Sponsored

2022 GT500 order thread

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
I asked my guy if they have allocations yet and, if so, how many. His response:
“They gave us two only: Base went for $15,000 over and the other was a golden ticket went for $25,000 over.“
He didn’t know if they would get more, or when. They normally get ~six allocations per year.
Sounds like 2022 could be a challenging year to find one…

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
I asked my guy if they have allocations yet and, if so, how many. His response:
“They gave us two only: Base went for $15,000 over and the other was a golden ticket went for $25,000 over.“
He didn’t know if they would get more, or when. They normally get ~six allocations per year.
Sounds like 2022 could be a challenging year to find one…
Do you believe the numbers be gave you are actual? Or was he just talking? Interesting to see people are still going as high as 25over for a golden ticket.

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
Do you believe the numbers be gave you are actual? Or was he just talking? Interesting to see people are still going as high as 25over for a golden ticket.
I bought both of my cars from him and my son works there. Known him for many years. So yes, I trust him. Good guy.
I was hoping to tell y’all to call him if he had allocations to sell. But he already has a long wait list for the next ones (if any). He didn’t imply what the ADMs might be for the next allocations.
I know last year they shipped a few GT500s overseas cause that’s where the money is. He had a Ford GT that he sat on for the required 2 years. I thought he would take it to Mecum or something. But he sold it to someone in France for $2.2M. Yikes>>>>

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Local dealer to me sold their golden ticket for 30 over and base car for 20k they still have one configurable that they offered me 10k over on. I passed and was lucky enough to find one for 5k over.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Brutane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350,14 Silverado, 14 suburban, 77 bandit T/A
LAS VEGAS — Ford Motor Co., beset by ongoing production woes, told dealers on Saturday it was pushing back allocations and that wholesale deliveries will be lighter until the end of May, although it continues to produce vehicles and fill customer orders.

Hells Fury

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Gt Sold/ ‘22 Gt500 on order
LAS VEGAS — Ford Motor Co., beset by ongoing production woes, told dealers on Saturday it was pushing back allocations and that wholesale deliveries will be lighter until the end of May, although it continues to produce vehicles and fill customer orders.
I Read more into this, sounds like allocations for stock orders not customer orders.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Sponsored

mvarney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Shelby GT500
I'm torn... I found a new '21 GT500 13K over but its my 2nd choice in color. Based on the numbe of days its been on the floor I'm confident the overgage is negotiable or atleast what it contains. Other dealerships I've talked to said allocations are being released in 30-45 days. Is there any truth to that or are all of the '22s that are going to be released already spoken for?

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm torn... I found a new '21 GT500 13K over but its my 2nd choice in color. Based on the numbe of days its been on the floor I'm confident the overgage is negotiable or atleast what it contains. Other dealerships I've talked to said allocations are being released in 30-45 days. Is there any truth to that or are all of the '22s that are going to be released already spoken for?
I'm not sure anyone can answer that unless you hear it directly from a Ford rep, or someone you trust enough to believe who has spoken to a Ford rep.. usually a few minutes of conversation will clue you in on who you can trust. As someone who thankfully just secured a legit allocation, I feel there will be more. How many? I'm not sure Ford even knows. All the plants are a complete cluster right now, KTP is like 200k trucks behind on production, and like Flat rock, they have a complete model changeover coming for 2023.

mvarney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota Tundra, 2021 Shelby GT500
I'm not sure anyone can answer that unless you hear it directly from a Ford rep, or someone you trust enough to believe who has spoken to a Ford rep.. usually a few minutes of conversation will clue you in on who you can trust. As someone who thankfully just secured a legit allocation, I feel there will be more. How many? I'm not sure Ford even knows. All the plants are a complete cluster right now, KTP is like 200k trucks behind on production, and like Flat rock, they have a complete model changeover coming for 2023.

I'm new to this but when you say you secured an allocation do you mean you took delivery or submitted the order? I guess when does one know its a done deal outside of taking delivery?

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Sheesh that photo if legit destroyed that grabber blue GT500 with those hideous red stripes. That doesn’t look like grabber blue, more like velocity blue, but no matter what blue it is those red stripes don’t work at all.
Sponsored