's not like I need gloves to maintain dexterity.

I had my Cup2s still on and it was touching freezing. Yes "traction" was theoretical until they got enough heat in them to pretend to flex. Not something I would do again.
I donā€™t know of any manufacturer that does that. I think it just adds another logistical complication that isnā€™t worth it to them. Thinking a little more about the cup 2 tires i wouldnā€™t be surprised if it came down to legal decision based on liability. They might just not want to risk customers driving cars home from the dealer if it means a couple dumb ass drivers wrecking leaving the lots and trying to sue them.

Sponsored

coldaudio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GX460
I have a confirmed order on 7/21 with a build week of Nov 15th with Handling Package, very curious about what's going to happen, and if I'll need to show up to the dealer with some winter wheels ready to go. I ordered from Granger and live in CO so we're definitely in the snowbelt.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
I spoke to my dealer today in the UK and they have been told no more Mach 1s for the UK full stop!!
They had placed an order for their last one yesterday for March delivery.
boy are we lucky in NZ ! we got our 50 allocated about 2 months ago. loving it. great car. Tremac all the way. recarro seats. loaded . very lucky!

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I have a confirmed order on 7/21 with a build week of Nov 15th with Handling Package, very curious about what's going to happen, and if I'll need to show up to the dealer with some winter wheels ready to go. I ordered from Granger and live in CO so we're definitely in the snowbelt.
I order mine 7/13 and got a email for a built week of nov 15 but the next day got another email for a built week of 9/13. in dealer system says week of 9/13

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Itā€™s not a Ford issue. Itā€™s a tire issue. Sport cups are not even supposed to be exposed to freezing temps let alone rolled around while mounted on a car. Thereā€™s a actually a specific protocol for how to warm them back up safely if allowed to get that cold. Iā€™m sure Ford would love to sell handling package cars all year but the tire issue must be real enough that they are willing to not sell them.
Liability.

faser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
scott
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac
Ya, right. So everyone in the snow belt of the world, have to put their vehicles or at least tires in a heated space. better not buy replacement tires as they get stored in unheated warehouses or 18 wheeler trailers.
How about the factory that makes the tires only does short runs of them in a year, and that is why? lack of product to install on the car.
Agree 100%. Totally unacceptable BS. Simply amazing to observe some who are on board with this crap and actively defend it.

Sponsored

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
Agree 100%. Totally unacceptable BS. Simply amazing to observe some who are on board with this crap and actively defend it.
Well ford announced this was an issue in 2020 before the car was ever on the production line. We did our research and knew what to expect, so I dont see the problem. I'm one of the people who had to buy new tires. I knew I would have to do this months before I ever put a deposit down on the car, because once again, ford announced this was already going to be an issue, before it was an issue to anyone. And for the cars being delayed, it's not like ford could control the computer chip shortage. No one can control everything that happens in life, so blaming Ford for something they CANNOT control is pointless.

Edit: you still have a right to be upset, and I'm not going to knock you for that. But being mad and frustrated with ford is still pointless. Its unnecessary negativity you're adding into your own life. You getting mad has no bearing on Fords business, but it will have a bearing on your mental health holding onto that negativity.

Last edited:

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Well ford announced this was an issue in 2020 before the car was ever on the production line. We did our research and knew what to expect, so I dont see the problem. I'm one of the people who had to buy new tires. I knew I would have to do this months before I ever put a deposit down on the car, because once again, ford announced this was already going to be an issue, before it was an issue to anyone. And for the cars being delayed, it's not like ford could control the computer chip shortage. No one can control everything that happens in life, so blaming Ford for something they CANNOT control is pointless.
I donā€™t really think there is anything to defend. Ford is in the business to sell cars. That being said, Iā€™m not understanding the relationship between delays to that end being beneficial to them, anymore than a conspiracy against its own customers. Seriously. Itā€™s a delay. Thatā€™s all. Not much you can do but put your thumb in your mouth and wait.

Somepothead

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Currently walking: Ordered a 2021 Mach 1
I donā€™t really think there is anything to defend. Ford is in the business to sell cars. That being said, Iā€™m not understanding the relationship between delays to that end being beneficial to them, anymore than a conspiracy against its own customers. Seriously. Itā€™s a delay.
Im sorry. I'm too sober to understand your post šŸ˜‚ I'm trying to understand what you're comparing, or maybe I'm reading something wrong? You said "I'm not understanding the relationship between...." and using the word between made me think you were going to compare 2 things? But you didnt? And maybe I'm just reading this wrong. I'm pretty illiterate, I won't deny this at all. I failed English all through out high school.