2022 GT 1/4 race day. So close to 10 second pass

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
For sure. I’ll post it and video it. Probably won’t go on the car until June sometime when I have a break in racing.
You’ll like the MSD 2-step. I put one in my 2013 GT. I can look through my old photos and send some pics of the install if you like. Just let me know. Here is a quick post on how I wired mine up. I can’t see it being any different on the S550. Very simple install. The most difficult part of the install is routing everything nicely and neatly, which I know you would definitely want to do, based on what I can see of your build thus far.

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/threads/2013-gt-msd-2-step-install-tips.309424/
Sponsored

OP
OP
WoodburnGT

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
You’ll like the MSD 2-step. I put one in my 2013 GT. I can look through my old photos and send some pics of the install if you like. Just let me know. Here is a quick post on how I wired mine up. I can’t see it being any different on the S550. Very simple install. The most difficult part of the install is routing everything nicely and neatly, which I know you would definitely want to do, based on what I can see of your build thus far.

https://www.moddedmustangs.com/threads/2013-gt-msd-2-step-install-tips.309424/
I actually bought the 2016+ version(but not for Gen 3 cars) I learned from Beefcake Racing how to make it work for my car(Gen 3). MDS doesn’t offer a version for Direct Injection Coyotes…..so some simple changes make it work.

Austin1992

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I actually bought the 2016+ version(but not for Gen 3 cars) I learned from Beefcake Racing how to make it work for my car(Gen 3). MDS doesn’t offer a version for Direct Injection Coyotes…..so some simple changes make it work.
Please do tell. Is it on their site or did you call them?

OP
OP
WoodburnGT

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Please do tell. Is it on their site or did you call them?
It is not on the website. Tried to send you a private message…..it wont let me. Do you have messages turned off or blocked?

AcceptableNebula

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Mustang GT Premium
If you could PM me the way to make it work, it would be appreciated. I was on MSDs site last night and I didn't buy it because it said not for DI cars.

Have you changed your Oil pump gears yet? I've been told by multiple coyote racers not to use a 2 step til I changed the OPGs. I have them now and they are going in next week. Supposedly the OPGs don't like the Rev limiter. Maybe they have addressed that by 22-23.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WoodburnGT

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
If you could PM me the way to make it work, it would be appreciated. I was on MSDs site last night and I didn't buy it because it said not for DI cars.

Have you changed your Oil pump gears yet? I've been told by multiple coyote racers not to use a 2 step til I changed the OPGs. I have them now and they are going in next week. Supposedly the OPGs don't like the Rev limiter. Maybe they have addressed that by 22-23.
Yes, I’ve done the OPG’s. The shop i use is doing my MSD install, which probably won’t be until sometime in June when I have a break in my racing. Once it’s on the car working I’ll update.

OP
OP
WoodburnGT

WoodburnGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Any update on the 2 step?
Not yet. I ended up buying a BMR K-member and Comp Cams. My plan was to have everything installed at once on Aug 5th….then the motor in my new 22’ Ram took a shit and now I have no way of towing my car 3 hours to the shop I use. Not sure what I’m gonna do at this point.
Sponsored